Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WSsick vs. snake95 ***videos***

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 02:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Brads car after your run in the first vid?
Old 10-29-2010, 02:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice runs both of you!!
Old 10-29-2010, 02:46 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow I didn't think this thread was real because of all the b.s. that usually flies around here. Great job of settling things with cars, not keyboards or magazines, at the track like men...
Old 10-29-2010, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good job boys.

Now it's time for more MODS...stat!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
Good job boys.

I already posted my future mods, I think Sean is going to keep his the way it is. I need a damn cam that lets me have a trap speed worth a ****!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by snake95
Your guess is as good as mine. The cam is advanced 3 degrees and on my dyno graph it runs out of breath at 5100...from 3800-4900 though my torque curve is flat at 327...my cam is killing me.
Yep, just like I though. You should make tons more power than I did but we trap about the same. I figured it was the cam holding you back. Do what Wsick says and throw a big ole lumpy lump in there. What's the compression on your combo and are the 165's as cast with just port matching for the intake?
Old 10-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by itsslow98
loooks like fun but damn, 308, AFRs, cam and gears and 105mph trap speeds???????
Did you see his mods? You can put 302cid parts on a 408 stroker and only get 302 power.

Your guess is as good as mine. The cam is advanced 3 degrees and on my dyno graph it runs out of breath at 5100...from 3800-4900 though my torque curve is flat at 327...my cam is killing me.
Its not just your cam. I've told you this before.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow2valve
I guess any idiot can purchase a gt500, I'm saddened to know that someone can actually be that terrible of a driver.
Never got to see the driver, but it was pathetic. Money does not = ability.

Originally Posted by hugger1975
nominated for post of the month.

thats how you do it people

see, we can all get along
We try.

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Yessir, he was trying out the bottle that night trying to break 9s. I'll dig the videos up, but I think his best was 10.2 or 10.3 @ 132.

Originally Posted by myk
Wow I didn't think this thread was real because of all the b.s. that usually flies around here. Great job of settling things with cars, not keyboards or magazines, at the track like men...
We were actually talking about it while we were at the track, deciding if it was going to be a **** storm or not.

Originally Posted by unit213
Good job boys.

I think I might get a bottle next year. I'd love to do H/C, but end of next year the woman's finger will be getting the rock/fiance mod, so I gotta start saving up for that & the inevitible house purchase. By that time I'll be out of college and hopefully be doing the Corvette mod But like I said, it may see a bottle next year just to hit 11s, I hope my tax return is good!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:40 AM
11 Second Club

See on the net we are all a bunch of Billy Badasses but face to face we are all the same. Nice runs. That track looks pretty nice.

-Mark
Old 10-29-2010, 09:09 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
See on the net we are all a bunch of Billy Badasses but face to face we are all the same. Nice runs. That track looks pretty nice.

-Mark
We have been talking about trying to get some friendly runs in for a while, and the track was the perfect setting for it. The tree evens out my car's extra power, since I apparently have the the reaction times of a sloth.

Gateway was the site of the LSX shootout, and we get an NHRA event every year (plus the NW Series on the circle track), but due to a massive debt, it will be shutting down. They've been on borrowed time the past few years. I'll find the post about it from a track insider. It's a very nice facility, sad to see it go. I'm sure it will be back up in years to come, just a matter of time though.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Brad's best run of the night, 10.2x @ 132.

Just so everyone knows, this car LOOKS absolutely bone stock, down to the snowflake wheels, back seats still in, and the stock exhaust tips (no cutout). However, it runs 10.5's on motor. Ultimate sleeper! Actually, that's his LS1 Ram Runs 14.0's.

This was on a 75 shot though, trying to break into the 9s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCQ7SgaN6xE
Old 10-29-2010, 09:16 AM
12 Second Club

Info about Gateway:

I’m only responding to this thread because the article in Drag Racing Online is so incredibly wrong. I’m only going to type this once and I’m not going to respond with any more information. The reason for the lack of interest in a sale of Gateway International Raceway is no secret. There are several people on this board who know the details, (‘Goose being one with whom I’ve shared the basics), and, for the life of me, I have no idea why you people think this is such a conspiracy.

The reason nobody is interested in GIR has nothing to do with the economy, the management, the oval track or the dragstrip. In fact, the dragstrip is, (currently), one of the most successful in the country. Tuesday nights are doing great, Fridays (MM) are through the roof, and, despite the fact bracket racing has been in a horrible slump for a decade, even the Saturday bracket series holds its own quite well. Even the Outlaw All Stars program has shown notable growth. The majority of GIR’s major events are rentals so those races are fine, too. The NHRA National Event does very well for both GIR and the NHRA. However, it wouldn’t matter if the track was ten times more successful. It simply can’t possibly make money.

