Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got Killed By Two SVT Cobras **VIDEOS**

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got Killed By Two SVT Cobras **VIDEOS**

Went to the races last night and a guy my best friend knows has been wanting to run me. So im always up for some fun runs so we set it up. The guy my buddy knows has 3 other Cobras with him and a very fast Mach1 that is here on Tech (Dan03mach). I raced my buddy first and thought I did very well for my set up. Then raced another Cobra but he got the jump on me and I spun bad but no excuses the runs were fun and it was the first time I have been beat by some nice Mustangs.

First run was my buddy's friend.

03 SVT Cobra Mustang has 490hp but mods are unknown.

02 Z06 Corvette has never been dynoed but has Intake and Long Tube Headers and tune.

This was a 40 roll I spun really bad till 50ish (I have shitty street tires) but the cobra was on Nitto Drag Radials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m-gxsYmfh4

Second run.

03-04 SVT Cobra Mustang with whipple 2.3 with super safe tune, intake, magnaflow catback with off road x midpipe, stock manifolds. Car makes 550 hp.

02 Z06 Corvette has never been dynoed but has Intake and Long Tube Headers and tune.

This was a 40 roll again and I spun of course till 50ish again (I have shitty street tires) but the Cobra was on Drag Radials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wo-fJCEHBk

All in all runs were fun I think my car held it's own for the mods I have. Even got asked if I had a small shot in it. But were doing a cam swap on my car this week (TREX). So next week were gonna do some runs again. But as the saying goes "run what ya brung" and I should have brought more.

Last edited by NoTractionLS1; 10-03-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U got smoked son!!!!!! Jk I seriously thought that first one was gonna put a bus on u atleast. Good *** runs. Killer cobras too
Old 10-03-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Talking

hint. race all cobras from a stop.

im betting with your mods and sticky tires from a stop you hang tough. im still a big fan of c5 z06s.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
Went to the races last night and a guy my best friend knows has been wanting to run me. So im always up for some fun runs so we set it up. The guy my buddy knows has 3 other Cobras with him and a very fast Mach1 that is here on Tech (Dan03mach). I raced my buddy first and thought I did very well for my set up. Then raced another Cobra but he got the jump on me and I spun bad but no excuses the runs were fun and it was the first time I have been beat by some nice Mustangs.

First run was my buddy's friend.

03 SVT Cobra Mustang has 490hp but mods are unknown.

This was a 40 roll I spun really bad till 50ish (I have shitty street tires) but the cobra was on Nitto Drag Radials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m-gxsYmfh4

Second run.

03-04 SVT Cobra Mustang with ??? hp and mods are unknown.

This was a 40 roll again and I spun of course till 50ish again (I have shitty street tires) but the Cobra was on Drag Radials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wo-fJCEHBk

All in all runs were fun I think my car held it's own for the mods I have. Even got asked if I had a small shot in it. But were doing a cam swap on my car this week (TREX). So next week were gonna do some runs again. But as the saying goes "run what ya brung" and I should have brought more.
Lets see here, you have money for a cam install but no money for tires. First thing you do on a c5Z is tires! Whats up with you telling your mods now? WTF man?

LOL, jking!

Some nittos will do you good. Even when I had a ms4 in the c5z the nittos would barely hook in first and second. You are going to love the Trex cam! Can't wait to see a rematch video.

btw my buddy's 03Z with full exhaust and intake beat a 490rwhp cobra by two cars starting from 45mph to about 130mph or so. He lost a week earlier, he had his bro and a full tank of gas. This time he has a 1/4 tank of gas and no passenger, cobra had driver only in both races. Power to weight ratio of these cars is nuts. Can't wait to see the rematch's
Old 10-03-2010, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good runs.

Glad to see that silver Cobra finally got the driver mod...

