Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

You two argue like your married and the typing books was referring to the length of them not the writing style.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FEARSM
If you think that then you dont read the posts. I don't post any magazine information, never have. I rarely post either, just usually in response to things that deal with me directly. No way in hell we post similiar.
agreed..I atleaste use paragraphs...

take it easy on fearsm he's a supra owner
Old 12-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Killemall

Separating each sentence you type is not a paragraph. You separate main ideas with paragraphs...

And using the n-ring as a benchmark is terrible. Its such a long course the smallest driver error can ruin a good time.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

BTW.....Someone said the C6Z or 2003-2006 SRt10 could hang with the GTR if they had better tires ect...

SORRY

I love my car and I think the C6Z06 is amazeing as well..But they dont hold a canddle to the GTR on a road course...

On a 3 minute course the GTR will beat both of them by a solid 5 seconds. That is an eternity..

The stock GTR that you might see someone picking up their lil kids from school in ran the Ring just a tick slower than the ZR1's 7.26 and ACR vipers 7.22..Z06 and old SRT10 Viper are both high 7's....

As much as I hate to admit it the GTR is basically right their with the current best of the best and a C6Z06 or old SRT10 are just not gonna come close to that beaste...Tires would help. But its not like you cant put tires on a GTR as well...
AWD has a HUGE advantage with street tires when you're talking about power level in the 500+ range. With racing tires, the lightest, highest hp car will most likely put down the fastest laptime. It's just science... Go to a 1 minute autocross course and see how drivers can gain over two seconds with r compound tires over street tires... That's with cars with not even very much power... Yeah, GTR has a big advantage with street tires because it can drive out of corners a lot harder because it has 4 tires clawing at the pavement, but once you put race tires into play the GTR is going to be the heavy one in the back... Ask a professional, don't believe the rich guy who pays people $1000 to change their spark plug wires...
Old 12-13-2010, 04:53 AM
Launching!

lightning Teg..These major companies..Dodge/Nissan/Chevy hire prfessionals and send them to the ring and have the ring out the best performance...

I think tyhey sent the ZR1 back again and got a 7.24..still shy of the ACR;s 7.22

THE RING IS SELLING HIGHER END CARS AT THIS POINT..ESPECIALLY THE 70-120k CARS...

As far as the tires argument..Dude a GTR will rape a C6Z06 or old SRT10 on a road course stock for stock and thats what matters..More than a few ZR1 owners said..Well if you put such and such tires on the ZR1 it can beat the ACR and blah blah blah...At the end of the day you could build a supra that would beat the ACR and ZR1 at the ring...

Stock for stock is what matters..

And the GTR is simply a stock track monster.Ive seen the way my friend can race his even in rainy conditions. Though I think he's crazy and I have warned him...Even with 680 rwhp and drizzled road the GTR never skips a beat..slides...spins the tires ect. It just hooks and goes...The Viper/supra ect. have had those Osh*t moments on the same days in heads up raceing..

GTR is a bad a$$ track car..Still rather have a Z06 for the 125 mph stock trapp speeds and agressive styling as well as NA power always being better than FI power...But admittedly the GTR is world class right now...
Old 12-13-2010, 05:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ryanisfast
AWD has a HUGE advantage with street tires when you're talking about power level in the 500+ range. With racing tires, the lightest, highest hp car will most likely put down the fastest laptime. It's just science... Go to a 1 minute autocross course and see how drivers can gain over two seconds with r compound tires over street tires... That's with cars with not even very much power... Yeah, GTR has a big advantage with street tires because it can drive out of corners a lot harder because it has 4 tires clawing at the pavement, but once you put race tires into play the GTR is going to be the heavy one in the back... Ask a professional, don't believe the rich guy who pays people $1000 to change their spark plug wires...
Since Im assuming you are referring to me as the rich guy who pays 1000$ to have plugs and wires changed..Are you the professional we should ask????

You have no idea....The GTR breaks the laws of physics..Their is now way in hell a 3800 pound car with 420 awhp should be able to touch 120 mph in stock form through the 1/4 mile....

GTS Viper at 3450 pounds and 400 rwhp can barely do it..C5Z06 at 350 rwhp and 3150 pounds can barely touch 116 mph...

The GTR's automatic shifting is simply amazeing...The suspension is amazeing. The AWD is amazeing. The weight hasnt hindered it any thus far....

Honestly the GTR is not a car I would own. The styling looks like a slightly more agressive G35 and I dont need a back seat in my sports car....But after takeing the time to read up on them a lil..They are a hell of a car and in every way actually a supercar when you just look at the specs and forget about the 80K price or Nissan badge
Old 12-13-2010, 05:02 AM
Teching In

That might be the dumbest thing you've said since raw wheel horsepower...
Old 12-13-2010, 07:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LightningTeg is right, you don't use paragraphs. I'd almost rather read a block of text rather than your ****. You have no idea when to make a new paragraph, so you do it after every damn sentence. Makes me wanna--->

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Separating each sentence you type is not a paragraph. You separate main ideas with paragraphs...

And using the n-ring as a benchmark is terrible. Its such a long course the smallest driver error can ruin a good time.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Teching In

At least I can spell and use proper grammar and punctuation.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is useless! I bet the OP enjoyed this....not!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Killemall, in all seriousness, is English your second language?
Old 12-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mr370z
Killemall, in all seriousness, is English your second language?
You haven't heard how he talks in his videos?
Old 12-13-2010, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Since Im assuming you are referring to me as the rich guy who pays 1000$ to have plugs and wires changed..Are you the professional we should ask????

