Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Under the Magnuson-Mass warranty act they should have to prove that your tune directly resulted in the failure of the transmission. So unless you raised your redline significantly higher or something, the tune should not matter. Sounds like you got screwed over by your dealer, sorry to hear about that.
I hate when people site the Mag-Moss Act thinking they can do any and everything to their cars. The initial reason for that law was to protect consumers from being required to use specific parts, services, and/or companies to get repair work done. If said rules weren't strictly complied to the seller could void their warranty. That is illegal and is what the Mag-Moss Act helps you fight against. They can't tell you what parts you have to use and where you have to get the work done. There is a provision where the warrant-or must prove said part caused a failure but it is such a grey area you'd be hard pressed to find many people who have the means or patience to bring it to suit. Not to mention you'd be going up against an auto manufacturer's bottomless pit of retained lawyers. GM along with many other auto companies are now expressly stating a tune can and will void your warranty. It wont be hard for them to explain to a judge that the billions of dollars they spent in R&D to program the car's computer to run perfectly in various conditions throughout the country(world) suddenly broke because the owner spent a mere $500 to have some unrecognized shop alter it.

Good luck fighting that.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by willizm
What do you mean? I thought all BMW owners buy their cars strictly on looks
Old 12-14-2010, 03:22 PM
***Repost Police***

Old 12-14-2010, 03:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Someone is definitely on a high horse around here

You love calling people out about their post count. Well this is the street race section, so how about you post up a race video of your car so we can all tell you how awesome you are? Post your own race or get fucked and stop being the biggest douche on this site.
Lol, best reply I've see in a while.

Lol at the BMW pics. To each their own. I will say that the Audi line trumps BMW in the looks department.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:41 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by willizm
Lol, best reply I've see in a while.

Lol at the BMW pics. To each their own. I will say that the Audi line trumps BMW in the looks department.
QFT
Old 12-14-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone is definitely on a high horse around here

You love calling people out about their post count. Well this is the street race section, so how about you post up a race video of your car so we can all tell you how awesome you are?
No, because I don't come here looking for "respect" or "props" like all the stupid ricers. Thats what you obviously fail to understand.

Post your own race or get fucked and stop being the biggest douche on this site.
Why don't you get a life and stop worrying about what I'm doing. You're obviously a miserable and pathetic person seeing as you feel the need to call me out when I haven't done anything to you.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:28 PM
***Repost Police***

You call out EVERYBODY that drives an import or doesn't think all of them are huge pieces of ****, and I don't think any of them did anything to you either.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Wesman you should check this book out.

Attached Thumbnails C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)-dick01.jpg  
Old 12-14-2010, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
You're obviously a miserable and pathetic person seeing as you feel the need to call me out when I haven't done anything to you.
I call everyone out, but if someone does it to me then it's no fair
Old 12-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Teching In

I call everyone out, but if someone does it to me then it's no fair
Old 12-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Comeon guys, another 140 posts and we can beat the most posts in the last year! (06 GTO vs 98 Cobra)
Old 12-14-2010, 05:10 PM
***Repost Police***

I'm down.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:12 PM

Unless this gets locked I don't see it slowing down any time soon.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 post.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Launching!

NOOBINATOR...

Love the name BTW....But FERRARI/LAMBO..Not even mentioned in the same sentance...The Viper/NSX are both bonafied bottome of the barrel exotics..Theve got a just barely pricey enough MSRP of 83K and 87K (starting from the early 2000's mind you) respectively for the base models...Theve got the look at me Im somthing special looks ...Theve got the 1 off thing going for them. One has the largest production engine available for sale and the other was desighned by a famous F1 driver from the ground up and one of the first all aluminum vehicles built...But more importantly they both are VERY rare and in 15-20 year production runs only 20-25K were produced for each car...

The GTR has the price point at 82K covered wich is just enough to not be affordable to the average person..The GTR dosent have the look at me Im somthing special look. It is HUGE and looks like a randon G35...But this is subjective so it could still pass as a bottom of the barrel exotic at this point. As far as the 1 off thing it has nothing going for it. AWD is kool but porshe was doing it LOOOOONG before hand..

But the biggest factor is the production numbers This is were I dont think the GTR can make it into the bottom of the barrel exotic catergory. There seems to be a lot of them. Ive seen more GTR's in the past 18 months than I have Vipers in my life...

