Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RSKY
That was a long time ago and I've gotten a little better as a driver. Want a rematch? Vids? No problem. Just let me know when your vipers done.
I could have sworn we went 6 months ago with me at 460 rwhp and you at 750 rwhp at that private drag strip rental and I beat you by a car and then the next run you beat me by a car and then the third run we tied?????????????

then I raced the black big turbo supra at 600 rwhp and beat him by 2-4 cars 6 times in a row...

Then the entertainer in his 650 rwhp supra didnt want none and just left..

Correct me if Im wrong but I thought we already did this????????????

Its no secret that I drag race the hell out of my Viper and can run 11's every single time...So perhaps that was unfair..

How about me naturally asperated at 500 rwhp vrs you on pump at 700 rwhp..From 70-150 mph..I predict a close run or a W for me...

Then against you on race gas at the full 1K..

Ive seen you against the 800 rwhp GTR while on your race gas and with my extra lil 20 rwhp Im getting I think with a 70 mph 3rd beep I can give you a solid run from 70-120 mph..But from 120-150 assuming you can master the beaste I predict 1.5 buses (4.5 lengths) for your W..

Your car is NASTY on race at the full 1K...But can ou handle it??????? No disrespect intended but Im sure not many people could..Thats straight up race car driver power...Hell some Monster trucks dont have 1K rwhp...

Id love to see your vids you have were you pulled the GTR that somehow never made it into the final cut...I bet you started to walk away even from that mighty GTR..

Of course you know Im down.....Lets just have honer and post all the vids plain and simple....No disapearing footage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a former Infantry man I know you have more than enough honer and then some...

talk to you tomorrow...Sleepy now
Old 12-09-2010, 09:02 AM
10 Second Club

^ Looking forward to the vids ^
Old 12-09-2010, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

I have owned my MK3 Supra since 2001. Beat the hell out of it. Stock original shortblock which is not strong at all. Running HKS piggybacks which are grossly out of date and other Supra guys look down on. As mentioned before its a horrible car to drag race. I like them due to the fact they drive like a Caddy,nice seats,quiet,built like a tank,luxurious(side mirrors are heated,adjustable struts from inside the car,headlamp washers,super monitor blah blah and are a real sleeper since they are hated by a lot of people. And since they are a forced induction car from the factory they can be made to put out decent numbers. In regards to 7MGTEs blowing up thats a real easy thing to retort. Like LS1s they don't tolerate low oil levels so kids run around with low oil levels and leaking oil-then rod knock. From the factory they blow headgaskets due to the headbolts not being torqed down to proper torque specs.This a lot of times results in a warped head. Guys want to be cheap and not check the head or the surface of the block which results in another blown headgasket. Check your head,use a good gasket and head studs and it can take a beating. The pistons are not good in them so at high psi if the car is not tuned, very easy for cracked ringlands or pistons to happen in them. Not the most reliable Toyota but with some work they can move. My car runs low 11s easy on pump gas and traps 128-130MPH. Can be driven anywhere. Its quiet too. Full boost at 3 grand-yup a tad laggy. Tough car to drag race and crappy ET for the MPH no doubt. Could be better but I like just driving it. On the move its pretty damn fast. Most guys with these cars and Mk4s just shoot for high RWHP numbers. Lot of guys with them have attitudes. Just ignore them and race them at the track where it counts. Not everyones cup of tea but I like it. Good cruising car
Old 12-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Killemall
reguardless of what yyou post and rather you are right or not..I just cant take you seriously wih that civic picture...take it down and just say the specs...

-500 rwhp
-2800 pounds
-beats vipers
-black on black vehicle

that would make me take you much more seriously. You seem very knowledgable and like a great guy..Just after years of makeing fun of civics..Well Im brain washed to automatically degrade everything you say..

help a brother out yo take the pic down

That wo
Holy hell you are an ignorant *****
Old 12-09-2010, 11:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Holy hell you are an ignorant *****
AMEN!

End Thread
Old 12-09-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr370z
If anyone calls this car a ricer or a pos they just need to drive off a cliff.
Just because something goes fast doesn't make it a good car.

That is what you fail to realize. Most people respect cars that look nice, sound good, are fast and reliable at the same time.

That Civic is non of those things except fast in a straight line.

Its still a worthless pile of **** Civic hatch.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02

That is what you fail to realize. Most people respect cars that look nice, sound good, are fast and reliable at the same time.

That sounds like what most import people think about cars like Camaro's and Firebirds. Not trying to start an argument, but having a car that is fast (600+ rwhp) is not going to be as reliable as one that is stock that is rated at half the horsepower. Everything is subjective I suppose.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
That sounds like what most import people think about cars like Camaro's and Firebirds. Not trying to start an argument, but having a car that is fast (600+ rwhp) is not going to be as reliable as one that is stock that is rated at half the horsepower. Everything is subjective I suppose.
"Most people"?? Who is "most people"?? Like the retards on the CivicNation and mygayevo forums???

They don't count

Difference is Camaros and Firebirds look nice, sound nice, and have a chassis that is built for speed and handling.

