Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2010 Camaro SS vs. 1995 Mustang 5.SLOW

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 01:37 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A 106-107mph car racing a 106mph car... sounds like a pretty damn close race to me.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I expected to get beat, which is why after the first run when I reeled him in, I chalked it up to him being in the wrong gear/rpm...which is why I wanted to go from like a 35...then he wouldn't slow down so I thought **** it now I will see what happens. I am just as surprised as you are but I have no reason to lie about it...my car is not fast at all. After these 2 runs the idiot refused to drive slower than 90mph so I couldn't even get another run because I'm not racing from a 90mph roll as soon as I would have to shift into 5th he would have reeled me hard, and I don't go WOT in OD (5th for me) anyway.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill man, Haters are gonna hate haha. I'm guessing its a l99 and the outcome makes perfect sense if anyone knows anything about them.

stock l99 typically dyno around 310-325 at the wheels, then you add in the fact that they weight 3800lbs vs a car that makes 300 at the wheels and is only ~3200lbs.... how anyone can call BS on that is beyond me?
Old 11-29-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friends stock SS runs low 13s spinning the tires and it traps 111
Old 11-29-2010, 02:04 PM
***Repost Police***

Is it a 6spd or an automatic?
Old 11-29-2010, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im not saying its bs at all just look at what you guys are saying.. l99 traps 105?.. right? The op traps 106? right?? If the SS gets the hit how could a car so close together in trap speed the other come around and put 1.5 cars on him.. I dont get that part.. I think the op did beat a SS camaro .. hell maybe even a ls3.. The street is the street and anything could have happen on the street.. SO good kill man !!
Old 11-29-2010, 02:08 PM
***Repost Police***

Maybe a dead spot/wrong gear? Is 60mph a bad spot for the A6?
Old 11-29-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh buddy car is a 6spd car SS
Old 11-29-2010, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im thinking his mustang had better Throttle response and thats what caught him up and a weight factor.. Who knows if SS was still to low in rpm and mustang still came around him.. All i know its not a good story to tell for the ss lol
Old 11-29-2010, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Who cares he was down for the race, if he didn't know what he was doing, he should not have raced. He will eventually learn, tell then he will get beat by good drivers with slower rides. Good kill OP
Old 11-29-2010, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

I love how mystic Z28 calls BS on a believable story that isnt claiming some rediculous amount of cars gained......but got so damn butt hurt when people called BS on his 3v mustang story where he claimed a 7 car pull or some **** with the mustang getting the hit.
He is definitely a mustang hater.

I dont care for most mustangs but I give respect when its due and especially if the guy actually knows cars. who cares about brands.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyelf
i love how mystic z28 calls bs on a believable story that isnt claiming some rediculous amount of cars gained......but got so damn butt hurt when people called bs on his 3v mustang story where he claimed a 7 car pull or some **** with the mustang getting the hit.

I dont care for most mustangs but i give respect when its due and especially if the guy actually knows cars. Who cares about brands.
amen!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 03:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mystic Z-28
Even if it was an L99, the camaro still should have won.
How? Snake is ~600 lbs lighter, making ~15 less rwhp, has better gears, and a manual that was in the correct gear @ the correct rpm (better aero if you wanna throw that in). They trap within 1-2 mph, meaning it's going to be a close race. Giving up the hit on an auto just means he has time to downshift, which means it's going to be an even race...unless snake gave up like a 3 second head start. This kill makes perfect sense. Let's remember he didn't say he walked out on it, just that he was a tad over a car out in front.

Care to breakdown why you called BS?
Old 11-29-2010, 03:35 PM
12 Second Club

I love how mystic Z28 calls BS on a believable story that isnt claiming some rediculous amount of cars gained......but got so damn butt hurt when people called BS on his 3v mustang story where he claimed a 7 car pull or some **** with the mustang getting the hit.

I dont care for most mustangs but I give respect when its due and especially if the guy actually knows cars. who cares about brands.
Troof.

Unfortunately for all of us, we will have to live with him and his immaturity until the (inevitable) day of his banning.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:35 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by WSsick
How? Snake is ~600 lbs lighter, making ~15 less rwhp, has better gears, and a manual that was in the correct gear @ the correct rpm (better aero if you wanna throw that in). They trap within 1-2 mph, meaning it's going to be a close race. Giving up the hit on an auto just means he has time to downshift, which means it's going to be an even race...unless snake gave up like a 3 second head start. This kill makes perfect sense. Let's remember he didn't say he walked out on it, just that he was a tad over a car out in front.

Care to breakdown why you called BS?
Yep, pretty much on both accounts.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Regular

I actually like you mustang guys around here, yeah at first I was a bit confused seeing so many mustang guys on an ls1 forum but you all have great insight. If it wasnt for all of you I would have never known what a mach 1 is or that I actually need to watchout for them!
Old 11-29-2010, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
While I wouldn't call them "lemons" (I know you aren't being serious), they are dogs on the stock tune. Torque management and the like kill those cars.

Just looking at Camaro5's "FASTEST" list (stock), most L99's are trapping 106/107, which means it is a pretty close race for snake.
Right, and what does the OP's car trap, 104-105? It seems very unlikely the Camaro gets the hit and op finds his way around him both races.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Right, and what does the OP's car trap, 104-105? It seems very unlikely the Camaro gets the hit and op finds his way around him both races.
You seem to be forgetting that those numbers are from the "FASTEST" list, meaning those are the quickest ones they've had on their board. Does that mean every other L99 will trap the same? Nope, I;m sure there are plenty trapping lower than 106.

And seriously, 1-2 mph isn't a big difference itself. That can definitely be overcome.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Banned

I actually like you mustang guys around here, yeah at first I was a bit confused seeing so many mustang guys on an ls1 forum but you all have great insight. If it wasnt for all of you I would have never known what a mach 1 is or that I actually need to watchout for them!
How the hell could you not know what a Mach 1 was? And I think the OP raced an LS3 that started in 4th gear.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Thanks guys.

I didn't say I pulled a wheelie past him and beat him by 8 semis, I just said I casually strolled around him from 60-110, as soon as I heard his car roar, I stomped it and then my WOT exhaust drowned out any other sound so I could not hear **** when I was wide open, before that when I heard him hit it I was just part throttle at about 4000 rpms in 3rd. He could have had passengers in the car, I was by myself. He could have been in a dead spot, who knows? Jesus, listen to me, making ******* excuses for the Camaro. The breakdown of my pull was this: from 60-85 I pulled hardest, from 85-110 it was slow and we stopped around 110 with me a car and some change ahead.

Without a doubt, if it was a wide open highway and we went to higher speeds where I had to use 5th, he would have walked around me, but that isn't what happened. A lot of variables could be the reason: 6spd and driver was terrible, had people in the car, was running on 6 cylinders, possum got in the intake and was a huge restriction, his arms mod wasn't working correctly, either way I would not lie. I would gladly post a loss if I lost, unfortunately I hardly get ANY races around here.

Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro SS vs. 1995 Mustang 5.SLOW