Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

stock 510 HP Viper vs stock 436 HP Vette

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant believe this stock vs stock discussion is still going on...
Old 12-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Launching!

here is the full popular mechanics article to show the 06 viper being faster at streets of willow than the 06 z06 and the z06 runnin 12.0 at 121 to the vipers 12.1 at 121

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...4217681?page=2

cant wait to see a comparison between the non acr 2010 viper and 2011 z06 carbon!!!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
Come on, there's smugs in every class of car owner. Not just the exotic cars. :bang: I've talked to a few, most of them are down to earth. But as I said, they come in any vehicle type, age or gender.

As for the lambo, OK, I can see about not having dealers around so that makes sense.

I see, you rather stand out in the biggest boat than the exotic car! Different strokes for different folks.

As for the ZR1, yeap, you would fit right in. 1 in 10 might catch it only because of the emblems on the car.

I can think of other things in that price range, but each their own I always say.

As for under the radar, I'm not racing for cash or pinks. I'll leave it at that

Oh, you might not fit that catagory above, you still own your f-body. I'm giving you a hard time.
I can agree with that, sort of. I mean someone being smug in any car sucks *****, of course. For me, I'm not saying I wouldn't want a Lambo, just not where I live (have you drove northern ontario roads- not likely lol). Aside from that, I couldn't justify that much on a car, that's just not me. Not everyone is the type to spend the MOST they can afford on a ride. That's not me at all. If it was, I'd be driving a c6 Z06 now wouldn't I? I have a house to buy and would rather bank some cash for when the youngens make it to school, even though I don't have to, that's my plan. Sure I could go buy a new one this spring, I just don't want it bad enough I guess. Me and my lady just wanted something cool and fun to cruise in and would rather spend our hard earned cash on things we actually want, not expensive cars to look good. All car guys are NOT the same. Look at my parents, lot o' cash and absolute BORING choices for vehicles. I know a few dairy farm owners that would easily be able to justify the 300 000 big ones on a new fancy field tractor, but you'll only catch them driving park avenues (hers) and pickups (his), not Lambos. Get my point? Just sayin'. Thanks for the ball bust btw lol.
Originally Posted by Killemall
Im about to get real as a ***** Fuc$a here for a sec

I like to egg things on..Ill be the first to admit that..I like pissin people off and seeing there responses..This timne I targeted ls2 vette owners..Usually its GTO's (wich I really hate)..But Id rock a ls2 in a heart beat if thats what i was limited to..Its a new style vette for crying out loud..high12's aint fast compared to what im used to...But it sure aint slow..

heres were i get real

Some of you are saying blah blah blah I wouldnt want a Lambo/Viper/GTR ect. They are ***** extensions and those people just want to get nloticed and cant even work on there own car...

im not singling anyone out because more than a few have said somthing along these lines...

SHUT THE F*CK UP YOU LYING BASTARDS

Lets get real for a second..if your driveing a car that cost less than 38K brand new..in many of the people saying these remarks their car wasnt worth 30K brand new...

then how in the f8ck do you have the right to say you wouldnt this and that...You simply cant. It's no secret that the average person cant afford a 48K new vette or Shelby or 40K used 2003 srt10 viper or 40k used C6Z06...if everyone could then 90% of us on this board would have one...

let alone 74-120K new Z06's vipers GTR's ZR1's ACR's...

And then some talk about not wanting a Lambo because it would get noticed..A 300K car when your trying to pimp out and mod a 27K car...

Im always honest..Even when I look stupid. Wich is quite often...So please..dont be a hater..A few of you are hateing on the more fortunate out there. They cant turn a wrench or they dont know anything about there car ect...

last week a guy went 7.99 in his TT viper on PUMP GAS

then he went 7.4 at 199 mph on race gas

You think this guy and his dad maybe know a thing or two about cars..how much ***** does it take to trapp 200 mph in the 1/4 mile.. These guys are setting records..

what about the other day when a TT lambo went 267 mph in 1 mile event..maybe he knows a thin g or two....Do you have what iot takes to go 267 mph?

Some of us are here because we have the cars and love them...Some of us are here because we had a camaro ect. and loved it...But moved onto other higher end cars..vettes..ctsv's ect..or Vipers ...A few members even moved on to lambos, ect. and still swing by from time to time...god bless em. they did well in the automotive part of their lifes...

