Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2006 GTO vs 2011 5.0 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 07:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

This race was obviously staged by the GM guys here. Its common for those 5.0s to run mid 12s driving straight from the showroom to the track.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys!

I look forward to lining up with him again in the future... he will have a tune and CAI with gt500 clutch pedal next time I believe.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
This race was obviously staged by the GM guys here. Its common for those 5.0s to run mid 12s driving straight from the showroom to the track.
Shhhhhh.... dont tell anyone!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Teching In

I have a friend that just bought one(2011 red 5.0). we are going to race as soon as he gets a little more seat time.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Be on your game! Its going to be some good close races.... but those are the best ones imo. Have fun and be careful out there in Mexico...

You wont need the 100 shot...
Old 11-04-2010, 08:53 PM

The 5.0 lost no way that cant happen and to a heavy goat.

good kill op
Old 11-04-2010, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

the bolt on ls2 gto's and such are the reason i couldnt leave my car stock. i dont think ive heard a credible bolt on ls2 lose to a coyote. it seems to be the best match of LS power/cubic inches and weight. 6 liters + GTO = the real coyote competition.

of course ill start a pissing match of LS1 cam only guys and such, but with basic bolt ons a LS2 GTO has no problems hanging. both the LS1 and 2010 camaro need more mods to run away. IMO.

GTO's seem to have a lot of unneeded weight they can remove too.

imo

bolt on LS2 GTO > stock or even tune/cai coyote.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator
the bolt on ls2 gto's and such are the reason i couldnt leave my car stock. i dont think ive heard a credible bolt on ls2 lose to a coyote. it seems to be the best match of LS power/cubic inches and weight. 6 liters + GTO = the real coyote competition.

of course ill start a pissing match of LS1 cam only guys and such, but with basic bolt ons a LS2 GTO has no problems hanging. both the LS1 and 2010 camaro need more mods to run away. IMO.

imo

tune/CAi on a new 5.0 nets an average of 30+rwhp. remember ford did tune the car to run on 87 octane so once you add timing for 93 and free up some air they really gain a lot. good kill OP.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
tune/CAi on a new 5.0 nets an average of 30+rwhp. remember ford did tune the car to run on 87 octane so once you add timing for 93 and free up some air they really gain a lot. good kill OP.
when i bought mine, the dealer put 87 in it. it took a few tank fulls for the tune to adapt to 93. i could feel it.

the 97 aggressive tune and offroad x pipe woke mine up. mufflers and k&n is all im doing till the warranty is up. ill add cams and frpp intake manifold then. so for me 410-420 rwhp is all mine will have till then.

the 93 octane aftermarket tune has as much to do with max rpms, cam timing as it does ignition. valve overlap, DCR and advance/retarding the cams is the real power. the tune can make the car lope at idle like a radical cam if tuned for it.

the cam timing with say 110octane would have more to do with the torque curve than ignition timing by itself. the pcm with the stock tune adjusts cam timing for the fuel used also. its very complex.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Teching In

^

Some very good information about the new 5.0s there...

Thanks, itslow98 and assasinator
Old 11-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill OP, car runs really good and you seem to actually be a pretty decent guy so thats a benefit too... I'm not going to make excuses for the guy but I will say that the rear gear is really hurting the performance of the car as much as people wanna say it's an excuse, it really hurts these mod motors. 111-112 trap like you are doing seems about right for that mustang too. Again Good kill!

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Strong Goat, all the Hype doesnt really seem to be holding up when the general population is driving them hahaha
That's what happens when you get people buying a sports car when they can't drive but think they can.

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Don't be that guy... Don't follow Ju1ce and his dumbass ways.

