Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 kills sunday afternoon: Evo and Mach1

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 kills sunday afternoon: Evo and Mach1

Well since the cowgirls dont play till tonight, and my vikings played at night(and got beat by brett), I decided to pick up my buddy and head on a 100 mile journey to Cabela's to get ready for duck season. Picked him up and headed out.

Not 2 miles from his house, I spot an Evo. Its red, (was it you Thuper Duper?!?! haha) and he follows me. We turn onto the Tollway, and he is a white sunglasses wearing douche bag with his gf in the car. He's grinning ear to ear as he flies by me a couple of times to toot his blow off valve. Car sounds amazing, as the turbo is nice and loud, but stock exhaust it seemed. Cant tell cuz my car is so loud. I get onto the Tollway and slow down and let some other cars pass. We pass each other at 60, me in third. I Love this pull. no honks he just took off, couldn't hear honks ne ways. As soon as he hit it, i pinned the throttle all the way down, took it to 6800 rpms and shifted to 4th. Ran 4th out to 120 and he was about 2 buses back. I think he gave up once i hit 100, but **** it, ill make him look even worse in front of his gf. He was proly stock, but his turbo was pretty loud. First evo ever and it was an embarrassment for him.

2nd race: Another 20 miles go buy and I see a nice looking 03/04 mustang pull out behind me. He ends up going the same way as me. We hit a light and its a middle aged guy. Car looked sick as hell. Had the plastic covers on the rear window. and get this, THE GUY HAD A MOTOR SWAP!!! On the shaker hood, it said "Cobra Jet" in italic letters or whatever. MUSTA been a 428 swap lol. Any ways, I had no clue he would race. Light goes green, and I'm just taking it easy through the light. I'm barely off the clutch just idling it from a stop and all i hear is his 4 valve fury. I decide i better punch it. I'm at like 1400 rpms and of course when i punch it it bogs for like a full second cuz I'm obv not an auto he gets his half car on me cuz of the jump and my bog, but once my tq kicks in, i get the lead and start spinning once my power comes on. Hold the lead nail second, still spinning. Once I hit second had to stop due to a van up ahead. had a half car on him. embarrassing I know, but I wasn't expecting a race, and traction on the road sucked. It was about to get bad tho, I could just tell by how quickly I grabbed the lead back once i had any amount of power.

After that I continued on and broke the bank at Cabelas. No races on the way home tho Its funny how last week I was bitching that I have hardly gotten any races with my Cam. Well this weekend was a fun one! Thanks for the read.

Last edited by 02ws666; 10-25-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

Haha.... good kills.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good kills OP.

Originally Posted by Gaunt
Indeed.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh gosh. why would there even been any need for popcorn on this thread?!!?
Old 10-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02ws666
oh gosh. why would there even been any need for popcorn on this thread?!!?
Because there's no way that was a Mach1. It was just some old man who thinks he's a ricer putting badges that don't belong on his v6 mustang because OBVIOUSLY a Mach1 NEVER loses to anything.

Just kidding
Old 10-25-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kill on the evo! And it made me LOL when you talked about the "White sunglasses wearing douche". Don't you love those guys who wear white sunglasses with their white car, white t-shirt, white shoes and white backwards hat? Those guys are freaking awesome! Oh and don't forget the signature "wearing the sunglasses backwards on your head when they take them off.

Can you tell I know a few d-bags that wear white sunglasses?

And I don't know about that mustang with the stickers?
Old 10-25-2010, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha i kinda figured that since i said mach1 i shoulda lost lol.. and it wasnt a sticker on the shaker, it was a emblem

like this!

but yes i hate white sunglass wearing ppl. idk why, i just do. i consider them all tools lol
Old 10-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Good kills. Not sure what the deal is with the Cobra JET emblems on the newer Mach 1's. I've seen it more than once and can't figure out wtf they are thinking. I wish I could run into Holister boys in their Evos. Now THOSE are fun kills!!! Every time I run into an Import owner on the road they won't try the Mustangs.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

let me go ahead and say it. the mach1 sounded ******* amazing when he let the motor engine break at the next light!
Old 10-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Teching In

I think the Mach 1 with Cobra Jet emblems had to do with the real (original) Mach 1 Cobra Jets. Pointless and kinda silly but whatever floats their boat I suppose.

Good kills OP! I've actually never had the privilege of running an Evo. Or a kid wearing white sunglasses with his girl. I look forward to both though.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Teching In

I call LS1's cant beat Mach 1's no way now how.....

Old 10-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Good kills. Not sure what the deal is with the Cobra JET emblems on the newer Mach 1's. I've seen it more than once and can't figure out wtf they are thinking. I wish I could run into Holister boys in their Evos. Now THOSE are fun kills!!! Every time I run into an Import owner on the road they won't try the Mustangs.
I'm going to go buy a Hollister shirt and white sun glasses just for you now.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Once I hit second had to stop due to a van up ahead. had a half car on him. embarrassing I know, but I wasn't expecting a race, and traction on the road sucked. It was about to get bad tho, I could just tell by how quickly I grabbed the lead back once i had any amount of power.

I don't think he wasn't getting the best traction either if you only raced to second gear and had to stop, but nice kill . Maybe he should post up that he beat you to second gear
Old 10-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude...thats is no motor swap on the MACH....The emblem is from the original MACH 1 with the Cobra Jet 428 motor. You can buy them on line. A lot of people with 03/04 MACH 1s put this on there shaker to create a lineage back to the orginal MACH 1s. I think it is pretty cool.
You probably raced a bolt-on MACH1. Based on your description you sound like you were still accelerating pretty hard when you had to let off. You might have got him in the end by your description. However just keep in mind, the second to third shift is where the MACH 1 shines. I think to your surprise he might have been right beside you if you stayed in it and the van was not there. I might be partial to the MACH1 though.....however, I also owned a 2001 Z28/LS1 and I loved that car also so whoever would have won, would have been fine with me!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Dude...thats is no motor swap on the MACH....The emblem is from the original MACH 1 with the Cobra Jet 428 motor. You can buy them on line. A lot of people with 03/04 MACH 1s put this on there shaker to create a lineage back to the orginal MACH 1s. I think it is pretty cool.
You probably raced a bolt-on MACH1. Based on your description you sound like you were still accelerating pretty hard when you had to let off. You might have got him in the end by your description. However just keep in mind, the second to third shift is where the MACH 1 shines. I think to your surprise he might have been right beside you if you stayed in it and the van was not there. I might be partial to the MACH1 though.....however, I also owned a 2001 Z28/LS1 and I loved that car also so whoever would have won, would have been fine with me!
Go to dictionary.com and look up the word sarcasm. Good kills OP.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Teching In

And putting a Cobra Jet emblem on a 03/04 Mach is like putting a Cobra emblem on a V6 or GT.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
And putting a Cobra Jet emblem on a 03/04 Mach is like putting a Cobra emblem on a V6 or GT.
Wait...what? So my ZR1 badges shouldn't be on my camaro? ****.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:38 PM

good kill
Old 10-25-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Bahaha!
Old 10-26-2010, 02:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
So I need to put the judge badges on my GTO...lol

Quick Reply: 2 kills sunday afternoon: Evo and Mach1