Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 A4 vs 5 speed 3V Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand why you keep saying they're slow. My car went 13.1@105 all day long with a intake and tune on stock tires. They're plenty of others doing that also. I believe there is a member on here that had a CS edition and stock went 13.6@103. I think you need to adventure around onto other forums instead of hiding in here before calling them slow. Of course nothing will beat anything you have on the highway because of your super duper aerodynamics.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 08nastygt
I don't understand why you keep saying they're slow. My car went 13.1@105 all day long with a intake and tune on stock tires. They're plenty of others doing that also. I believe there is a member on here that had a CS edition and stock went 13.6@103. I think you need to adventure around onto other forums instead of hiding in here before calling them slow. Of course nothing will beat anything you have on the highway because of your super duper aerodynamics.
Stock LS1's trap higher than that without intakes and tunes, what's your point? And this race went well past the 1/4 mile.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Stock ls1s trap around that especially the autos. I'm not talking traps I'm talk quarter mike times which is what matters. I think everyone will agree that a ls1 will pull a lot of cars on the highway. Now my point being is take your car to the track and see what you run on stock tires. So another point if you gave him a second head start and 4 cars you really think you would pull back 7-8 cars based and my times? Around here average ls1 with minor bolt ons goes around my times with a 107-108 trap. Your just so high and mighty on your car you won't see where everyone besides you is coming from in this thread.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Banned

Stock ls1s trap around that especially the autos. I'm not talking traps I'm talk quarter mike times which is what matters. I think everyone will agree that a ls1 will pull a lot of cars on the highway. Now my point being is take your car to the track and see what you run on stock tires. So another point if you gave him a second head start and 4 cars you really think you would pull back 7-8 cars based and my times? Around here average ls1 with minor bolt ons goes around my times with a 107-108 trap. Your just so high and mighty on your car you won't see where everyone besides you is coming from in this thread.
What the hell does a 1/4 race have to do with my race that was from 80 to 130? And trap speed is what matters in a race like this.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I will chime in with my experience racing the 3V. I raced an 06 in my LT1 car a few years back. It was an auto with a catback, intake, and gears. We raced from a dig twice and BOTH times it out launched me(I was on 245's) by the end of the 1/8 we were just about neck and neck me losing by about a fender, and by the 1/4 I had pulled about 1 car ahead and was gaining ground. The LT1 was basically stock but was a realistic 13.6-13.8sec car(depending on which set of tires hahhahaha). I'd say the mustang was just under a 14sec 1/4 both times we raced. Very consistent races both times so I cant say that there was any left out on the pavement(except my tires).

Just my experience. I dont see the ol bird pulling on one by much more than 3 cars by the 130mph mark(an LS1 would do a bit better of course).

BTW, I am not biased nor a hater of stangs or a proud gm guy. It was good times, and it was friendly(although they stopped the **** talking after I made the ol clunker pull on em). I actually drove the stang afterwards for about 10 miles through some windy roads. Really nice interiors and easy as hell to drive, but still didnt feel like a nimble fbody. Felt more tank like, but it also had those refined comforts...

Anyways, enough rambling... Glad you had a good run Mystic. Your car would have probably beaten the ol formy LTx like it was sittin on jack stands in my front yard
Old 11-22-2010, 11:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GIVE EM' THE BIRD
I will chime in with my experience racing the 3V. I raced an 06 in my LT1 car a few years back. It was an auto with a catback, intake, and gears. We raced from a dig twice and BOTH times it out launched me(I was on 245's) by the end of the 1/8 we were just about neck and neck me losing by about a fender, and by the 1/4 I had pulled about 1 car ahead and was gaining ground. The LT1 was basically stock but was a realistic 13.6-13.8sec car(depending on which set of tires hahhahaha). I'd say the mustang was just under a 14sec 1/4 both times we raced. Very consistent races both times so I cant say that there was any left out on the pavement(except my tires).

Just my experience. I dont see the ol bird pulling on one by much more than 3 cars by the 130mph mark(an LS1 would do a bit better of course).

BTW, I am not biased nor a hater of stangs or a proud gm guy. It was good times, and it was friendly(although they stopped the **** talking after I made the ol clunker pull on em). I actually drove the stang afterwards for about 10 miles through some windy roads. Really nice interiors and easy as hell to drive, but still didnt feel like a nimble fbody. Felt more tank like, but it also had those refined comforts...