So basically before you can even compare to an exotic lambo.ferrari..You have to atleaste be in a lower level exotic...Cant say the GTR is one
Old 12-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Again..for a car that isnt hand built...Like the Viper/nsx..Dosent even have its own assembly plant and is built right next to g37's on the same assembly line..and at 12000 per year produced. It is NOT a lower end exotic The Z06 at only 7K units made per year and its hand built LS7 actually has a stronger case for bottom of the barrel exotic than the GTR..if it wernt for those pesky 30K base C6's made per year it would be a sure thing...

Exotics have their own assemnly plants///are hand built in some capacity or completely ///and are limited production..1k per year..2 k per year..maybe 5-7 k per year..

But at 12k per year a GTR is a mustang of the 80-100K car world....

Just try to remember that the next time you mention Ferrari or Lambo.....

2009 Nissan GT-R: From Steel to Supercar Feature Video

Feature
2009 Nissan GT-R: Inside Nissan's Tochigi Assembly Plant
The Making of a Mass-Produced Supercar

By Ed Hellwig, Lead Senior Editor | Published Dec 26, 2007

1 Rating.Given its limited production numbers and stunning performance, you might think the 2009 Nissan GT-R would get its very own assembly line, a place where a small group of technicians work in near silence, slowly piecing together individual cars like craftsmen in a hot-rod shop.

That thought goes out the window the second you walk into the assembly area at Nissan's assembly plant in Tochigi, Japan, about 60 miles outside Tokyo. There, on various racks and conveyor belts, are GT-Rs all right, but they're mixed in among Infiniti G37 coupes and G35 sedans just like any other Nissan. They're all headed down the same production line and assembled by the same technicians.

So it's not what you might expect, but this doesn't tell the whole story of the 2009 Nissan GT-R's assembly process. There are areas where the GT-R does get special attention from dedicated technicians, but you have to take a few steps back in the build process to find them.

Yokohama's Finest
Nissan's Yokohama engine factory is where the GT-R gets the bulk of its special attention. It's here that a special clean room has been created to assemble the GT-R's twin-turbo V6, referred to internally as the VR38DETT.

This is the most powerful production engine Nissan has ever built, so each V6's assembly is overseen by a single technician who guides the process from start to finish. Watching these men at work, it's clear that the often frantic nature of an assembly line does not exist in this clean room. The techs are never in a hurry. They work quickly and efficiently in a room where both the air pressure and air temperature are precisely controlled to avoid contamination of the parts, the kind of environment usually seen only in the assembly of racing engines.

From start to finish, the entire build process takes 200 minutes. This works out to roughly 27 engines a day at the plant's current staffing level. Eventually there will be 20 technicians working on two shifts to meet the full production goal of 12,000 GT-Rs a year. If there's demand for more, additional workers will be added, but the allotted time to build the engine will not change, Nissan tells us.

When each engine is completed, it's test-fired and checked for power and torque on a dynamometer before heading to the Tochigi assembly plant where the whole GT-R comes together.

Last edited by Killemall; 12-14-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Launching!

belieave it or not i actually found vids of the mythical stock GTR...

stock GTR with it's up to 120 mph trapps vs stock Z06 with its up to 127 mph trapps =no contest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O7Xf0IPiiM
Old 12-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Launching!

now here we have an again up to 120 mph trapping stock GTR against a up to 123 mph trapping stock F430..again =no contest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIpBZm4FNas

How about this stock lambo laying to rest the stock GTR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_28t...eature=channel

Last edited by Killemall; 12-14-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Launching!

Im just trying to paint a picture. The GTR is an amazeing track car. But its no bottom of the barrel exotic with 12K made per year and it's not that fast...a 1996 GTS Viper can trapp up to 120 mph..Even a LS3 base model C6 can hit 117 mph..

All those vids with the GTR so fast are MODDED GTR's...But in stock form a gallardo or f430 will rape one. Nothing impressive about up to 120 mph trapps...
Old 12-14-2010, 06:20 PM

Killmall

What I said before as far as the GTR, lambo, GT3 are PERFORMANCE WISE stock for stock are in the same class and have close numbers 1/4mile, track etc...I said nothing comparing of price, production and style.

To Wesman read the info on the vid before you post up again "those aren't stock cars"

STOCK GTR VS STOCK GT3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrd8VzfZzN8

Quick Reply: C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)