A civic is a piece of **** economy car designed to get groceries.

Big difference there son.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:10 PM
***Repost Police***

No 8s car handles well, without drastically changing the setup. And no 8s car is "reliable."
Old 12-09-2010, 01:21 PM
10 Second Club

"Most people"?? Who is "most people"?? Like the retards on the CivicNation and mygayevo forums???

They don't count

Difference is Camaros and Firebirds look nice, sound nice, and have a chassis that is built for speed and handling.

maybe not a civic.... but an Evo?? sorry have to disagree with you there. evos handles very well, very reliable cars, can go very fast in straight lines/curves with few mods. and they sound good ((not as good as V8s, but still sound really nice for a 4cyl car )) and they look nice too!! and this is coming from a guy who owned V8 chevys all his life. I love my cars but that does not mean they are the best.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They don't count

For someone calling me son you need to grow up a bit. I can tell you that the camaro and firebirds are not built for handling and speed is subjective. At least not the type of handling I'm used to, but hey if all you have to compare it to is what you got then I can see why you think they are built for handling.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

Mine sounds great !

What's your view on S2000s?

Last edited by sujomatt; 12-09-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Camaros or birds in stock form are funny to watch autox.

And EVOs are some of the fastest road coarse cars out there right now. Sierra Sierras time attack evo is also another straight up rediculous car.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:49 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by sujomatt

Mine sounds great !

What's your view on S2000s?
Don't even bother, he thinks those are gutless pieces of garbage too.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Don't even bother, he thinks those are gutless pieces of garbage too.
HAHA i know, im just waiting for more fun to errupt.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
but an Evo?? sorry have to disagree with you there. evos handles very well, pretty reliable cars, can go very fast in straight lines/curves with few mods. and they sound good
Fixed for you.

Cousin and acquaintances from the past would spend 30 minutes a day checking everything on their bolt-on, boost controller, new BOV Evo 8's "just to make sure". Cousin did this due to another cousin (his bro) not checking his Evo daily (same mods) and his car breaking down and having issues.

I consider a very reliable car something you just get in and drive and worry about changing differential fluid, tranny fluid, and oil at a normal time period.

But then again, everything is subjective. I used to be a HUGE DSM guy and I absolutely LOVE Evo's. I just wouldn't go as far as to call them "very reliable" cars. They are pretty reliable, not very.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Teching In

I dont understand your point. You mod the **** out of a car, unless its stock, you should be checking everything regularly. My friend has an 05 GT that he supercharged. Didnt check the oil to often, ran low, spun a bearing and bent a rod one day. Another friend with a freshly built LS2 GTO making around 500whp N/A also neglected something, and found a rod knock one morning. Hasnt driven it since so who knows. Point being, anything that isnt stock past I/H/E needs more attention.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Fixed for you.

Cousin and acquaintances from the past would spend 30 minutes a day checking everything on their bolt-on, boost controller, new BOV Evo 8's "just to make sure". Cousin did this due to another cousin (his bro) not checking his Evo daily (same mods) and his car breaking down and having issues.

I consider a very reliable car something you just get in and drive and worry about changing differential fluid, tranny fluid, and oil at a normal time period.

But then again, everything is subjective. I used to be a HUGE DSM guy and I absolutely LOVE Evo's. I just wouldn't go as far as to call them "very reliable" cars. They are pretty reliable, not very.
hmmm I dont know about your cousin, but my cousin has a full bolt-ons Evo 9 mr at 25 psi on stock turbo and the only thing he do is change the fluids. the same with my buddy with his 535whp evo 9. I have a friend who also have an evo 8 with 578whp, but that car does need some attention from time to time ((probably every month or 2, not everyday!!!!!! and only minor issues, exhaust/boost leak, pipes coming off, and such, but you need to understand this car is on stock block and have a bigger turbo with high boost, custom piping, so these things are expected!! especially when its not done 100% right))

oh did I mention that the first two evos I mentioned been running for 2+ years and been daily driven!!? I guess it comes to the tune, who built it, and parts used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbh-HzBEv8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8XTPyeJzUA

and oh they beat stock Z06s too lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzQ9RwIOe90
Old 12-09-2010, 03:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I dont understand your point. You mod the **** out of a car, unless its stock, you should be checking everything regularly. My friend has an 05 GT that he supercharged. Didnt check the oil to often, ran low, spun a bearing and bent a rod one day. Another friend with a freshly built LS2 GTO making around 500whp N/A also neglected something, and found a rod knock one morning. Hasnt driven it since so who knows. Point being, anything that isnt stock past I/H/E needs more attention.
^^^^ exactly. and when I said very relaible I was mainly talking about stock Evos or bolt-ons evo.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
^^^^ exactly. and when I said very relaible I was mainly talking about stock Evos or bolt-ons evo.
Good clarification. When I read "go very fast" I thought you meant more heavily modded cars are reliable because I don't consider stock Evos "fast". I realize with more mods the more you need to check out the car and upkeep it, but I made an assumption and misinterpreted what you were saying. My b, my b. Reading comprehension in this case was > Me

Quick Reply: C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)