Dosent mean they are better...Dosent even really mean they have money..They just moved on to a nicer car.And it surely dosent mean they play crochet or dont know how to turn a wrench or have a small dick or dont know about their car...

Those guys with the 600 rwhp NA C6Z06's and 2000 rwhp TT Vipers and 1700 rwhp supras and 1200 rwhp TT Lambos and 1300 rwhp TT FGT's...Those are the guys spending the time and money and pushing the car scene to heights its never been. Those are the guys setting 6 speed IRS records and 1 mile records.

THEY ARE THE ONES DUMPING 100K INTO A CAR TO PUSH THE BOUNDERIES

99% of us just sit back and imagine what it would be like to own a stock one and then tell others about the awesome vid we saw...So remember next time you wanna bullshit someone about how you wouldnt want this or that..How about you atleaste go buy a car that cost 80K but dosent get noticed...a black 550AMG perhaps. Those are around 450 HP and look just like any other regular mercedes 4 door you see..Just take off the AMG emblem and pretty much no one will know. Go buy one of those and back up your claim.

Until then you just an eagle standing on one leg holding out it's wings
I think I pegged you about right actually the first time. You seem to care too much about what others think (judging by your posts) and frankly I could care less ( others here probably couldn't either) about whether you think we are lying. Remember, you are the one who cares what others think, not us I can only speak for myself here but NO, I would NOT want to own a Lambo, where I live, for that price. Like it or not, that's the truth. I like being real too, so when are you going to start "getting real"? We don't all think like you. Now if I lived in Florida and was offered a $300,000 Lambo would I take it? Hell yeah!!! Then, I'd sell the focker and grab my ZR1 and a vacation. See where I'm coming from? To each their own, and remember, next time you call out a pot, don't be a kettle. I can afford a LOT more than what I'm driving btw, just for your information, not all of us are posers who buy what OTHERS think we should lol. I'm just bustin' your ***** little, but I speak the truth though as well, and mean what I say for the most part. I agree with much of what you said, just not the stuff that really matters. You're a little long winded, kind of like reading a magazine- some parts are boring, some are not, bust most of it is subjective mumbo jumbo lol

Ls2 vette guys hate you almost as much as GTO guys I bet. But most of your "targetting" is actully just more subjective mumbo jumbo. Bad case of subjectivitis and lookatmeathritis maybe? lol just jokin'

ps. VIP'ers are overpriced and sound like *** imo, and only reserved for those VIPs looking to make big "raw wheel horsepower".

Last edited by oddwraith; 12-22-2010 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Speeling and clarifuncation.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Oh really? Too bad your not closer so I could drag you up and down the road in my bolt on car.

And to that Viper guy talking all that crap, the bolt on ls2 record is in the 10.60's fwiw. My car personally has gone a best of 11.20 bolt ons and I still have the slip. Now what's the Gen 3 Viper record again?
Well since we are referring to a stock car it doesnt apply BUT it sure is as hame I dont isnt it.

Last edited by necrocannibal; 12-22-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Teching In

I'm done wasting my time on this thread. At first I thought Killemall was pretty cool until the past week from all the garbage he's posted about the Viper and himself. Now I've met some pretty cool Viper owners who track their cars and run FAST times and are the nicest people I've ever met who DON'T subscribe to this "elitist" attitude that Killemall has been flaunting lately. Honestly, I don't doubt that you guys hate Viper owners if you've only ever met ones like Killemall.

Thanks for the laughs.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr370z
I'm done wasting my time on this thread. At first I thought Killemall was pretty cool until the past week from all the garbage he's posted about the Viper and himself. Now I've met some pretty cool Viper owners who track their cars and run FAST times and are the nicest people I've ever met who DON'T subscribe to this "elitist" attitude that Killemall has been flaunting lately. Honestly, I don't doubt that you guys hate Viper owners if you've only ever met ones like Killemall.

Thanks for the laughs.
Yeah thanks goes to Kill, even though he sort of got a bad rap here. He still gave us something to squabble about, so thanks.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

here is the full popular mechanics article to show the 06 viper being faster at streets of willow than the 06 z06 and the z06 runnin 12.0 at 121 to the vipers 12.1 at 121

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars...4217681?page=2

cant wait to see a comparison between the non acr 2010 viper and 2011 z06 carbon!!!!!
LOLWUT???

