Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2005 CTS-V vs. 2011 5.0 w/ VID

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 02:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Not really, No. Having driven a new SS, rented for a week a V6 Camaro, rented a new 5.0 auto, driven another 5.0 auto (no ringer in other words), driven a Hemi Challenger, rented a Charger, Challenger, and 300 (V6 turds) I can say this: The Camaro is the hands down handling winner. Even the V6 Camaro would give a 5.0 a run for it's money on a tight course- bone stock auto verse bone stock auto.

Upgrade the ?purposefully? crappy 5.0 suspension and some springs/shocks on the Camaro and IMO the roles would change- but stock for stock the Camaro turns in, plants, and powers out of corners better.

For you new guys, might want to read this thread me and NiteriderWS6 did awhile ago:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...1-5-0-gts.html

A member on here happened to even put it into a newspaper, though I wish he woulda edited first:
http://www.examiner.com/autos-in-san...e-and-overview
Good info man never saw those...

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Agreed. I find it hilarious. I'm only 20 and could afford a brand new Mustang GT with cash, I'm just choosing to save it and drive my DD into the ground so when I'm out of college I can defer having to buy a new car for a couple years.

Until then, people who do not own the car, let alone the ones who talk **** who have probably never driven/ridden in one for more than 5 minutes are just ignorant to make all their claims about it. Not going to lie, I do love the competition though. Its just going to make each company give us, the consumers, a better product
Dam.... 20 years old & you can buy a $35,000 car with cash???? May I ask what kind of "legal" job you have to make that much money?
Old 10-20-2010, 03:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Um, personal experience. GM cars for example, while usually looking nice and performing well, are rattle-traps that make you say WTF was that noise when you go over bumps and railroad tracks. My parents have always owned GM everything and my mom's 06 Equinox hasn't exactly stood the test of time (6 years) side trim falling off, cruise going out, randomly locks the door over and over for about a minute. Dad's z28, rattly as a ************. Those are just current examples, not the entire history of GM vehicle problems we've had, but oh well, dad is a diehard GM guy. Not saying I would never own a GM, I love TA's and Firebirds, but if I want a quiet, comfortable ride with a quality interior/exterior, and I want to buy American, it will be Ford without a doubt.
Very true... but WS6's and SS's have nice interior/exteriors. Plus, with a lil mods the car wont be rattly like a ************.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The new GT loaded hands down kicks the 2010 SS interiors *** by a huge margin. Definetly the best interior I have ever seen in a ford. The new Sync is f***ing insane, built in shift light in the gauge cluster, nice stitched leather, arm lays perfectly on the console to the shifter which is extremely confortable.

Having driven the 5.0 and not driven the new SS(dealer only had autos when i went), i cant compare the two but i will say the 5.0 is a great car all around and im definetly a chevy fan so it must have impressed me some. Still not sold on the 36k dollar price tag for a GT though lol.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WSsick
Yeah, mustangs are pretty much bitch cars. Everyone one is the same, and they're all slow. I wish I could drop every one of them off a cliff. Come to think of it, you can do the same with every LT1 too. Both are slow as **** and cannot compare to the LS1. The new 5oh is garbage as well. It's probably more like a 8.0L and Ford is just lying. They can't make power from anything without a blower!
Most retarded post I've seen on this forum so far. Good job.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
The new GT loaded hands down kicks the 2010 SS interiors *** by a huge margin. Definetly the best interior I have ever seen in a ford. The new Sync is f***ing insane, built in shift light in the gauge cluster, nice stitched leather, arm lays perfectly on the console to the shifter which is extremely confortable.

Having driven the 5.0 and not driven the new SS(dealer only had autos when i went), i cant compare the two but i will say the 5.0 is a great car all around and im definetly a chevy fan so it must have impressed me some. Still not sold on the 36k dollar price tag for a GT though lol.
Friend of mine has a 2010 SS. He test drove a 2011 GT and he hated it. He complained about the ride and handling. Go figure.

But I won't believe him until I test drive one myself.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AmirGTR
Friend of mine has a 2010 SS. He test drove a 2011 GT and he hated it. He complained about the ride and handling. Go figure.

But I won't believe him until I test drive one myself.
That doesn't sound like WSsick to me and I think he was being sarcastic

I'm sure both the 10ss and the 11gt handle/perform/ride better than what I've got. I know I wouldn't be complaining about either one's ride OR handling, especially considering they are both pony cars! To each their own I guess.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

LOL WSsick is the voice of reason on here, he was most certainly being sarcastic.

and to the guy with the Subaru (too lazy to go back a page and read your screen name) I can think of about 98087 different cute little acronyms about GM or Chevy or Pontiac or Subaru, but I do agree with your point about Ford not bringing their best to the US. Those Australian bastards ...
Old 10-20-2010, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Oh! I was actually making fun of the situation but that's okay.

I'd love a roll race against a tuned 5.0.
hook up with you SRT buddy's in the nashville area and get me a race with them. im tuned and weak. SRT's with your mods. a surrogate race.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
So just because its tuned it automatically means it runs 114+ mph traps? Ill take my nice 12 second car over your 11 second rattle box any day of the week...continue on
mine's not a rattle box. its quiet and refined. and has more power to weight than you.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
Dam.... 20 years old & you can buy a $35,000 car with cash???? May I ask what kind of "legal" job you have to make that much money?
I could tell you, but I'd have to KILL YOU

And WSSick was being sarcastic lol
Old 10-20-2010, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Being mommy and daddys lil bitch? or is that just how all the other 20 year olds do it?
Old 10-20-2010, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oddwraith
That doesn't sound like WSsick to me and I think he was being sarcastic
Originally Posted by snake95
LOL WSsick is the voice of reason on here, he was most certainly being sarcastic.
And WSSick was being sarcastic lol
People can detect my blatant sarcasm?! How?