Chris Pook built the new Gateway in 1996 with $21.5 million in Illinois state bonds. Those bonds were deferred for ten years. Those bonds came due in 2006. For the past four years, GIR has been operating with an annual tax debt of $1.8 million. End of story.

Nothing…not even a NASCAR Cup date…could ever pull the track out from under that load. When it became obvious the track was never going to get a Cup race, Pook (wisely) got out. He knew an NHRA race, a NASCAR truck race, a Nationwide race or even his own CART events wouldn’t do it, either. As it stands, (with no major events at the oval), a new owner would need the equivalent of five good NHRA National Events in one season just to start at ZERO.

NOW start figuring out who’d say “Yes!” to such a deal. Can’t think of ANYBODY? Gee. I guess that explains why nobody’s in line to buy it.

If the tax nightmare could ever be figured out, THEN a prospective buyer could start looking into a way to deal with the three land owners and all the rest of the headaches involved in acquiring Gateway International Raceway.

I don’t care what anybody has heard, said, thought or read. These are the facts. If you don’t believe it, call Dover and ask.

There will always be hilarious rumors out there and, personally, I hope they keep coming just for the entertainment value. However, all the idiots who insist the track is closing because they wait in line for a run at Midnight Madness or the NHRA event was pulled because of racer complaints, (my favorite so far), need to get a clue about the business world.

None of this was ever a secret. All you had to do was ask. Get a grip, people.

I’m not posting this anywhere else. If you find somebody who’s spewing inaccuracies, feel free to cut-n-paste this whole response. The funny part is they’ll still believe the whole place went under because it wasn’t an “outlaw track”.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

awesome runs guys!
Old 10-29-2010, 10:17 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
Info about Gateway:
That sucks *****. Terrible to see a track get closed. But 21M is a lot of coin. lets hope it can re-open their gates some day.

-Mark
Old 10-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Teching In

It looks like it won't happen. Since GIR is closing Mid America Raceway is building a new facility on the MO side of the river. So even if Gateway did reopen it would have competition with a brand new track.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good runs for sure. I was disappointed in my car, my cam is advanced a few degrees for more end and I think it showed, not making excuses though as I think you would have walked me on the top end regardless, I still can't figure out why my car didn't MPH worth a ****, my car just plain ran out of breath. I was experimenting with shift points, too, and on that last run it cost me my 12 slip (I think). Before people tell me to learn how to drive, I know how to drive. Oh well, it was a hell of a lot of fun! Your car definitely moves out compared to my little Rustang It was great finally meeting Sean, real stand up guy and it was fun bullshitting with him all night.
Your cam and intake is what is really holding your car back and the reason for the low trap, get a good custom grind cam or anderson cam and a good intake and you should be easy mid-low 12's. Good runs man and looks like ya guys had fun! At least you can still race lol
Old 10-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Teching In

I clearly stated my car is a 12 second car
If you'd read, I never said "I ran a 12.xx" I said I have a 12 second car. Meaning that my car is capable of running in the 12s. Ricer math would be me saying I knew a guy with my same setup that ran 12s. I beat a 12.80s car (can post the time slip if needed) from a roll, have driven both cars, and from 0-60 my car eats said car alive. In other words = I know my car can do 12s, if someone wants to bet otherwise, tell me the $$$ amount of the bet and lay your cash down, and pay up when I send you the video on your cell phone.

I really think you are not all there...only one oar in the water sorta deal. How is my comparison ricer math? FACT: I beat a 12 second car from a roll. FACT: my car has way more low end than the car I beat, so you put 2 and 2 together. Your car with bolt ons is a 13 second car, I wouldn't even waste my gas. Never mind, your car now has a trap speed of zero right now, doesn't it?
Nice 13.2 @ 105!

Last edited by Ju1ce; 10-29-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:06 PM
11 Second Club

In his defense 105mph is enough for a 12 sec pass. Just got to get a sub 2.0 60' and it'll do it. I've seen cars run 12.7's with that mph.

Ninja Edit: just saw his 60'. haha. Well I think he'd do it w/ a 1.6 60'.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:06 PM
12 Second Club

Wow Ju1ce, that's a lot of work just for 1 douchebag post. You've outdone yourself this time! Now if only it would have been funnier
Old 10-29-2010, 12:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
In his defense 105mph is enough for a 12 sec pass. Just got to get a sub 2.0 60' and it'll do it. I've seen cars run 12.7's with that mph.
Thank you Mr. Voiceofreason, though you are fighting a lost cause.