Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is wow! People need to grow up and realize that not everyone can afford a Viper/Vette. So the next best thing to do is build what you can afford. Some people have more time than money and cannot just go out and spend 30k+ on a car. And you don't need to drop tens of thousands of dollars to get a Honda to be fast and reliable. I have about 5k in mine including the car that I did all the work to myself (paint,suspension, motor) to save on costs. I have had it together for 3 years now and it runs high 11's on BFG drag radials. No body kit, fart cannon, park bench wing, or any other ricer BS. My uncle is a BIG chevy guy and has always hated imports just as much as Wiseman I would assume judging by his comments. He took his Chevelle to the local track one night I was there and when he saw my car run he did a 180 concerning my car.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
And we all know thats a huge load of bullshit.

I helped my friend build a turbo B18/VTEC bubble. Nothing but problems. Oil leaks, cracked a ringland, blew a piston, spun a rod bearing, all on separate occassions. Transmission blew up, and its final time at the track it snapped an axle. They are cheaply built cars that are not designed to go fast or make power.
Atleast I know who NOT to call to help build my motor.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Launching!

First and foremost Wesman is my new hero...

Secondly Poopras suck and my stomache just churned as a few of you praised them and gasp even said you might purchase one someday..nsx and gtr I understand but I just can never grasp the supra...to each there own and I wouldnt pick on a retarded person so I wont pick on you...

now to be serious for a second..he he he..

The turbo civic pulling the slightly modded 467 rwhp Viper is pretty kool..

But in reality that Viper was desighned back in 2002..A stock 450 rwhp C6Z06 will still pull that Viper buy a car and a stock 2008 Viper will pull that Viper by 3 cars..

Not trying to this my gen3 Viper as I love it to def but trapping low 120's or maybe mid 120's with his few bolt ons isnt exactly stellar these days..

When the civic races a 2008 Viper with the stock 550 rwhp and 130 plus mph capabilties and beats it is the day they can exclaim Viper epic fail. As that will truly be impressive...Still much rather have the Viper but that would be somthing few cars have been able to do..

450 rwhp C6Z06's and 520 rwhp pullied and bolt on cobras haveing been whooping stock 450 rwhp 03-06 Viper srt10 A$$ for quite some time..

You gotta step it up a lil lightning Teg...

Find a 08 viper or ZR1 and show us all whats up
Old 12-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS AzZkIkr
All I can say is wow! People need to grow up and realize that not everyone can afford a Viper/Vette. So the next best thing to do is build what you can afford. Some people have more time than money and cannot just go out and spend 30k+ on a car. And you don't need to drop tens of thousands of dollars to get a Honda to be fast and reliable. I have about 5k in mine including the car that I did all the work to myself (paint,suspension, motor) to save on costs. I have had it together for 3 years now and it runs high 11's on BFG drag radials. No body kit, fart cannon, park bench wing, or any other ricer BS. My uncle is a BIG chevy guy and has always hated imports just as much as Wiseman I would assume judging by his comments. He took his Chevelle to the local track one night I was there and when he saw my car run he did a 180 concerning my car.
Bro you and the other import guys just don't get it. This is a GM PERFORMANCE SITE I would say 50% of the guys and on here hate imports for various reasons, your pretty much preaching to the choir. And I have a few die-hard import buddy's and I asked them the other day if muscle car only guys (not guys with a Honda and a F-body or what ever) get on your imports sites and they said "LOL NO" and why would they be on a import site it's not like they have a Supra or GTR. My point being if you really think that your gonna get threw some of these guy sorry your not. And for the guys that get on here wanting to know about our cars b/c they wanna know what to look for in a race or learn some stuff, great....but if your that worried you either to slow or you just need to mod the **** our of your car so you don't have to worry what everyone else has.

Hell when I would get beat by some 450-500HP Honda's back in the day when I had a few bolt'ons I found out one of the guys was talkin all kinds of **** after he beat me by a car. So what did I do? I went back home spent 4 hours putting on a 100 Dry shot came back the next week and drug his *** down the highway and put the video up on YouTube embarrassing him. After the race he asked me what I had done I said a 100 shot of dope and told him you will never beat me again. A few weeks later he blew his engine b/c he was boosting more than his engine could handle (guess he was trying to back up his mouth), and I have yet to see his car around.