Magazines, The NEW 1/4 mile!!
Old 12-22-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Not everyone is the type to spend the MOST they can afford on a ride. That's not me at all. If it was, I'd be driving a c6 Z06 now wouldn't I? I have a house to buy and would rather bank some cash for when the youngens make it to school, even though I don't have to, that's my plan. All car guys are NOT the same.
Completely agree. My dad told me he'd pay for all of my college but I worked my tail off to get at least half off scholarship to a local state school (hard to do over a private school). I feel I'll be the same way

As you said though, not all car guys are the same. To each their own
Old 12-22-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn it, I cant believe i just stepped into another Killemall poop shoot.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

No...Not at all..I had a 1999 and 2003 and drag tested em both..99 viper with 20 passes went a best of 12.3 at 119 mph with intake and roller rockers...2003 with intake and roller rockers went a best of 11.9 at 122 mph...both 2.0 60 foots

The differance is that they took a car that was faster than just about everything and mad it even a lil faster...In 2002 when the gen2 Viper ceased thre was nothing really touching it. Every body ws oohing and aahing over the C5Z06 that was nearly 1/2 a second slower...Thats just how fast it was in 2002...So the 2003 srt10 being a few tenths and few mph faster was just iceing on the cake.

The C6 on the other hand..Well lets be honest at that point a common 35K 03 cobra was faster than th 50K vette at that point...The LS2 vette maybe was a 1-2mph faster than the Cobra..

they needed to make the vette a LOT faster....Viper really was allready fast or pretty much the fastest! So just a lil was needed..

Now in 2005 whenthe FGT came out it was a differant game and when the Z06 came out in 2006 got dayum cars were trapping mid 120's plus with ease now and low 120's was cutting it. A big increase was needed and that why the 600 HP bomb was dropped...

Butg honestly in 2003 and 2004 what cars do you remember being faster than a srt10? It even beat the FGt in the head to head comparison were they both went 11.7 but the srt's was a slightly lower 11.7
This is the test your referring to: 04 Viper - 05 Ford GT
Viper was 0.1 tenth quicker but trapped less!

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ecs_price.html

another head to head comparison is the 09 viper vs 05 ford gt.

http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtest...5-ford-gt.html

SAME YEAR- 2006 Corvette zo6 vs 2006 Ford GT vs 2006 Viper SRT10
Viper was the slowest and trapped the least

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ecs_price.html

FORD GT TESTED BY MOTORTREND- 11.2 AT 131.2. Still till this day there is no VIPER or Vette that has Hit those numbers bone stock as far as a mags and website testing is concerned. The zr1 is VERY close though!

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...uspension.html

Last edited by demarco313; 12-22-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Killemall if I wanted a Viper there would be one in my driveway so your argument that I am a hater because I can't afford one doesn't work. I will tell why I don't like them. I think they don't look that great. I can buy a few different cars that perrform as well if not better for therefore same or less money. They aren't fun to drive in my opinion, sure they perform well but they aren't fun to me. Lastly every Viper owner I have met just bought it because they could, they don't use it for what it was built for what fun is a meet if the idea of fun for most owners is obeying traffic laws and looking cool. There may be a few owners that use their car, Nine Ball and Trust come to mind but I don't know them on a personal level and they are on the other side of the country from me. Now continue talking up the Viper with magazine articles and the acheivements of the few that use their car, I notice your car isn't on most of the fastest lists so that kind of tells me what category of Owner you fall into.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:22 PM

Loved when that ws6 smoked that viper
Old 12-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Teching In

I dont think they look that good, even if they do "grab" your attention. The interior is nasty, the gauges look like cheap autometer ultra lites, the console is shoddy. It is what it is, a DODGE.

And all of those people "building" their cars aren't doing it themselves. They are paying shops to do it. Just like they are paying the dealer for a turn key performance car. Not my style.

And how is a viper a good platform when it needs to be modded to beat a civic? Just playin
Old 12-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by demarco313
FORD GT TESTED BY MOTORTREND- 11.2 AT 131.2. Still till this day there is no VIPER or Vette that has Hit those numbers bone stock as far as a mags and website testing is concerned. The zr1 is VERY close though!
Ranger has gone 10.71@133 BONE-STOCK in a ZR1 with actual footage of that run. Far better than any magazine time you can quote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woOqq...er_profilepage
Old 12-23-2010, 12:16 AM
Launching!

lol......good times guys..good times...In general I just like talking about this crap...When ever Ive got new mods brewing and my car is gone I get a lil crazy and miss my baby...