Originally Posted by assasinator

imo

I agree with you that they are quick cars and they are faster than the new camaro's and a better competition but like any 2 cars it doesn't matter if we are comparing honda's if they are close in all the numbers then it will come down to the driver which in this case I believe the OP had the upper hand.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Nice kill OP, car runs really good and you seem to actually be a pretty decent guy so thats a benefit too... I'm not going to make excuses for the guy but I will say that the rear gear is really hurting the performance of the car as much as people wanna say it's an excuse, it really hurts these mod motors. 111-112 trap like you are doing seems about right for that mustang too. Again Good kill!
Thanks! I am not really one to **** talk or be a dick... race is a race, no reason not to be honorable about the whole deal. I cant win them all... there always someone faster out there and I run for the fun not just to win. Thats how I look at it... enjoy it and give props where they are due, even if I am not a Ford guy... you cant deny that they do make some good cars and they definitely hit the nail on the head this time with the new 5.0s.

I agree with you that they are quick cars and they are faster than the new camaro's and a better competition but like any 2 cars it doesn't matter if we are comparing honda's if they are close in all the numbers then it will come down to the driver which in this case I believe the OP had the upper hand.
I agree... he only had a few thousand miles on the car and he used to drive a v6 mustang. So there is no doubt he is still learning the car and can improve... I actually showed him how to put it in sport mode on that night cause he didnt know anything about it. He had TC off... but didnt know about the sport mode and I did because I do my research on my competition to know their advantages/disadvantages.

I have about 20k miles of seat time in the Goat and almost 50 passes at the track... also many hours in mexico By no means am I a pro racer, but I am no slouch when it comes to slamming gears...
Old 11-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Poolshark1321
Thanks! I am not really one to **** talk or be a dick... race is a race, no reason not to be honorable about the whole deal. I cant win them all... there always someone faster out there and I run for the fun not just to win. Thats how I look at it... enjoy it and give props where they are due, even if I am not a Ford guy... you cant deny that they do make some good cars and they definitely hit the nail on the head this time with the new 5.0s.

I agree... he only had a few thousand miles on the car and he used to drive a v6 mustang. So there is no doubt he is still learning the car and can improve... I actually showed him how to put it in sport mode on that night cause he didnt know anything about it. He had TC off... but didnt know about the sport mode and I did because I do my research on my competition to know their advantages/disadvantages.

I have about 20k miles of seat time in the Goat and almost 50 passes at the track... also many hours in mexico By no means am I a pro racer, but I am no slouch when it comes to slamming gears...
That first paragraph is exactly how I look at things! And when people take it so serious it is sad because who honestly cares, it's not like we are professionals. Go out and have fun and be happy that we can still live in a time that we can enjoy our cars the way we do.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Teching In

That first paragraph is exactly how I look at things! And when people take it so serious it is sad because who honestly cares, it's not like we are professionals. Go out and have fun and be happy that we can still live in a time that we can enjoy our cars the way we do.
I wish more people would look at it like we do... it seems to be few and far between now days.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Teching In

I believe I saw you out at HRP on the 29th, I was there in my blue mustang as well. Great runs

Come out tomorrow night and we can get a run in. Weather looks to be perfect for us so I plan to atleast hit another 12.5. I will also be bringing some et streets out to run on since my stock tires aren't the best on the 1-2 shift.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Teching In

yep that was me out there... I believe i saw your mustang, but I cant be sure... I didnt get a chance to really watch people run.

look forward to seeing you out there!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Poolshark, you need to hang around this section more often.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Good looking car; noticed it made it to ssracingphotos as well.

http://www.ssracingphotos.com/DRAG-R...72_XqceP-M.jpg
Old 11-05-2010, 05:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snake95
Poolshark, you need to hang around this section more often.
I am primarily on LS1gto.com and gastiresoil.com I do lurk around here but rarely post. Definitely going to start hanging around here more often though...

Originally Posted by d98gt
Good looking car; noticed it made it to ssracingphotos as well.

http://www.ssracingphotos.com/DRAG-R...72_XqceP-M.jpg
Yes sir that is me! Thanks, I love my Goat... I had a very hard time finding this color... but it was well worth the wait cause its exactly what I wanted.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:18 AM
Teching In

I recall the gastiresoil decals on the car
Keep up the good work on the car and nice kill on the stang

Quick Reply: 2006 GTO vs 2011 5.0 Mustang GT