Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

s2k and rsx, wow, i thought they were quicker

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010 | 01:27 AM
Teching In

Default s2k and rsx, wow, i thought they were quicker

so i was out tonight with a few buddies at the local t-bell. some kid in an rsx decides to do his little ricer flyby (only thing i can think of to describe it). it being probably the last night ill have the car out i went and gave chase, unfortunately he turned off before i could get beside him, so i turned around and went back to t-bell. bout an hour later we were at our normal hangout when who do we see? same rsx, this time he has a s2k tailing him and they are gettin ready to jump on the highway. i figured id give it one last shot and hopped in the car and took off (with plenty of encouragement from my buddies). as im cruising up to these 2 cars i hear them punch it, so i follow suit. i run both of them down and pass them mid-race. i end up stopped at the last light before the highway opens up with this s2k right behind me. light turned green and i took off like i would from any other light, then i hear both the acura and the s2k squealing their tires so i punched it. let off just past 100 with the s2k about 3 behind and the rsx about 7-9 behind. now after hearing this s2k up close i figured he had atleast intake and full exhaust. and ive heard stories about how fast they are supposed to be. well he crawled up beside me and sat there for a good minute running at about 60 (decent spot for me). then i hear the honks, honk 3 i floor it. instantly out by a car, by the time i got out of it he was about 5 big cars behind me. we turned around and i figured we were done, he happened to stop real quick and ask what was done to the car, when i told him it was stock i think he was going to cry. and i guess he figured we were doing a dig and he launched.... i didnt get into it until about 30ish made up his car lead then continued to walk away.... i have to say, after everyone talking about how fast those cars are, i am definitely not impressed..
Old 10-10-2010 | 04:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

S2k's with turbos are pretty badass. There was a guy running 12.5's at 120+mph tonight with a 1700DA but horrible 2.2 60's with horrible track prep

Last edited by marc97taws6; 10-10-2010 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-10-2010 | 04:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
S2k's with turbos are pretty badass. There was a guy running 12.5's at 120+mph tonight with a 1700DA but horrible 2.2 60's with horrible track prep
Yeah that is a mid to low 11's pass if he got a better 60'

I am almost always not impressed with them unless they beat me.
Old 10-10-2010 | 07:58 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Arctic
so i was out tonight with a few buddies at the local t-bell. some kid in an rsx decides to do his little ricer flyby (only thing i can think of to describe it). it being probably the last night ill have the car out i went and gave chase, unfortunately he turned off before i could get beside him, so i turned around and went back to t-bell. bout an hour later we were at our normal hangout when who do we see? same rsx, this time he has a s2k tailing him and they are gettin ready to jump on the highway. i figured id give it one last shot and hopped in the car and took off (with plenty of encouragement from my buddies). as im cruising up to these 2 cars i hear them punch it, so i follow suit. i run both of them down and pass them mid-race. i end up stopped at the last light before the highway opens up with this s2k right behind me. light turned green and i took off like i would from any other light, then i hear both the acura and the s2k squealing their tires so i punched it. let off just past 100 with the s2k about 3 behind and the rsx about 7-9 behind. now after hearing this s2k up close i figured he had atleast intake and full exhaust. and ive heard stories about how fast they are supposed to be. well he crawled up beside me and sat there for a good minute running at about 60 (decent spot for me). then i hear the honks, honk 3 i floor it. instantly out by a car, by the time i got out of it he was about 5 big cars behind me. we turned around and i figured we were done, he happened to stop real quick and ask what was done to the car, when i told him it was stock i think he was going to cry. and i guess he figured we were doing a dig and he launched.... i didnt get into it until about 30ish made up his car lead then continued to walk away.... i have to say, after everyone talking about how fast those cars are, i am definitely not impressed..
I don't know what you've heard... but IIRC the best time EVER for a stock S2000 was 13.6 @ 102mph, and bolt-ons don't free up too much hp. On a good day an intake/exhaust S2000 is a high 13s car.
Old 10-10-2010 | 11:12 PM
12 Second Club

I don't think I've ever heard a bunch of people bragging about how fast a non-turbo S2000 is, and definitely not an RSX. You must hang around some ruhtards.