All will be back to normal soon...

for the record I think the VIPER is simply amazeing across the board...

But my car hasnt went 7's or my car didnt cost 110K brand new and my car didnt do the ring in 7.22...My car didnt destroy the Z06 in head to head comparisons or beat the Zr1 from 0-150 in several differant test..My car also didnt dyno 2000 rwhp via TT..

My car didnt do any of that...im proud that I gave a cammed c6z06 some amazingly close races for just haveing bolt ons and Im proud my last two rces against 600 awhp GTR's went favorably for me...But Ive had more than my share of losses as well..

When I get long winded Im talking about the Viper in general. Not my specific car. Many of you have built your cars that could dust my RAW HP Viper...LOL...trust me reguardless of any car you did it in (other than GTO) I would give you props...makeing a 13 second car beat an 11 second car is never as easy as people make it seem...Not a mirical either but I would defiently show you respect. Ive even went as far as taking the Viper emblem off of one of my vipers after looseing and giving it to the winner...

For all the trash I talk when it really comes down to it I just love the game...
Old 12-23-2010, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Ranger has gone 10.71@133 BONE-STOCK in a ZR1 with actual footage of that run. Far better than any magazine time you can quote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woOqq...er_profilepage
that 131 mph time for the FGT is BS...No personal owener has ever done better than 126 mph....

heres a real life no BS no excuses list I created a while back
Old 12-23-2010, 12:34 AM
Launching!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

****I LOVE VETTES, VIPERS, FORDGT'S AND DRAG RACEING AND HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS LITTLE BY LITTLE FOR 2 YEARS NOW...I GO BY KILLEMALL OR TWISTER OR TORNADO OR SNAKEY DEPENDING IN WHICH FORUM IM ON....I SINCERELY HOPE THAT YOU FIND THIS COMPILATION USEFUL FOR BAR/WORK ARGUMENTS AND UP TO DATE****

***IN 1990 CHEVY GAVE US THE MONSTER THAT REALLY STARTED IT ALL...THE ZR1***

1990-1995 ZR1 (375-405 HP) *created by me*

JeffVette...1990...12.60@113.0mph
ZrWon.......????...12.89@112.0mph
ZrDon.......1990...12.97@113.0mph
LanJet......1994...12.99@110.0mph
ChrisLester1990...13.13@113.0mph
Zr168.......????....13.20@110.0mph
Scoob.......????...13.41@107.4mph
VetteGuy..1991...13.70@107.0mph

*** BUT DODGE HAD PLANS TO TAKE THE CROWN AND BUILT THE VIPER RT10...BUT WAS IT ENOUGH***

Gen1 1992-1996 RT10 Viper (385-400 HP) *ceated by me*

Rich detert...1994RT10...12.3...111mph
Jcarter........1994RT10....12.6...116mph
Bill..............1994RT10....12.9...109mph
MrJ.............1992RT10....13.4...106mph

***WITH THE ZR1 A LIL TO CLOSE FOR COMFORT TO THE RT10 DODGE ADDED 50 HP AND A GTS COUPE TO SEAL THE DEAL***

GEN 2 1996-2002 GTS @ 1997-2002 RT10 (450 HP) (ACR Vipers are 460 HP) *created by me*

JamieFurman..????ACR.....11.6...122mph
EvanSmith.....2001RT10....11.7...120mph
Z06vrsViper...2001RT10....11.7...119mph
JimNordgren...1996GTS.....11.7...119mph
SilverViper...****GTS......11.8...120mph
Jeffhelms.....2000ACR.......11.8...119mph
KeithBraitly..1996GTS.......11.8...118mph
KevinMcdonald.2001RT10..11.8...117mph
JeffTyler.....1996GTS.......11.9...121mph
SocalRebel....2000RT10....12.0...120mph
MrMe..........2000RT10.....12.0...116mph
JamieParker...1996GTS.....12.1...120mph
Jcarter.......1999GTS.......12.2...120mph
RickD.........2000GTS.......12.3...121mph
HowardGoldman.2001GTS..12.3...118mph