You have no idea....The GTR breaks the laws of physics..Their is now way in hell a 3800 pound car with 420 awhp should be able to touch 120 mph in stock form through the 1/4 mile....

GTS Viper at 3450 pounds and 400 rwhp can barely do it..C5Z06 at 350 rwhp and 3150 pounds can barely touch 116 mph...

The GTR's automatic shifting is simply amazeing...The suspension is amazeing. The AWD is amazeing. The weight hasnt hindered it any thus far....

Honestly the GTR is not a car I would own. The styling looks like a slightly more agressive G35 and I dont need a back seat in my sports car....But after takeing the time to read up on them a lil..They are a hell of a car and in every way actually a supercar when you just look at the specs and forget about the 80K price or Nissan badge
Actually, I do have an idea. I'm pretty sure it's factual that the GTR in no way breaks the laws of physics... You're a moron... And touching 120mph with 420whp is very understandable and is what I would expect especially with how fast the car can shift gears... I would expect that if my 3500 trans am with 330rwhp can trap 110 and 113, that a car that only weighs as much as a fat man should beat me pretty damn well and trap 120mph with nearly 100 more hp at the wheels no problem... the C6zo6 has about 450 at the wheels and it traps closer to 130mph, so you're an idiot... is it breaking the laws of physics???...

Anyone that does racing on a road coarse knows that tires and brakes are probably the most important aspect of racing... Get a knee down while riding a bike and talk to me about breaking the laws of physics...

edit: Just so you know I love the GTR, but people get hyped about certain cars and the gtr is a special car, but at the same time it doesn't break the laws of physics, it's just a very well built expensive car. If I had a lot of money to buy a lot of different cars, a GTR would be on my list. I think it looks amazing, especially when it's cruising at night. Best street sports car IMO. For racing though, a zo6 with racing slicks and a little stiffer suspension is what I'd get. A lot cheaper and would rape the GTR if you put them side by side both with slicks and racing suspension. The light weight tells the story there... and more aero. the thing about the gtr is it's like the Evo was. With street tires you come in as hot as you can into a turn and let the electronics do what they do, but that only has an edge with street tires... Once racing slicks come into play, it's a whoel different ballpark.

Last edited by ryanisfast; 12-13-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still rather have a Z06 for the 125 mph stock trapp speeds and agressive styling as well as NA power always being better than FI power...But admittedly the GTR is world class right now...
What car enthusiast actually keeps their car stock?
The reason we have this hobby is to mod our cars and see it change with each part we do. Each part I have even put on my POS LT1 still makes me a bit happier knowing I made the car better than what it was from the factory and makes it more fun to drive (although a bit upset because my wallet is now lighter )

I like your appreciation for the Z06. +1, although GTR's are an absolutely amazing performance value
Old 12-13-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Friendly disagreement here...

It really doesn't, it can all be explained. Kind of like a magic show, its impressive until you realize how the trick is done. First off, the GTR is underrated at 480HP. That much is a given, because they can't lie about the weight. The GTR typically traps between 113MPH (humid day) to 120MPH (ringer from Nissan). So basically the same as stock C5Z06. Sorry but not impressed for $85,000.

Thats the same poorly designed transmission that blows apart when the launch control is used. And since Nissan says that turning off traction control voids the warranty, the owner is left with a $20,000 bill from the dealership for a new transmission. And then it will just do it again if you drive the car hard.

The suspension is not any more amazing than any other car. Its simply all the electronic controls that allow the car to feel like it handles well. The ECM makes constant corrections to the car to make it feel like it handles better than it does. The computer basically drives the car for you, making an amateur driver look like a pro.

I don't see what the big deal is with the GTR. Its overpriced, overweight, ugly, poorly designed, and unreliable. Why is it fun to drive a car that basically pilots itself via electronic nannies?? I'd be willing to bet a track day or auto-x with a car like a Miata (especially an LS1 Miata ) would be 10 times more fun than driving that pig of a car called the GTR. Its all hype, no substance.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn Wesman we agree on something.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
What car enthusiast actually keeps their car stock?
The reason we have this hobby is to mod our cars and see it change with each part we do. Each part I have even put on my POS LT1 still makes me a bit happier knowing I made the car better than what it was from the factory and makes it more fun to drive (although a bit upset because my wallet is now lighter )

I like your appreciation for the Z06. +1, although GTR's are an absolutely amazing performance value
Amen man! All this GT-R nonsense.. it's a car that has to adhere to the laws of physics like all other cars. Just like everyone else already said (and knows) that it's advantage is AWD > RWD with street tires.

Wesman you make some great points. Nissan likes to screw over their consumers who somehow thought they were buying a sports car....ONE WHERE YOU CAN'T EVEN FULLY REMOVE TRACTION CONTROL.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:21 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02

Thats the same poorly designed transmission that blows apart when the launch control is used. And since Nissan says that turning off traction control voids the warranty, the owner is left with a $20,000 bill from the dealership for a new transmission. And then it will just do it again if you drive the car hard.
I'm not even gonna bother with anything else in your post, but they fixed that almost 2 years ago.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I'm not even gonna bother with anything else in your post, but they fixed that almost 2 years ago.
Pssst, Its still an overpriced pussymobile.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Thats because you don't understand anything thats being talked about.

The issue itself was not fixed. They just dumbed down the launch control to lessen the chance of blowing the transmission. Thats not "fixing" the issue, its the same piece of junk transmission. Its also been chided for being clunky and unrefined in traffic. For $85K+ it can't even match VW's DSG for smoothness, real accomplishment Nissan.

Quick Reply: C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)