Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 10:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Yeah, the guy with the H/C/I C6 Z06 and the cammed '10 Camaro SS is a GT-R fanboy...
lol I love my z06, and I also love all cars, no matter who built it. if the car deserve to be respected, then I will! and the GTR is one of the nicest cars out there ((esp when you consider the cost!))

and btw, I never bought anything other than a v8 chevy... 3 corvettes, 2 trucks, and the '10 camaro. so its not like I hate them.

Last edited by walhan_qtr; 12-13-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
can you please post the number of transmissions that have blown up....!!
Go on the GTR forums and check out the posts if you are curious. Its a significant enough number that it made headlines in the automotive industry.

oh yea?? tell that to the dealerships I went to to get my tranny fixed under warranty. I ended up buying a level 4 built t56.
What was actually wrong with the transmission?? Unless they can prove that you abused the transmission or put significantly more power through it than it was designed to handle, there is no reason it shouldn't have been covered.

you do know that after they got the new tune, you can use your launch control and not lose your warranty. this was true when they first came out but after the updated tune you can disable your traction control and use your launch control without worrying about your warranty.
Yea, nothing like patching a problem by dumbing down the vehicles hyped up launch control.

Also doesn't help all the GTR owners who are out $20K-$30K for new transmissions that weren't covered.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:22 PM

[QUOTE=Wesmanw02;14233857]You can classify your car as whatever you want, hell you can tell us it flies if you want, its still doesn't mean jack ****. Your car is not in the same league as a Lambo, Ferrari, or GT3. Its a fat, overpriced Nissan with a boosted 350Z engine. Get off your high horse.

Say what?
http://www.youtube.com/user/Dragtime.../2/GytSvoCBr_w

I love the excuses you make, be serious. Nissan hasn't sold many GTRs, so the proportion of them that have blown transmissions is quite large. Believe what you want, the truth is that its a serious problem. You are basically just bragging about being lucky that yours didn't blow.

I know its a serious problem doesn't mean all trannys goin to blow. I'm not bragging just giving you a fact.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Might want to specify then, since you were talking to him in that post. Twice.

Stop wasting his time with your personal experience and logical thought process!
Nothing like the resident peanut gallery. If you knew where the transmission is actually located in the car maybe you could make a half decent post for once.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:25 PM
***Repost Police***

Good comeback
Old 12-13-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by noobinator
Next time try posting a video of a stock GTR vs. a Lambo. Obviously the GTR was modded, stop kidding yourself.

Your average GTR traps at 115-116MPH. Not going to hang with a Gallardo on the highway.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
What was actually wrong with the transmission?? Unless they can prove that you abused the transmission or put significantly more power through it than it was designed to handle, there is no reason it shouldn't have been covered.
]
do you know what was the first thing that GM asked the dealerships that I went to when they tried to file a warranty claim?? they asked for the tune files. they didnt even see whats wrong with the transmission. go over the corvette forum and read about tuning and voiding your warranty.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Stop wasting his time with your personal experience and logical thought process!
****!

GTRs a nice car, I would just rather have something where the shifter/gas are physically connected to the engine and trans.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:31 PM
10 Second Club

Also doesn't help all the GTR owners who are out $20K-$30K for new transmissions that weren't covered.
I would love to know how many stock cars that were not covered. the updated tune came out pretty fast. I believe couple or 3 months after the release of the car.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
do you know what was the first thing that GM asked the dealerships that I went to when they tried to file a warranty claim?? they asked for the tune files. they didnt even see whats wrong with the transmission. go over the corvette forum and read about tuning and voiding your warranty.
Under the Magnuson-Mass warranty act they should have to prove that your tune directly resulted in the failure of the transmission. So unless you raised your redline significantly higher or something, the tune should not matter. Sounds like you got screwed over by your dealer, sorry to hear about that.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:33 PM
10 Second Club

Under the Magnuson-Mass warranty act they should have to prove that your tune directly resulted in the failure of the transmission. So unless you raised your redline significantly higher or something, the tune should not matter. Sounds like you got screwed over by your dealer, sorry to hear about that.
LOL... go over the corvetteforum and read about tuning and voiding your warranty, thats all what I have to say. im even welling to post a new thread to see what people ((who actually own Z06s)) say about it. 99% of them will say it wont be fixed under warranty when they know that the car is tuned.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:35 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
****!

GTRs a nice car, I would just rather have something where the shifter/gas are physically connected to the engine and trans.
I would too. For the money, I'd go with a Z06 over a GT-R as well. But that doesn't change the fact that it is a nice car.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I would too. For the money, I'd go with a Z06 over a GT-R as well. But that doesn't change the fact that it is a nice car.
What makes the GTR a nice car? That thing is ugly as sin and has more nannies than rich kids in England. I guess I just don't get it.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:25 AM
***Repost Police***

Looks are subjective, and I like the way it looks. The interior is nice, the ride is nice, and it performs well. It was built with a purpose, and it achieved the goals set for it. Is it the best car? No. But it is a nice car.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:28 AM
Teching In

I think new BMW's are ugly as sin but they are still "nice cars"
Old 12-14-2010, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks are subjective, and I like the way it looks. The interior is nice, the ride is nice, and it performs well. It was built with a purpose, and it achieved the goals set for it. Is it the best car? No. But it is a nice car.
I disagree with you but if it works for you thats cool.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice is a subjective term. Its not a fact. I don't think its a "nice" car at all, and neither do a lot of other people.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:49 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Imports aren't the only cars to have issues you know. The 6 speeds that were in the first batch of new camaro's had issues too. Nissan did pull some **** initially with the whole launch control warranty voiding issue, but has since honored warrenties and came out with a software update that allows launch control while keeping the warranty from voiding and improving the 0-60 time of those cars.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:53 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I think new BMW's are ugly as sin but they are still "nice cars"
What do you mean? I thought all BMW owners buy their cars strictly on looks
Old 12-14-2010, 12:36 PM

Get off your high horse.
Someone is definitely on a high horse around here

You love calling people out about their post count. Well this is the street race section, so how about you post up a race video of your car so we can all tell you how awesome you are? Post your own race or get fucked and stop being the biggest douche on this site.

Quick Reply: C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)