Anyways, enough rambling... Glad you had a good run Mystic. Your car would have probably beaten the ol formy LTx like it was sittin on jack stands in my front yard
Thanks man. Watch out for people calling BS on your story now too lol. If an LT1 can pull a 3 valve on the top end, i don't see why a healthy running LS1 can't pull a couple buses on one on the highway.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:59 PM
Teching In

I know traps is what matters my point is your saying they are slow. Now even then traps aren't much apart which is leading to everyone calling BS but, it's hopeless to explain things to you.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Banned

I know traps is what matters my point is your saying they are slow. Now even then traps aren't much apart which is leading to everyone calling BS but, it's hopeless to explain things to you.
Dude, were you ******* there or not?? NO. So quit trying to tell me what happened and what didn't happen. It's really getting old. Just because your team lost by a large margin, you refuse to believe it. You are the hopeless one.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Teching In

My team I'm not on anyones team. If your calling me a nutswinger you are way off as I am part of the canton lsx crew on here and go to all of the meets. Unlike you I know what both cars are cabable of doing that is why I am trying to explain to you. You are right though I am hopeless, for what exactly?
Old 11-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mystic Z-28
Lol did you have 2 spark plugs out or something? That's pathetic.
Well obviously your brain dead, to you that might be pathetic but my car would *** rape yours, and I'm not being a cocky **** like you, I'm just being dead honest. All your doing is pissing people off and not convincing anyone in any way that you are right, your stock *** car isn't going to murder a 3 valve unless the guy was racing you with the accel button on his cruise control, get over it.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:28 AM
***Repost Police***

Yeah and I'm the cocky one here?? Bring it on. When you want to do this?
Oh look another ''cocky'' comment.
Yeah you don't care at all what i say but you keep reading it and responding to what i say? LOL
Mhm, the cockiness just keep spilling all over in here.
It has been done.
Lol did you have 2 spark plugs out or something? That's pathetic.
I'm sorry that i don't have time sit on here all day long and answer to every fanboy post on here within 5 minutes. I live in Nebraska.

I still fail to see where i have been cocky. Except maybe when i called 3 valves slow...which they kind of are...but you guys started in on me by saying i was lying or full of **** about the 7 or 8 car lengths. Which i'm not. It happened, get over it. And yes the guy in the ******* mustang was trying. Get over that also. What reason do i have to lie to a bunch of strangers on a car forum?
And please, GOD DAMNIT learn how to use the multi-quote.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JM0523
Well obviously your brain dead, to you that might be pathetic but my car would *** rape yours, and I'm not being a cocky **** like you, I'm just being dead honest. All your doing is pissing people off and not convincing anyone in any way that you are right, your stock *** car isn't going to murder a 3 valve unless the guy was racing you with the accel button on his cruise control, get over it.
LMFAO! That has got to be one of the biggest contradictions I've ever seen.

I would sure hope that your car could ''*** rape'' mine being it has a 100 shot. Take it off though and i bet the tables would turn. Since you can't even pull a full car on a 3 valve.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:48 AM
Banned

My team I'm not on anyones team. If your calling me a nutswinger you are way off as I am part of the canton lsx crew on here and go to all of the meets. Unlike you I know what both cars are cabable of doing that is why I am trying to explain to you. You are right though I am hopeless, for what exactly?
Not all cars run the same, genius. Quit acting like you were there watching the race.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kid, you may have pulled 7-8 cars on this mustang, but you are still ******* retarded...
Old 11-23-2010, 02:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Kid, you may have pulled 7-8 cars on this mustang, but you are still ******* retarded...
Why, because I won't back down from all the people on here saying i don't know what really happened in my race, or calling me a liar? Way to be original also!
Old 11-23-2010, 02:38 AM
Teching In

Nope they don't but, they also don't run 2 seconds slower then the other cars. Even if your car was a factory freak it'd still only be a low 13 second car guarnteed. If you were closer I'd be more then happy to have a local intake and tune 3v run you at the track. Then take it out to the highway and you give it 4 cars and a second head start. Just admit that something was wrong and everyone will get off your back.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:39 AM
11 Second Club

Why, because I won't back down from all the people on here saying i don't know what really happened in my race, or calling me a liar? Way to be original also!
No, your maturity in handling the situation, and being the biggest ricer in the thread.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
No, your maturity in handling the situation, and being the biggest ricer in the thread.
Oh yeah because ''mature'' people go around calling people ******* retarded. Nice try.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:49 AM
Banned

Nope they don't but, they also don't run 2 seconds slower then the other cars. Even if your car was a factory freak it'd still only be a low 13 second car guarnteed. If you were closer I'd be more then happy to have a local intake and tune 3v run you at the track. Then take it out to the highway and you give it 4 cars and a second head start. Just admit that something was wrong and everyone will get off your back.
Where the hell are you getting 2 seconds from now?? 7-8 cars does not equal 2 seconds lol. And we raced well past a 1/4 mile, so why are you still talking about all this 1/4 ET bullshit like it has anything to do with what happened? The only think you should be talking about is trap speeds.

Jesus christ it really eats away at you people's souls to know that i put that many cars on a probably stock 3 valve, doesn't it?
Old 11-23-2010, 02:56 AM
11 Second Club

Oh yeah because ''mature'' people go around calling people ******* retarded. Nice try.
After 2 pages of your butt hurt rants and name calling, I am pretty sure my maturity can slip up a little bit in order to establish the truth.

Quick Reply: LS1 A4 vs 5 speed 3V Mustang GT