Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2005 CTS-V vs. 2011 5.0 w/ VID

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
543whp on 6psi... very impressive. That's about what a cammed LT1 makes on 6psi.
STUPID power.
Where are all these 550whp turbo LT1s running around at?
Old 10-19-2010, 12:27 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
The new 5.0s are going to be stupid boosted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04V_f9hOCCU
Damn that's sick! The sound is
Old 10-19-2010, 12:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Where are all these 550whp turbo LT1s running around at?
The same place the bolt on low 12 second LT1a are at.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
The same place the bolt on low 12 second LT1a are at.
LMAO! Better watch out or the LT1 diehards are gonna label you a LT1 Hater like they did me.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
LOL What does it matter if it is SVT or not? That is just some BS Ford made to help sell the cars. It is still made by FORD.

Originally Posted by snake95
Actually 14, the 97 Vette had it and they were for sale in 96, unless you were just talking model years, and it is still 14 then, too (97-2011 or 96-2010). Also, it doesn't matter if they are SVT or not, if you wanted one, you could buy one, they were not limited production. What's retarded is Ford is raping the new 6.2L Camaro with 5 liters. Chew on that. Not to start a brand war, this statement was directed at wonder boy's statement above.

Originally Posted by 5.4ever
LOl what an idiotic statement. So what, chevy is **** because it took them so long to finally compete with supercars? LOL stop nutswinging.

5.0 is a new engine, we have yet to see its full potential and durability. in the meantime all the **** talking is for the birds...

Look dumb,dumb and dumber!! Its not a nutswinging comment its the truth. Ford started sucking a$$hole after 93 and his been getting pounded by chevy ever sense as far as new cars to new cars goes. Ford mustangs sells were always high so ford didnt have to put powerful motors in their cars to sell them. But from a racers stand point they sucked *** until the 03-04 cobra came out "hints" SVT! Was it a nice piece of work? Hell yes! My KB 03 put down 599whp threw cats on pump gas.

My point was ford finally made a normal mustang that could tangle with a ls1. Not a built 4.6 with a blower and a svt badge. A normal NA run of the mill mustang like they made back in 87-93 when they were pounding gm's.
Its retarded it took them 12-14 years to do so.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I argue that F-body's would hold more of an elite status than SVT due to their absence between 2003-2010. Call them "run of the mill" if you like, but they died off for a reason.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Clean94Z
Look dumb,dumb and dumber!! Its not a nutswinging comment its the truth. Ford started sucking a$$hole after 93 and his been getting pounded by chevy ever sense as far as new cars to new cars goes. Ford mustangs sells were always high so ford didnt have to put powerful motors in their cars to sell them. But from a racers stand point they sucked *** until the 03-04 cobra came out "hints" SVT! Was it a nice piece of work? Hell yes! My KB 03 put down 599whp threw cats on pump gas.

My point was ford finally made a normal mustang that could tangle with a ls1. Not a built 4.6 with a blower and a svt badge. A normal NA run of the mill mustang like they made back in 87-93 when they were pounding gm's.
Amen to that.. and if anyone doesnt agree/believe in that then there just lying to themselves. I love how all the mustang guys all flock to this site instantly as soon as the 5.0 came out. They've always bagged on ls1's for being top dog and they love being the underdog cuz once they do beat us they throw it in our faces. I dont care if mustangs out live, have more power, the same, etc.. cuz everyone knows that when ppl see a mustang.. its just another mustang.. but ppl love to see a nice SS or WS6 driving down the street. There just more badass. Period.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Ws6 Love
Amen to that.. and if anyone doesnt agree/believe in that then there just lying to themselves. I love how all the mustang guys all flock to this site instantly as soon as the 5.0 came out. They've always bagged on ls1's for being top dog and they love being the underdog cuz once they do beat us they throw it in our faces. I dont care if mustangs out live, have more power, the same, etc.. cuz everyone knows that when ppl see a mustang.. its just another mustang.. but ppl love to see a nice SS or WS6 driving down the street. There just more badass. Period.
Someone's obviously a little upset over the popularity of the Mustang. People who know dick **** about cars will be able to tell in a glance whether or not the Stang is a sixxer/GT/Mach/Cobra. Don't try to justify yourself because GM had to kill off the Camaro, only to announce the release of the 2011 SEVERAL YEARS ahead of time to hype it up so the posse of F-bod nutswingers who didn't have a car to worship for those 8 years knew plenty in advance that it was FINALLY coming back.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, mustangs are pretty much bitch cars. Everyone one is the same, and they're all slow. I wish I could drop every one of them off a cliff. Come to think of it, you can do the same with every LT1 too. Both are slow as **** and cannot compare to the LS1. The new 5oh is garbage as well. It's probably more like a 8.0L and Ford is just lying. They can't make power from anything without a blower!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Someone's obviously a little upset over the popularity of the Mustang. People who know dick **** about cars will be able to tell in a glance whether or not the Stang is a sixxer/GT/Mach/Cobra. Don't try to justify yourself because GM had to kill off the Camaro, only to announce the release of the 2011 SEVERAL YEARS ahead of time to hype it up so the posse of F-bod nutswingers who didn't have a car to worship for those 8 years knew plenty in advance that it was FINALLY coming back.
Not at all lol, 80% of the mustang drivers are 16 yr old girls with a conv top. Sure there are machs, cobras out there but in general most ppl will just think its just another mustang cuz there are so many. An SS or WS6 seems to get more head turns and more compliments then a mustang.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

feeding into it.

