Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo civic bit off more than he could chew...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good kill
Old 10-31-2010, 11:15 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for all the good comments guys. I dont drive the car too often so this was a fun day for me.
My race went like the one that Camaro 94 posted except I stayed in it just for the hell of it and he probalby layed off of it when he saw he was getting spanked which is prolly why I was about 6 cars ahead.

Oh yeah, I have no new dyno #'s or track times. My timing cover leaks a little and I dont want to go to the track and be the cause of someone wrecking their car cause of my leak.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to get the timing cover leak fixed so we can get Frankenstein out to the track. you think it sounds mean on the video you should here it in person.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:14 AM

Very interesting setup, nice kill! I'd be very curious to see how it does on the track and dyno once you get it fixed up.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice kill...some reason the civics think they are monster's with a turbo, depends on the "size" of the turbo...TSI on here would prolly give you a good run...can't beat that awd plus turbo...heh heh..

Chris I do believe that your T/A no longer looks like your avatar pic! lol
Old 11-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camaro_94
It sounds like he's got a healthy running car. Definately believeable.

I have a idiot "friend" that has a turbo "teggy" (as he calls it) with a ebay turbo kit and he thinks its gods gift to racing and something the domestic car owners as a whole should be afraid of. I think he's making like 230fwhp and it seems like something new is breaking daily. I think he's running low 14's.
I've thought about throwing a basic kit on my Civic. Nothing too extreme since it's my DD, but 200-225whp would make it a lot more fun to drive around in.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:55 PM
12 Second Club

Timing cover will get fixed when I get a new bottom end. :-) Hopefully that will be happening soon.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:55 AM
Teching In

Red face

Originally Posted by Greenfire
Nice kill...some reason the civics think they are monster's with a turbo, depends on the "size" of the turbo...TSI on here would prolly give you a good run...can't beat that awd plus turbo...heh heh..
Old 11-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, that is one mean sounding vehicle you got there. That thing sounds bada$$! To bad you did not have another vid of you opening it up. I would have liked to hear and see that thing go.
Nice, clean car, man
Old 11-06-2010, 01:15 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Dude, that is one mean sounding vehicle you got there. That thing sounds bada$$! To bad you did not have another vid of you opening it up. I would have liked to hear and see that thing go.
Nice, clean car, man
Thanks for the compliments sir. I wish we woulve gotten it on vid. right before this happened. literally, about 5 mins. before, we were talking about recording a quick acceleration vid. But then when this guy came around we completely forgot to record it oh well maybe next time I guess