Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My lt1 vs. SRT10 RAM

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Didn't mean to stir ****, I just hate all the SRT10/duramax/silverado owners around Oklahoma. They think they are the fast and furious and have built stroked 427s with giggle gas and quad turbos when all they have is a giant spoiler that's useless and 0-60 in 6 seconds.
all that to beat a car nah no worries man and my friend with the srt10 had an lt1 t/a so he knows whats up down here in texas though we do have fast trucks no lie
Old 10-26-2010, 07:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And there's stock LS3s running 700rwhp +

What's your point? Mod for mod a highly modded car will beat on a highly modded truck. Weight reduction doesn't count. If you have a truck that weighs 1,500lbs, with nascar suspensions it's not really a "truck" anymore.
If anything, trucks can do something my cars can't do. Gotta haul the fat chicks somehow.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro_ZL2
all that to beat a car nah no worries man and my friend with the srt10 had an lt1 t/a so he knows whats up down here in texas though we do have fast trucks no lie
Oh I know there are fast trucks. I had a guy blow past me and let his BOV sound off in his silverado, but the majority are just stock trucks or some with exhaust who think it's their god forsaken duty to try to take on every car that looks fast.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by willizm
If anything, trucks can do something my cars can't do. Gotta haul the fat chicks somehow.

Hahahaha, touche sir, touche. Still amazes me at the percentage of people, here in Norman at least, that actually buy a truck and use it for what it's worth. Probably 1 in every 20 I see is used for it's actual purpose: tow/haul ****. The rest are just jacked up 50ft with 85inch rims and driving around downtown.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh **** some ricer talk "if my car had x and x it would beat you." Yeah well if I had a turbo I'd beat you.

For a stock car, yes I am pretty fast. Can your truck even do 150+?

Thought so.

Leave your ricer mentality at home truck boy.
And there's stock LS3s running 700rwhp +

What's your point? Mod for mod a highly modded car will beat on a highly modded truck. Weight reduction doesn't count. If you have a truck that weighs 1,500lbs, with nascar suspensions it's not really a "truck" anymore.
Ricer mentality? Fact: My truck is already faster than your car. Fact: My car is already faster than your car. Your car is slow. My truck is already at 500rwhp and is much faster than your car from a dig. My car is already at over 650rwhp on a stock engine. Can your car do 190? Thought so. Leave your slow car at home.

Oh.. and if you had a turbo your car would still be slower than mine.

Last edited by mulalleybs; 10-27-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

hey if you all are from texas you should come to the laredo car meet there will be alot of people
Old 10-27-2010, 01:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol @ trying to make fast factory trucks, it's like trying to make fat people go on a diet.

Doesn't work.
The same can be said for 5th gens.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
The same can be said for 5th gens.
Oh man I didn't even notice that one. Well said.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

The late 06 and up Dmax( Late 07s had the LMM which needs all the new polution stuff **** canned) can run high 12s with bolt ons(any pos tuner,down pipe,turbo back) even a heavy 4 door and a stock trans with a Transgo and a converter and still tow. Thats a pretty good dual purpose machine. Add a Banks intake with scoupe,Banks intercooler,EFI live,PPE fuel fittings and a small huffer and mid to low 12s can be had. They are no joke in the right hands.
Even the 6.4 Powerstroke can run 12s with bolt ons and not touching the trans. Just a lot of rednecks think anything diesel with a tuner and exhaust is a 12 second truck
Old 10-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
The late 06 and up Dmax( Late 07s had the LMM which needs all the new polution stuff **** canned) can run high 12s with bolt ons(any pos tuner,down pipe,turbo back) even a heavy 4 door and a stock trans with a Transgo and a converter and still tow. Thats a pretty good dual purpose machine. Add a Banks intake with scoupe,Banks intercooler,EFI live,PPE fuel fittings and a small huffer and mid to low 12s can be had. They are no joke in the right hands.
Even the 6.4 Powerstroke can run 12s with bolt ons and not touching the trans. Just a lot of rednecks think anything diesel with a tuner and exhaust is a 12 second truck
Efi live is the only way to go.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
Ricer mentality? Fact: My truck is already faster than your car. Fact: My car is already faster than your car. Your car is slow. My truck is already at 500rwhp and is much faster than your car from a dig. My car is already at over 650rwhp on a stock engine. Can your car do 190? Thought so. Leave your slow car at home.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

Oh no. My life is ruined. I have a slow car.

I will now go cry and wish I could be as fast as you.