Originally Posted by WSsick
Yeah, mustangs are pretty much bitch cars. Everyone one is the same, and they're all slow. I wish I could drop every one of them off a cliff. Come to think of it, you can do the same with every LT1 too. Both are slow as **** and cannot compare to the LS1. The new 5oh is garbage as well. It's probably more like a 8.0L and Ford is just lying. They can't make power from anything without a blower!
feeding into it.

feeding into it.

I argue that F-body's would hold more of an elite status than SVT due to their absence between 2003-2010. Call them "run of the mill" if you like, but they died off for a reason.
has already ate it apparently?

lol. Jokes guys, jokes.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not at all lol, 80% of the mustang drivers are 16 yr old girls with a conv top. Sure there are machs, cobras out there but in general most ppl will just think its just another mustang cuz there are so many. An SS or WS6 seems to get more head turns and more compliments then a mustang.
Actually, for the most part you have a point that I agree with here. I have real friends after all You are my friend right? We BOTH have LS1 s ?
Old 10-19-2010, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

I've only lost to 1 mustang ever and it had a blower on it! That's what Ford has to use to beat Chevy, cheating bastards! Every mustang is slowwwwwwwwww!

PONY =
Old 10-19-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WSsick
I've only lost to 1 mustang ever and it had a blower on it! That's what Ford has to use to beat Chevy, cheating bastards! Every mustang is slowwwwwwwwww!

PONY =
Yeah and not only that, they are ugly too! Also, mostly stupid head **** nuggets and douche bag wanna be gutter ***** drive 'em...tooo! That's why Mustangs suck, I think.

Last edited by oddwraith; 10-19-2010 at 03:44 PM. Reason: This shit tis all sarcasm btw :P
Old 10-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Actually, for the most part you have a point that I agree with here. I have real friends after all You are my friend right? We BOTH have LS1 s ?
huh? lol Ur confusing.. u jokey joker I just hate when mustang ppl come on here, linger around and then talk crap when something comes up. Cuz when they do that it makes us LSX guys have to defend ourselves which causes a huge arguement. I wouldnt have a problem with them being on here if they were a lil more friendly. I dont go on their sites and talk crap.

Last edited by Ws6 Love; 10-19-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I agree with some of the subjective element, but as far as the statement itelf I'm not so sure lol. I mean a WS6 gets heads turning, no doubt. But some Mustangs do as well. I know your point was that not ALL Mustangs get looks, and I agree with that. There are too many of them to stand out unless they are GT500, GT350, or ? That's all I meant.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah thats what i meant too
Old 10-19-2010, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Like I've been saying its about time Ford made the GT fast..... I think the front looks pretty sick but the rears are But like mentioned Ford lovers are giving this car WAY TO MUCH HYPE! Hell I think the 5.0 is even more over hyped then when the 2010 Camaro SS was announced..... haha

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
yea because every single 5.0 traps 114mph stock or tuned

Im actually tired of hearing about them, yes they are quick in stock form but there is nothing that they have done that any other F-Body, C5 Z06 or GTO hasn't done in the past.
EXACTLY.... Congrats Ford you finally made your GT fast! Now move on Ford lovers & stop over hyping the 5.0.

Whats impressive is that ford finally made a normal mustang not svt that could be competitive with other cars in its class. Whats retarded is they did it 12 years after the ls1 was made.
Read my sig!

Yea I loved when they all flocked over to GM sites once they showed the 5.0 beating the 5th gen Camaro. YAY! Good job you beat a car that weighs like 500-600 lbs more? Its like what I've been saying if the 5th gen Camaro weighed around 3500 lbs it would destroy the 2011 GT.

Last edited by DoggyB22; 10-19-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:17 PM
12 Second Club

huh? lol Ur confusing.. u jokey joker I just hate when mustang ppl come on here, linger around and then talk crap when something comes up. Cuz when they do that it makes us LSX guys have to defend ourselves which causes a huge arguement. I wouldnt have a problem with them being on here if they were a lil more friendly. I dont go on their sites and talk crap.
Name 2 that talk crap. I struggle to name 1. I hope by "talk crap" you mean them being a voice of reason that doesn't see the world through LSx-biased glasses because that's really what they do. You don't have to defend anything unless it is pure bullshit someone is saying. When that happens, run your car not your mouth.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

this video is EXTACTLY why I want a CTS-V. Its quick enough bolted to keep up with a brand new musclecar/sports car. whil ebeing more comfortable and not a BS freaking ford..

FORD = Flip Over Read Directions