Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

killed a 05 to 09 Mustang GT tonight. long read

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboyls1
maybe you'd fit in more at

www.slowricerpieceofshit15secintegra.com? you might have more respect for those people..also check
http://www.italkshitaboutfastercarst.../mywifeisugly/
Yeah! You tell him what's up!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmd_CL
i think its funny how fast the mustang drivers think their cars on...last saturday night i got to run a 2005 standard gt in my silverado...truck versus sports car, up til 120 i had him lol
The stang was probably messing around in the wrong gear. My buddy and I did that one night in his 2001 WS6, playing with a Maxima. We started in 6th and he beat us, so we raced again with us in 5th and he beat us, so we raced again in 4th, lol. It was funny and the guy had this big grin on his face like he just smoked an LS1. I'm sure he posted his "kill" on NissansAren'tSlow.com or whatever their site is.

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Motortrend tends to be full of ****. I'm sure you're aware of that though.
The numbers they posted seem pretty accurate in this case, even though the truck in question isn't an SS.

Originally Posted by bmd_CL
i havent been to the track yet after everything, im guessing high 13s low 14s...
Best of luck to you, it'd be badass to see your truck run that with those mods, but I'd honestly be suprised to see a 13's with the current setup. Definitely let us know
Old 02-18-2011, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
The numbers they posted seem pretty accurate in this case, even though the truck in question isn't an SS.
In this case yes they were. I don't think I'd run around any automotive sites quoting their times as gospel though.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

It really doesn't take much skill to run a slow automatic truck through a quarter mile. The MT time is almost identical to what Car and Driver and others ran in the same style truck. Some cars are more difficult to drive and get maximal performance but not an automatic truck. The MT article times are pretty realistic so I'm comfortable with quoting their times..
Old 02-19-2011, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

my truck is not an ss but stock the regular cab can beat a stock ss, as long as i dont have traction issues......and im not talking about beating the guy by a lot, it was like front bumper in a rough 1320... i just cant wait til i can take it to the track, probably wont be til after my cam tho
no more street racing for me for a while tho, got pulled over last night racing another mustang gt
Old 02-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bigboyls1
good kill OP, those mustangs look and sound good but are super slow without FI
Really? Then what does that make your car? Because I have 2 N/A Mustangs outside that would outrun your POS