Sweet puppy kicking.
Old 10-10-2010 | 11:59 PM
Teching In

never seen one run before so its kinda hard to know. dont really care, dude stepped up and wanted to run, so i ran him. i guess im not as cool as you guys. oh well... next
Old 10-11-2010 | 01:18 AM
***Repost Police***

I've never seen one run either, but I knew what they ran back in 2000 when they were released. And then I owned one for almost 2 years. They're a good run for an LT1, but it would take full bolt-ons and pretty aggressive gears to even legitimately think about running a well driven LS1.
Old 10-11-2010 | 02:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

only good s2000 ive seen had an ls1 in it
Old 10-11-2010 | 06:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Or a 2JZ.
Old 10-11-2010 | 06:24 AM
Teching In

I got a stock 08 mustang I'll run you with. I got beat by a Honda ssss2k too so you should take me easily.
Old 10-11-2010 | 07:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 08nastygt
I got a stock 08 mustang I'll run you with. I got beat by a Honda ssss2k too so you should take me easily.
I'll take you up on that offer with my stock-with-holes-in-muffler GTO. ?
Old 10-11-2010 | 08:15 AM
11 Second Club

stock/ bolt on non engine swap hondas = not fast

people who think they are fast = 15-16 year olds, ricers, people who watched The Fast and the Furious too much

both cars you mentioned look great and probably handle awesome, but still slow
Old 10-11-2010 | 08:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Damn you ran a bolt on S2k and RSX and only won by about 5-7 carlengths in your "stockish" LS1?

Ouch...
Old 10-11-2010 | 09:23 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by itsslow98
You mean like this S2000 I saw at the LSX Shootout....

F1C Procharged LSX.

Originally Posted by 08nastygt
Sweet bro

Old 10-11-2010 | 09:28 AM
12 Second Club

never seen one run before so its kinda hard to know. dont really care, dude stepped up and wanted to run, so i ran him. i guess im not as cool as you guys. oh well... next
You just come off as having that LS1-ego where "my badass V8 can destroy anything". No one ever said you weren't cool, must be a little self-concious to bring it up. Point being we all know about them and know they are slow, which is why we said so. That's not rip on you, just informing you since your post said "i thought they were fast".

If you don't like people picking apart your posts or calling , I suggest you stay away from the SR&K section.
Old 10-11-2010 | 09:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I'll take you up on that offer with my stock-with-holes-in-muffler GTO. ?
Ok, I almost forgot I do have a 70mm tornado. That doesn't really make a big difference though. Still have a slow mustang.
Old 10-11-2010 | 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WSsick
You mean like this S2000 I saw at the LSX Shootout....

F1C Procharged LSX.
I want one!
Old 10-11-2010 | 11:34 AM
TECH Resident

s2000 blow stock and/or n/a.. They come with forged pistons stock, and LOVE boost.. I hope some of you have seen the s2000 from hell.. if not, please go youtube it.
Old 10-11-2010 | 01:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sujomatt
s2000 blow stock and/or n/a.. They come with forged pistons stock, and LOVE boost.. I hope some of you have seen the s2000 from hell.. if not, please go youtube it.
Oh yea...I've seen the vid. They basically have the honda equivalent of an 03-04 cobra bottom end. Love boost and bulletproof. They are awesome platforms if thats what your plan is with it. Pretty good looking cars too. Converts aren't my fav, but the RWD is def a big plus!
Old 10-11-2010 | 01:54 PM
Teching In

I raced a s2k with a supercharger on it when my car was stock and absolutely destroyed it. Apparently it was the fastest one in the city too or so the other 15+ s2k guys said.

I love it when I cruise around and see two people race and blow by both of them after they started. They're like..