***BUT CHEVY WASNT TO SIT ON IT'S HEELS AND BUILT A MUCH CLOSER COMPETITOR WITH THE Z06***

C5Z06 2001-2004 (385-405 HP) *created by corvetteforum*

11.783 @ 116.90--1.818--J-Rod
11.818 @ 117.26--1.783--Ranger
11.844 @ 117.91--1.761--Gary2004Z06
11.93x @ 119.xx--1.xxx --Esoteric
11.97x @ 118.80--1.90x--GMHTP
11.99x @ 117.61--1.xxx --02Z06Racer
12.048 @ 115.92--1.866--pwrshfd
12.08x @ 115.95--1.83x--Pray
12.131 @ 120.65--1.970--zapp109
12.205 @ 117.96--1.91x--Nat04Z06
12.21x @ 112.XX--1.87x--Blue Angel
12.227 @ 115.09--2.011--ZR WON
12.25x @ 117.xx--1.xxx --J Z06
12.27x @ 115.16--1.957--SpeedFreak

***DODGE SEEING WHAT THE Z06 WAS CAPABLE OF SAW THE NEED FOR A ANOTHER 50 HP....BUT IT WASNT THE Z06 THE VIPER REALLY NEEDED TO FEAR***

GEN 3 SRT10 2003-2006 Viper (510 HP) *created by me*

SpeedFreak..2006Vert...11.5...122.6mph
ViperJim.......2003Vert...11.5...121mph
JustinBell......2003Vert..11.7...123.6mph
JohnMyrick....2003Vert..11.8...122.9mph
UtahViper......2003Vert..11.8...119mph
Outfan2929...2003Vert..11.8...119mph
RickMay........2004Vert..11.9...123mph
Eagle............2004Vert..11.9....123mph
Dman............2003vert..11.9...122.3mph
Hamrhead...2006Coupe..11.9...122mph
Ulllose...........2003Vert..11.9...121mph
Boosted349..2006Coupe.12.0 at 121 mph
TomDickson....2004Vert..12.0...118mph
MrJ..............2003Vert...12.2...120mph
RickMartino...2003Vert...12.1...118mph

***IT WAS THE FORD GT...FORD SURPRISED EVERYONE WITH IT'S NEW BEASTE ON THE STREETS THAT COULD OUT RUN THE NEW VIPER AND RUN LAPPS AROUND THE Z06***

FordGT 2004-2006 (550 HP) *created by me*

Jamie Furman...11.54...126mph
Milton.............11.96...122.9mph
Chad..............12.00...122mph

***BUT CHEVY SHOCKED THE WORLD BUILDING A NEW AND FASTER Z06 WITH 100 MORE HP THAT MADE THE VIPER LOOK SLOW AND THE FORD GT A LITTLE TIMID***

C6Z06 2006-present (505 HP) *created by corvetteforum*

10.981 @ 128.90--1.77---Jamie furman
11.138 @ 127.20--1.76---Ranger
11.198 @ 123.75--1.81---walterm32
11.242 @ 122.38--1.68---Dr.Ron
11.311 @ 122.89--1.80---BLU-BY-U
11.349 @ 124.97--1.75---zosix427
11.392 @ 124.84--1.92--- C5 Frank
11.429 @ 124.88--1.86---dgdoc
11.443 @ 125.93--1.95---O7zeeO6
11.458 @ 124.13--1.80--- layjzay
11.488 @ 123.86--1.80---Z06kait
11.545 @ 123.16--1.83---dpracing
11.554 @ 124.13--1.86---jtfx
11.557 @ 126.68--1.95---Incon306
11.560 @ 124.53--1.85---Zlicious

***BUT THEN THE VIPER SHED IT'S SKIN REVEALING AN ADDITIONAL 95 HORSE POWER AND JUST ENOUGH TO AGAIN BE CROWNED KING OF THE HILL BY BARELY EDGING OUT THE C6Z06***

GEN4 2008-2010 SRT10 Viper (600 HP) *created by me*

Jamie Furman.....VERT...10.92@129.7mph
Jamie Furman.....ACR......11.07@129.8mph
Utah Viper.......????.....11.19@126.2mph
EvanSith.........????.....11.39@129.7mph
1BadGts..........????.....11.45@127.0mph
Mkb96Viper.......????.....11.54@124.5mph
Live2Race........????.....11.56@129.7mph
FikseGts.........????.....11.60@125.3mph
BW...............????.....11.60@124.8mph
Ray..............COUPE....11.65@129.3mph