Thanks guys, he just doesn't like me since he thinks I rag on LTslow's.

Originally Posted by AmirGTR
You're slower than I thought. Impressive.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

I could tell you, but I'd have to KILL YOU
But seriously, do tell.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LegacyGTBiggie
Being mommy and daddys lil bitch? or is that just how all the other 20 year olds do it?

Just going off of the maturity level of your posts, I'm going to guess that you're 15. Don't be jealous that he knows how to make (lots) money and you don't.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

Im 30. Make plenty of money. And still see 10000 kids in my area they play on mommy and daddys dime and then talk **** about what they have. Sorry if i feel that these kids need to get out and earn a little something time to time.

If this ONE kid actually does make the money. Then good for him. I dont know him or his situation but I would guess mommy and daddy either paid for it or helped him pay for it.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WSsick
But seriously, do tell.
Well, when I was 10 and started mowing, my dad told me he would save $1 for every $1 I saved (banker, so wanted to teach me good saving habits), so as a kid, I saved virtually everything until I got my first job.

Got a job when I was 14 and worked the most hours I legally could in a week (starting pay was $5.25 when I was 14 WOOT) while going to high school until I was 16 (ended with $8.50 pay)

Then at 16 got a job at a restaurant working 25 hours a week generally making $20/hr for 2 years

Then at 18 started working a bit less to enjoy my senior year of high school (dropped it to about 15 hours a week at $20/hr) until I went to college and didn't work at all my first year starting August 2009

Then worked 55 hour weeks this past summer out of my first year of college at an internship making $14/hr.

All while investing my money in stocks making 10% even in the recession and spending a good amount of money on booze, bought my Trans Am, stereo for my DD, dates, typical 16-20 year old spending ****

I did resort to prostitution a bit also...

But back to the main point, if it did come down to a purchase today, I'd buy a 2011 GT in a heartbeat!
Old 10-21-2010, 03:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, when I was 10 and started mowing, my dad told me he would save $1 for every $1 I saved (banker, so wanted to teach me good saving habits), so as a kid, I saved virtually everything until I got my first job.

Got a job when I was 14 and worked the most hours I legally could in a week (starting pay was $5.25 when I was 14 WOOT) while going to high school until I was 16 (ended with $8.50 pay)

Then at 16 got a job at a restaurant working 25 hours a week generally making $20/hr for 2 years

Then at 18 started working a bit less to enjoy my senior year of high school (dropped it to about 15 hours a week at $20/hr) until I went to college and didn't work at all my first year starting August 2009

Then worked 55 hour weeks this past summer out of my first year of college at an internship making $14/hr.

All while investing my money in stocks making 10% even in the recession and spending a good amount of money on booze, bought my Trans Am, stereo for my DD, dates, typical 16-20 year old spending ****

I did resort to prostitution a bit also...

But back to the main point, if it did come down to a purchase today, I'd buy a 2011 GT in a heartbeat!
For sure... So with all that you got $35k cash lying around? Haha But how did that prostitution go? I've been thinking about doing that also. Craigslist but yea I've been working for the YMCA for 5 years now & could have a **** load of money but made a couple of retarded mistakes with the law... wasted thousands of my money. But if I had $35k I def would buy a C5 or C6 Corvette or invest in something... What stocks did you invest in?
Old 10-21-2010, 05:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
For sure... So with all that you got $35k cash lying around? Haha But how did that prostitution go? I've been thinking about doing that also. Craigslist but yea I've been working for the YMCA for 5 years now & could have a **** load of money but made a couple of retarded mistakes with the law... wasted thousands of my money. But if I had $35k I def would buy a C5 or C6 Corvette or invest in something... What stocks did you invest in?
i think he bought some noonefuckingcares.com shares. we go from street racing to damn financial investments and how long each otehrs c**ks are because they have more money.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:54 AM
Teching In

lol if only I had more money

Guess I should have invested in noonefuckingcares.com
Old 10-21-2010, 08:51 AM
On The Tree

If we only had all invested... we would all have 2011 CTS-Vs.

And marc if all that isnt BS... I applaude you for being the first KID to do it right. Now I also wish I could have made 20 a hour in HS. But either way if you actually did it yourself.... Congrats. Please try and teach some of the others your age what thats worth. So the kids driving around 700 S4s and boosted hondas with nothing more than one PT job can understand.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LegacyGTBiggie
If we only had all invested... we would all have 2011 CTS-Vs.

And marc if all that isnt BS... I applaude you for being the first KID to do it right. Now I also wish I could have made 20 a hour in HS. But either way if you actually did it yourself.... Congrats. Please try and teach some of the others your age what thats worth. So the kids driving around 700 S4s and boosted hondas with nothing more than one PT job can understand.
No lies here. My friends who get all the **** from their rich parents give me **** about investing

And agreed, a 2011 CTS-V would be teh sex... too bad I'd prefer a down payment on a house first... Lol would be pretty retarded for a college grad to be rolling around in a $65k+ car