Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

racing kill leads to issue with daughter

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 85CamaroZ28
Sounds NOT like my girlfriend (21). I had an 05 ish mustang with tribal decals all over it pull up next to me at a light while we were coming back from dinner. First chance to race since I got the car and there was NO ONE on the road. Light turns green and I proceed to very carefully...light up the tires through the intersection. . I start pulling on this stang when I start to hear, very faintly over the radio turning up, stop Stop STop STOP STOP! STOP!!!!!! She starts flailing at me and hitting me cause that seemed like the right thing to do at WOT. I had to get out of it around 60 so I was just a little ahead of the stang. She yelled at me some more all while I stopped at two more lights IN A ROW lined up with this guy and didn't try again. I was fuming
Sounds to me like valid grounds to kick her to the curb
Old 02-24-2011, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

I start pulling on this stang when I start to hear, very faintly over the radio turning up, stop Stop STop STOP STOP! STOP!!!!!! She starts flailing at me and hitting me cause that seemed like the right thing to do at WOT.

I've had a few girls freak out in the car but none have ever hit me, thank god.

A friend of mine awhile back actually slid down in his seat and started hyperventilating. We were only doing about 130 in a relatively slow car, but it was too much for him. It was a good laugh, for me at least.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1981TA
Certain details were left out in order to keep the initial blurb short (wide & well known stretch of road, dry conditions, no intersections or cars between the start point and end, and so on). Essentially, there's only so high one can accelerate in order to safely make a turn within 400 yards. I got it up to 60, I believe. This should, I hope, illustrate how big a POS the ricemobile was. It was truly all show and no go. But, I agree with the essence of your message. A total *****-out race with kids in the car is beyond stupid.
Thats not so bad i suppose, more like accelerating to the speed limit, we dont have any roads like that here probably why i never have races happen.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So it was you, your wife, your daughter, dog 1, and dog2 all in a thirdgen?? Woops, 81 is second gen but still!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Golf&GM
So it was you, your wife, your daughter, dog 1, and dog2 all in a thirdgen?? Woops, 81 is second gen but still!
They were in his G8
Old 02-24-2011, 04:02 PM
TECH Resident

So he was, I missed that. I read the username and the last sentence and just figured it'd be a Trans Am... skimming posts FTL.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:05 PM

Anytime bro, I wanted to make sure I told you so you could fix it before anyone else saw the mistake
Old 02-24-2011, 04:12 PM
TECH Resident

Ah oh well, that was the whole point of the post. I'd have to completely change it to something different too much work

On the subject of freaking girls out in cars, I've never been to do it in my TA yet probably cause it's a stock stall'd auto. I just get the "....really?" look.

Although, when I use to have a Jeep there was one stretch of road where I would drive through this one curve and put it right into a creek without touching the brakes. I'd drive in the water for a few hundred yards before getting back on the road. That freaked them out. Got hit a few times for that one
Old 02-24-2011, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The dogs are both barking footballs (er... poodle mutts), so they could share a seat in an F-body.

But alas, the G8 probably would beat the T/A in a stoplight race right now. Traction is a major problem with the T/A. I saw a thread where a guy put 315s in his 2nd Gen. I need to look into that carefully ( and avoid creeks ^ ^ ^ ^ )
Old 02-24-2011, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Golf&GM
WTF!? Did you not read the post? You need to get your **** straight!

LMAO! Just ******* with you, I see Screamin all ready hooked you up.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I see Screamin all ready hooked you up.
Damn, you saw that? I did the whole sneaky whisper thing and everything
Old 02-24-2011, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Damn, you saw that? I did the whole sneaky whisper thing and everything
Old 02-24-2011, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I start to hear, very faintly over the radio turning up, stop Stop STop STOP STOP! STOP!!!!!! She starts flailing at me and hitting me cause that seemed like the right thing to do at WOT. I had to get out of it around 60 so I was just a little ahead of the stang.
Break up with her. I've mostly had girls get nervous but definitely no hitting. You know you found the right girls when they get wet over racing
Old 02-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Staging Lane

I guess I'm lucky in that regard. My wife loves the sound of a nice lope, and a healthy exhaust note. My daughter (just turned 13) like to try and goad me into lighting up the tires at stop signs once we get out in the country. I'm dreading her driving anything with power, she'll be driving my TBI K1500 when she's old enough.

Last edited by Nomind; 02-24-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Break up with her. I've mostly had girls get nervous but definitely no hitting. You know you found the right girls when they get wet over racing
You had an LT1, that ain't scaring anyone unless we're talking "scary slow."
Old 02-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
Old 02-25-2011, 06:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Lol. I really loved my LT1, they were awesome when they came out for sure. I still like them however, "scary slow" or not
Old 02-25-2011, 06:57 AM

i cant say break up with her. My fiance freaks out bout me racing. hell i scared her in my formula the first day i got it just to make sure she didnt want to drive it ever. i raced a mustang in her blazer when we first started dating sad race. i beat the mustang by a car and a half. she was tripping and called me an arigant little boy. and swore i was not ever aloud to drive anything of hers again.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I'm going to go cry myself to sleep, now
Old 02-28-2011, 06:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1981TA
I observed all traffic laws. Even used my turn signal, albeit, just to rub salt in the wound.

It would be interesting to see that ricemobile again. I'd be tempted to run against him in my badass 5-cylinder Montana - capable of 9 second quarter miles (provided there is a 1/4 mile cliff nearby).

Sounds NOT like my girlfriend (21). I had an 05 ish mustang with tribal decals all over it pull up next to me at a light while we were coming back from dinner. First chance to race since I got the car and there was NO ONE on the road. Light turns green and I proceed to very carefully...light up the tires through the intersection. . I start pulling on this stang when I start to hear, very faintly over the radio turning up, stop Stop STop STOP STOP! STOP!!!!!! She starts flailing at me and hitting me cause that seemed like the right thing to do at WOT. I had to get out of it around 60 so I was just a little ahead of the stang. She yelled at me some more all while I stopped at two more lights IN A ROW lined up with this guy and didn't try again. I was fuming
No bueno man

All this talk about daughters, and them driving, really puts in perspective how old ya'll really are, or how young I am

Quick Reply: racing kill leads to issue with daughter