***BUT SHORT LIVED THE VIPERS REIGHN WAS INDEED AS THE ONE THAT STARTED IT ALL HAS NOW FINISHED IT..THE NEW ZR1 HIT THE TRACKS WITH AN ADDITIONAL 233 HORSE POWER FROM IT'S 405 HORSE POWER ROOTS AND HAS SINCE BEEN THE DOMINANT THREAT TO ALL OPOSERS***

2009-present ZR1 (638 HP) *created by me*

Jamie Furman......10.79@132.2mph
Racerns.............10.85@129.89mph
Howydo.............12.00@131.0mph

that fgt 131 mph stuff is bs..same day testing had it really no faster than the gen3 viper
Old 12-23-2010, 12:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

have we ever told you that you're the worst speller on this forum?

Old 12-23-2010, 02:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I dont think they look that good, even if they do "grab" your attention. The interior is nasty, the gauges look like cheap autometer ultra lites, the console is shoddy. It is what it is, a DODGE.

And all of those people "building" their cars aren't doing it themselves. They are paying shops to do it. Just like they are paying the dealer for a turn key performance car. Not my style.

And how is a viper a good platform when it needs to be modded to beat a civic? Just playin
You are absolutely obsessed with interiors, aren't you? I swear that's like the 5th or 6th post you've put up about how crappy the Viper's interiors are. Yes, we all know they're pretty bad but that doesn't make the whole car rotten!
Old 12-23-2010, 03:08 AM
Launching!

-I mean really?????The viper seats are some of the best in the buisness and nothing but praised for there lateral support ect in the srt10's...

-The shifter is big and bulky but easy to latch on too...

-Those white guages are like that because they are easy to see....They are laid out in a fashion easy to view while road racing and you only see what you need to see.

-That white speedo reads 220 mph! And it will really do 193 mph even in the convertable..196 for the coupe...(C6Z06 will really do 198 mph but cheapily they left the base vette speedometer of 200 mph in the car...why not 220-225)

-The interior is purpose built for road raceing..remember it is not an everyday car. it is a weekend warrior/track car

-sure it looks crazy badd for a car costing up to 110K..Ill give you that. But it looks a lot better than interiors you see on random 30-40K cars...Just the fact that the steering wheel has a snake head in the middle is somthing somthing..I honestly think a audi r8 interior looks wayy better than the gallardo interior...saw em both up close and personal..but theres just somthing kool about that bull...That rageing bull with the gallardo that makes me still prefer it over the interior of the R8.

Likewise...The word VIPER going across the seats and sills and snakes with open mouth and fangs showing gives the car its own personality......Lambo has the bull..ferrari has the prancing horse. Mustangs have the cobra..Viper has the snake head...

Honestly Id pick a vette anyday over a mustang...A 03 cobra is really nothing more than a mustang with a supercharger when it really comes down to it...Would I take a 2003 mustang GT with a built SC pushing 425 rwhp over a stock 03 vette. HELL NO....Would I take a 2003 mustang COBRA over a 2003 vette...MAYBE..

Again theres just some type of connection with cars and predatary animals...

Dosent seem like much but to many enthusiast this subtle little detail brings the car/interior to life. Its almost as a living creature more than just an autmobil.

not everyone is gonna feel this way...i get that. Some are just gonna look at the interior on my 91 nsx and say it was nicer than my 2003 srt10's interior..They are probally right. But ask me wich one made me more excited. Slipping into the 100% soft leather and sueade of my nsx or the leather and plastic of the srt10 Viper with those seats hugging my side and the snake hissing at me from the steering wheel andthe speedo reading 220 mph...

nsx is kool..But the letters NSX dont do anything for me like a pissed off snake!

Again...We are all differant. But raceing supportive seats and 220 mph speedos snakes showing there fangs makes me love the interior...If you just care about buttons and technology get a GTR..if you want all leather and fancy stitching get an nsx.....If you want cheap plastic made to look like expensive leather and seats youll slide out of in a turn get the corvette...

If you want a no creature comforts no traction control no cup holder car ment for weekend cruising or track days get the viper...

I do have to give the vette credit on the HUD...that is kool and I loved mine

Quick Reply: stock 510 HP Viper vs stock 436 HP Vette