Need to get my turd tuned again and I'll be down to have some fun in Messico
Old 10-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

lol scrambler!!!! no **** right. i have no room to talk tho, look at my sig
Old 10-03-2010, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 442 Likes on 348 Posts

Free up that ls6...you don't need a cam to bust there ***.... I do it regurally with a crate ls6
Old 10-03-2010, 09:03 PM
9 Second Club

Good runs. I love terminators. Your car moves pretty good for the mods you have.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did the cobra in the first vid downshift into 1st and screech the tires? LMAO thats funny as hell. Anyways, sweet runs. C5Z's are still bad *** cars and hold thier own awesome.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Yeah u got killed but those were still some good runs. I bet if u had some drag radials and ran them from a dig there just might be a different turn out.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Banned

Thanks guy but in the next week there will be a rematch video with my cam in there......but I got an update on the second Cobra I ran it has

whipple 2.3 with super safe tune

intake

magnaflow catback with off road x midpipe

stock manifolds still

car makes 550 hp
Old 10-03-2010, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Damn! Well that's ok! Fords usually need to use a power adder and 100 more horse to keep up anyway.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guy but in the next week there will be a rematch video with my cam in there......but I got an update on the second Cobra I ran it has

whipple 2.3 with super safe tune

intake

magnaflow catback with off road x midpipe

stock manifolds still

car makes 550 hp
he needs to uncork that thing and throw some long tubes on it. hell easily make 600 with long tubes and a whipple.

still impressed by c5Zs, definetly badass cars.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

****** sick runs.

For What it is i knw the red cobra and the black very well and i knw for a fact that cobra puts down over 460. the zo6 has no cam or juice so that z06 moves with the Trex n 3.42s itll run lil a on the hwy
Old 10-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99problemz

Glad to see that silver Cobra finally got the driver mod...

To the OP good run bro. Your car is quick for the setup for sure and shouldn't have a problem with me after a cam swap. We will rematch sometime after everything is buttoned up. I don't get out to the meets on the weekends much due to work, but Omar knows where to find me. As for tires....get some et street radials. I can dead hook from 40 rolls, downside is they only last a few months.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:06 AM

Great races all around!

Originally Posted by scramblerman
First thing you do on ANY CAR is tires!
^Here's the way I see it

From those videos though, I don't think better tires would have changed the results of these races much.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:05 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

I was out there with yall that night. Nice runs I was behind yall watching. We ended up going to a spot later that evening for some dig runs. I ran the red Cobra from a dig and it was pretty nasty for him... I have to put a bigger Oil cooler on the transmission though. I can't drive mine around like that all night. The cooler i have is too small and in a bad location. I just got finished taking the front bumper off and supports out to put a big Stack/Plate style cooler up front. That should take care of the heating issues.

Last edited by dan03mach; 10-04-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by R1Psycho

To the OP good run bro. Your car is quick for the setup for sure and shouldn't have a problem with me after a cam swap. We will rematch sometime after everything is buttoned up. I don't get out to the meets on the weekends much due to work, but Omar knows where to find me. As for tires....get some et street radials. I can dead hook from 40 rolls, downside is they only last a few months.
It was a good run and I plan on getting some ET Streets, especially after seeing my buddy's Z28 with them I think there the best DR out there. But we were gonna go where ever everyone else was going but it was getting late and we had to go to my buddy's birthday party. But ill defiantly be ready by the end of this month for a rematch.....need a new clutch.

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Great races all around!

^Here's the way I see it

From those videos though, I don't think better tires would have changed the results of these races much.
Yeah they both would have killed me still with DR's, but it's always nice to dead hook and maybe get the lead for a second haha.

Originally Posted by dan03mach
I was out there with yall that night. Nice runs I was behind yall watching. We ended up going to a spot later that evening for some dig runs. I ran the red Cobra from a dig and it was pretty nasty for him... I have to put a bigger Oil cooler on the transmission though. I can't drive mine around like that all night. The cooler i have is too small and in a bad location. I just got finished taking the front bumper off and supports out to put a big Stack/Plate style cooler up front. That should take care of the heating issues.
Yeah Dan I heard you were having heating issues. And yeah your car defiantly moves out. I heard when some Cobras were going at it on 35 you were on there *** just chillin haha...must be nice. But I am ready for that match up between you and Pat should be a good run.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:25 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Yeah Dan I heard you were having heating issues. And yeah your car defiantly moves out. I heard when some Cobras were going at it on 35 you were on there *** just chillin haha...must be nice. But I am ready for that match up between you and Pat should be a good run.
Yeah it the trans was heating up alright. I'm putting a better cooler on it. I don't usually drive the car around on the street very much but after the new cooler goes in it should be fine. It rolls out pretty good. Pat needs to hurry up.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:31 PM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Free up that ls6...you don't need a cam to bust there ***.... I do it regurally with a crate ls6
Not trapping 122mph you're not going to. lol