If you had any reading comprehension and would put your butt hurt feelings aside, chances are you'd understand what I was trying to get at. But I now give up trying to explain even the most basic concepts to you seeing how your response will be: MY MODDED TRUCK IS FASTER THAN YOUR CAR OWNED THAT CLEARLY MEANS THAT ALL TRUCKS ARE FAST AND CAN BEAT YOU.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

Didn't know 0-80 was considered "fast."

Thanks for clearing that up.

And the reason there is so much truck hate is because everyone and their mother that thinks they own a fast truck thinks they're a nascar and tries to race you in 20mph zones. In OK trucks truly are the ricers of the street. Ricers usually stay away but trucks, jesus, everyone with a truck wants to race for some reason and they can't understand why they always lose.
see the vid below.. i'll play Doc Holiday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfbAFgD2mLo
Old 10-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Oh no. My life is ruined. I have a slow car.

I will now go cry and wish I could be as fast as you.

If you had any reading comprehension and would put your butt hurt feelings aside, chances are you'd understand what I was trying to get at. But I now give up trying to explain even the most basic concepts to you seeing how your response will be: MY MODDED TRUCK IS FASTER THAN YOUR CAR OWNED THAT CLEARLY MEANS THAT ALL TRUCKS ARE FAST AND CAN BEAT YOU.
You have no real point. You were talking **** about how slow trucks are when clearly there are thousands of lightly modded trucks that are faster than your "fast" car. Then you made yourself sound even more like an *** "I can add a turbo to be faster than you." Well, no you can't because your car would still be slow. Good day.

Matter of fact I know a guy that lives near me with a 1300hp cummins.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

You have no real point. You were talking **** about how slow trucks are when clearly there are thousands of lightly modded trucks that are faster than your "fast" car. Then you made yourself sound even more like an *** "I can add a turbo to be faster than you." Well, no you can't because your car would still be slow. Good day.

Matter of fact I know a guy that lives near me with a 1300hp cummins.
Because majority of trucks ARE slow. Just because you have a 500rwhp truck and bob has a 1300hp cummins doesn't mean that everyone and their mother does. The fact that trucks ALWAYS look to race like little ricers is what broods my hatred of truck. And a turbo camaro would smoke you. 625rwhp on 5psi single turbo, or TT with 700+rwhp. C'mon now. Don't be IGNANT.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Teching In

I will agree that guys who drive trucks are generally ******* retarded and try to race everything, especially in town. Sooo annoying.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:20 AM
Teching In

Double post ftw.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:20 AM
Teching In

Because majority of trucks ARE slow. Just because you have a 500rwhp truck and bob has a 1300hp cummins doesn't mean that everyone and their mother does. The fact that trucks ALWAYS look to race like little ricers is what broods my hatred of truck. And a turbo camaro would smoke you. 625rwhp on 5psi single turbo, or TT with 700+rwhp. C'mon now. Don't be IGNANT.
Maybe you missed the post where my z06 is already over 650rwhp my car weighs just over 3000 lbs so a car with maybe 50 hp than me that weights 800 lbs more is going to smoke me?

I prefer racing in my truck because the only thing that will race my car usually is a bike, which is fun to kill, but racing a bike isn't very common either. Whereas everyone tries to race my truck and it does get beat every now and then which doesn't really hurt my feelings at all.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:27 AM
Staging Lane

Maybe you missed the post where my z06 is already over 650rwhp my car weighs just over 3000 lbs so a car with maybe 50 hp than me that weights 800 lbs more is going to smoke me?

I prefer racing in my truck because the only thing that will race my car usually is a bike, which is fun to kill, but racing a bike isn't very common either. Whereas everyone tries to race my truck and it does get beat every now and then which doesn't really hurt my feelings at all.
When the **** did we start talking about your Z06? This is a car vs truck argument, not a car vs supercar argument.

Truck drivers are generally ******* retarded. Stereotypes are there for a reason. You may not be, but 95% of them are in their stock trucks trying to race you in school zones. Sorry, but it's true, as you can see various other people have said the exact same thing. I'm sorry if I came out as offensive towards you, by no means was I trying to be. Just most truck drivers **** me off. That is all.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:33 AM
Teching In

When the **** did we start talking about your Z06? This is a car vs truck argument, not a car vs supercar argument.

Truck drivers are generally ******* retarded. Stereotypes are there for a reason. You may not be, but 95% of them are in their stock trucks trying to race you in school zones. Sorry, but it's true, as you can see various other people have said the exact same thing. I'm sorry if I came out as offensive towards you, by no means was I trying to be. Just most truck drivers **** me off. That is all.
Gotcha gotcha, I thought you meant in general about the TT car, yeah a car with 600 hp would stomp my truck lol. Yeah, I don't really have that problem around here I guess.

Quick Reply: My lt1 vs. SRT10 RAM