Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran up against another '11 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011 | 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

Sort of off topic (or my response is just late to the party), but it is laughable at best to say the Camaro's recent sales overtaking the Mustang's has nothing to do with the fact that from 03-09 there WAS NO CAMARO. Take away the Mustang for 7 years, then advertise the **** out of it, hype it up, and so forth YEARS in advance, tell me it won't sell a **** ton (In the Camaro's case, just due to the fact that GM released a vehicle called the Camaro again. It could look like the most hideous piece of **** on the road and would sell ANYWAY, oh wait. )

Funny thing is that scenario will never have to happen, so people enjoying the Camaro being on top in sales (I don't even know if they are or not right now), enjoy your 15 minutes of fame.
Old 01-05-2011 | 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snake95
Sort of off topic (or my response is just late to the party), but it is laughable at best to say the Camaro's recent sales overtaking the Mustang's has nothing to do with the fact that from 03-09 there WAS NO CAMARO. Take away the Mustang for 7 years, then advertise the **** out of it, hype it up, and so forth YEARS in advance, tell me it won't sell a **** ton (In the Camaro's case, just due to the fact that GM released a vehicle called the Camaro again. It could look like the most hideous piece of **** on the road and would sell ANYWAY, oh wait. )

Funny thing is that scenario will never have to happen, so people enjoying the Camaro being on top in sales (I don't even know if they are or not right now), enjoy your 15 minutes of fame.
SHHHH! You can't say that. Damn you! (this was meant to be humorous not start **** in case anyone misunderstood that.)

Last edited by The Manalishi; 01-05-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-05-2011 | 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if people buy more of something, more people like that something. the camaro outsells vehicle X, because more people like the camaro than vehicle X. it happens.
Old 01-05-2011 | 04:50 PM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Cry much? I could give two ***** how my car sells as long as I like it. But anyways, wow you come off like a sour grape 5yr old kid mad that someone else got a toy.

So you're saying the only reason the camaro sold is because

a. they didnt make it for 7 years.
b. they hyped it up.
c. They could of thrown the word camaro on any car.

Tell GM how mad that makes you! Go buy a new Mustang.
Old 01-05-2011 | 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss1129
Cry much? I could give two ***** how my car sells as long as I like it. But anyways, wow you come off like a sour grape 5yr old kid mad that someone else got a toy.

So you're saying the only reason the camaro sold is because

a. they didnt make it for 7 years.
b. they hyped it up.
c. They could of thrown the word camaro on any car.

Tell GM how mad that makes you! Go buy a new Mustang.
ouch that hurt.
Old 01-05-2011 | 04:58 PM
TECH Regular

Not really. That was a horrible reply to said post.

The 5.0s haven't been out too long. I have a feeling this time next year you'll see different numbers.
Old 01-05-2011 | 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Not really. That was a horrible reply to said post.

The 5.0s haven't been out too long. I have a feeling this time next year you'll see different numbers.
That post was better than anything you've ever said in here.
Old 01-05-2011 | 05:26 PM
TECH Regular

You haven't been around long enough to see everything I've said.
Old 01-05-2011 | 05:28 PM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

LOL at the newb callling another newb newb.

LOL at myself for saying newb.
Old 01-05-2011 | 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like how it looks

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
That post was better than anything you've ever said in here.
I agree on this one
I have

Old 01-05-2011 | 05:43 PM
On The Tree

U bunch of newbs!! That's funny lol
Old 01-05-2011 | 05:43 PM
TECH Regular

LOL at the newb callling another newb newb.
LOL at myself for saying newb.
Now I never called him a newb ;-)

BTW I think the new Camaro is selling well because GM put out a decent car. People has been wanting a new Camaro for years now. GM did it, and did it nicely. Too bad there wont be any TAs.
Old 01-05-2011 | 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is too bad for sure. I don't know why they couldn't just rebadge (complete with screaming chicken and obligatory air ducts/ttops etc) an SS and call it the "Trans-Am edition" or some such thing. I love how the new SS looks though actually and am happy at least we got that.
Old 01-05-2011 | 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
And I think the point that some people are trying to get across is, the OP's mods aren't significant either. It's the same point that would be made if (for example) Kevin posted a kill of an i/h/e LT1 WS6, and then played it off like his car was actually faster. Everybody would say he beat the driver, and it would be the truth.
A 160K A4 LS1 car with no mods would probably lose to a 6 cylinder Mustang from a roll, the outcome is not a surprise. I bet the car was a 98 as well....
Old 01-05-2011 | 07:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
A 160K A4 LS1 car with no mods would probably lose to a 6 cylinder Mustang from a roll, the outcome is not a surprise. I bet the car was a 98 as well....
See that's the thing I don't get. People assume the '98s to perform poorly but i've never seen any real evidence of this. For the record, the car that Evan Smith wen't 12.8@108.8 in was a 1998 Z/28 M6. That was quicker than the 12.9x he ran in the 2001 SS.
Old 01-05-2011 | 07:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
See that's the thing I don't get. People assume the '98s to perform poorly but i've never seen any real evidence of this. For the record, the car that Evan Smith wen't 12.8@108.8 in was a 1998 Z/28 M6. That was quicker than the 12.9x he ran in the 2001 SS.
I agree but the 01 up cars did get the LS6 intake which did flow more which did improve rwhp which one would think improve acceleration, especially from a roll. I never understood why Evan never tried to better his times with an 01+ f body, unless he did and I didnt know. As far as the average joe goes the 01 + cars were indeed faster.
Old 01-05-2011 | 07:55 PM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

I agree but the 01 up cars did get the LS6 intake which did flow more which did improve rwhp which one would think improve acceleration, especially from a roll. I never understood why Evan never tried to better his times with an 01+ f body, unless he did and I didnt know. As far as the average joe goes the 01 + cars were indeed faster.
An ls1 is an ls1 is an ls1.

98s had bigger injectors and cams.

Then they put smaller cams in because of better manifolds.

Then they switched heads

then they switched intakes....ect ect. It all ended up the same hp numbers though.
Old 01-05-2011 | 08:04 PM
***Repost Police***

So if you put an early LS1 cam in one of the later LS1s, how much power will it make over stock?
Old 01-05-2011 | 08:18 PM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
So if you put an early LS1 cam in one of the later LS1s, how much power will it make over stock?
I dunno...it seems as if that would be a waste of time...kinda like putting in a hotcam.
Old 01-05-2011 | 08:18 PM
11 Second Club

An ls1 is an ls1 is an ls1.

98s had bigger injectors and cams.

Then they put smaller cams in because of better manifolds.

Then they switched heads

then they switched intakes....ect ect. It all ended up the same hp numbers though.
^^Bingo! If anything the LS6 intake is the only advantage an 01-02 would have over the 98-00, but even then the increase would be minimal.

Quick Reply: Ran up against another '11 5.0