I own my car for 2 reason first one being I am a huge gear head and love the LS engine base. Second I have always wanted a vette, so naturally I chose a C5Z and will soon get a C6Z. And if it's a ***** magnet awesome just a added bonus, I mean really how many girls come up to you and say "Damn is this your Honda, God I would love a ride in it, it's so hot" but I do know thats not a legit reason to get a car in my mind but I have plenty of Uncles that use there Porsche's and Vette's as bait .

Last edited by NoTractionLS1; 12-08-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

Anyone notice the Honda Advertisements when in this Thread? BLASPHEMY!!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cody123
He probably told you how badass the civic was as you were handing him cash for it am I right? lol i'm a car salesman, I know exaclty how that goes. Point being a civic can outrun a z06...so could a dodge caravan in you put enough money into it...but at the end of the day you still have a civic/minivan, and I have a z06, they're apples and oranges, the civic may beat it at ONE thing if you put enough cash in it but what about the others? Handling? Braking? Comfort? Luxury? Torque? Aerodynamics? See what I'm saying? Not trying to be rude at all either man

BTW I can't believe people will steal your damn MOTOR!? Are you serious? People will do that? How in the hell do they pull that off?
Now it makes sense...
Old 12-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
As much as I hate to say this (because I hate 99% of Honda owners myself and the general idea of putting a **** ton of whp to a FWD car) respect in my book is given where it is earned.

I have several friends and acquaintances from back when I was in high school, all of which went through Civics and Tegs like it was their job. All were turboed D16's, B18's, blah blah blah blah blah and all of which on stock tranny's, axles, differentials, stock bottom end motors.

Back in my day rolling around with them, they would beat the living **** out of their turbo Civics/Tegs, take them to the track, run impressive times for how much money they spent on the car including cost of car (like they intended) for what they were, and had no issues with those cars. The stock pieces on Honda's and Tegs are surprisingly very strong and for some reason work very well.

Our stock 4l60e's break when they are even looked at and our stock 10-bolts rarely live long lives behind manuals w/ >350rwhp (especially when aftermarket gears and sticky tires are added to the mix)

Please do not think that I am sticking up for Honda/Teg owners, as I absolutely hate 99% of them and do not like the look of the cars. The select 1% just happen to be in this forum (Not the owners thinking their Civic/Teg beat all f-body/V8 cars they run into with their fart cannon exhaust ragged out Civic) Opinions are opinions and like I said, respect is given where respect is earned.

Instead of being a nut swinger and blindly giving off the impression that you think your car is the best thing out there - take time to look around and realize what else is out there and get out of your "FBODY/LS-WON RULES" shell
props man

Too many close minded brand loyal nut swingers around.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Teching In

The point of me making a profile here and even getting on this site is to learn about what the GMs are doing. I have been going back and forth about the next platform I would tackle and I like the GMs over Fords. Not trying to change peoples opinion of imports but it's kind of disgusting to read what some people's perspectives are. I don't care what the make/model a car is, if it's fast and you have done the work I like it!
Old 12-08-2010, 01:04 PM
10 Second Club

The point of me making a profile here and even getting on this site is to learn about what the GMs are doing. I have been going back and forth about the next platform I would tackle and I like the GMs over Fords. Not trying to change peoples opinion of imports but it's kind of disgusting to read what some people's perspectives are. I don't care what the make/model a car is, if it's fast and you have done the work I like it!

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
My point being if you really think that your gonna get threw some of these guy sorry your not.
I'm not trying to get through to anyone. It's not like i'm saying sell your POS LSx cars and buy an Evo/GT-R/Supra/Whatever.

Import/domestic really makes no difference to me. LS engines are a fantastic platform, and racing is my passion, thats why i'm here.

I disagree with the nutswingers who can't appreciate anything besides what's in their driveway.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then you have not been on YouTube much those people are brutal on there. Its the internet man you should never take it seriously!
Old 12-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Teching In

The crazy thing is I have run into people that have the same opinion as what I was describing earlier. A few of them shake my hand and give respect after we race win or loose. And then there are the guys that think their car is the best and everything else sucks even though they got beat my a few city blocks on the highway. And I don't pay attention to the comments on the racing videos on youtube for this reason.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Its nice to see there are a few reasonable, level-headed guys who can appreciate any fast, modified car. Its the pride junkies who bash others no matter how much work or how fast they are or how quick their lap times are, that people can't stand being around.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Launching!

poopras suck

-

-

-

-

LOL...My dad has had two supras...the last one was a late 80's or early 90's mach what ever they are...It was built pretty good by the owner and over 400 rwhp way back in 92 when he owned it...

Fast car but it was an ugly import and the engine blew...

Mom currently has a Lexus s400 or what ever that one is that looks kinda like the supra and is like 300 HP from the 90's..

POS as well

Bad taste in my mouth....Go up to 10 random import racer owners...Id wager that 4 of them are on a second engine..Even my nsx had the engine replaced...

The ones that arent on their second engine had the engine completely built by professionals and at that point the 12 or 20 or 30 or 40K could have built a dodge minivan to be fast and halfway reliable....OR, they are smart and just running 50-100 rwhp over stock...

These guys makeing a 170 rwhp engine into a 450 rwhp engine off boost just kill me...Youve got a car desighned to hit 120 mph..Everything from the brakes and suspension ect, was ment just for that..

Now youve got a ticking time bomb...But even worse a 450 rwhp car at 2900 pounds that has an open differential with one 8.5 inch wide wheel spinning thats zooming up to 160 mph on the freeway and going in and out of lane due to stability issues and then unable to stop...

LS1 Fbody may not be the most expensive car...But everything on that car was desighned to be adequate up to 161 mph

Theirs a reason many oif us dont care for ricers. These are mine
Old 12-08-2010, 08:38 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Killemall

Now youve got a ticking time bomb...But even worse a 450 rwhp car at 2900 pounds that has an open differential with one 8.5 inch wide wheel spinning thats zooming up to 160 mph on the freeway and going in and out of lane due to stability issues and then unable to stop...

LS1 Fbody may not be the most expensive car...But everything on that car was desighned to be adequate up to 161 mph

Theirs a reason many oif us dont care for ricers. These are mine
What car would that be?
Old 12-08-2010, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

poopras suck

blah, blah, blah
I like how you grouped Supras with Hondas. Despite your paranoid beliefs I'm on the original engine that came with my car and making over 3x more power. And Supras have all the parts built to hit over 160mph as bone stock they can hit 165 mph with ease and make 450whp with simple bolt-ons reliably. How about you do more research on the car you hate so much than talk **** and bench race, but whatever you own a Viper with 476 RAW Wheel Horsepower!

I vote that someone lock this bitch.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Teching In

These guys makeing a 170 rwhp engine into a 450 rwhp engine off boost just kill me...Youve got a car desighned to hit 120 mph..Everything from the brakes and suspension ect, was ment just for that..

Tell that to chris miller who never uses the chute and has stock brakes on his SFWD hatch that easily traps over 180mph.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
What car would that be?
Originally Posted by TheHitman
I like how you grouped Supras with Hondas. Despite your paranoid beliefs I'm on the original engine that came with my car and making over 3x more power. And Supras have all the parts built to hit over 160mph as bone stock they can hit 165 mph with ease and make 450whp with simple bolt-ons reliably. How about you do more research on the car you hate so much than talk **** and bench race, but whatever you own a Viper with 476 RAW Wheel Horsepower!

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Tell that to chris miller who never uses the chute and has stock brakes on his SFWD hatch that easily traps over 180mph.
You boys are fighting a losing battle...
Old 12-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheHitman

whoever groups supras and hondas is a crack smoker,the supra is a bitchen car,i would love to own a tt supra
Old 12-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by noride
whoever groups supras and hondas is a crack smoker,the supra is a bitchen car,i would love to own a tt supra
You own a mustang therefore you're gay.

Only LSx based cars and Vipers are allowed to rule the street with their raw wheel horsepower!

Old 12-08-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
LOL stock 9" Civic rotors stopping a car from 180MPH??

Seriously, VTEC must be like LSD, it makes you delusional.

Quick Reply: C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)