Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Road in the Competion today. 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Went to the track with one, mods in sig.

He trapped 111, almost 112 to my 110 almost 111.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:29 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlisle
I keep thinking a stock ls3 vette runs high 11's.. you really think a stang running 12.7's will cut into the 11's with just a intake and tune? I vote no.
It'd be pretty close, depending on where the track is, and the experience of the driver with the car.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:38 PM
On The Tree

LS3 Corvette>2011 Mustang GT, even with full exhaust, intake and tune.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:43 PM
***Repost Police***

You can say that all you want, doesn't mean it's true.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Average Joe
It's not only faster but it looks better, handles better, and sounds better too.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:13 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Mr370z
It's not only faster but it looks better, handles better, and sounds better too.
Duh, it's a Corvette
Old 02-28-2011, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

But Mr.Elevens, it is true, I have personally seen LS3 Vettes trap 119 and run 11.6 with tires, thats it! The Corvette dominates the Mustang in EVERY aspect of performance when it's just stock or even full bolt ons.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Duh, it's a Corvette
You forgot to bold sounds better, because it definitely does.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Gotta love them coyotes
That's more than an 'intake and tune' though javier. You'd have to be more specific when you say 'exhaust' though, some peoples definition includes LT's and complete aftermarket exhaust, while others are just a high flow muffler.. If he's had exhaust work done, I'm sure he has an intake, along with swapping the gears.

It's a beautiful car, and very well built. By no means am I saying it's not possible for a bolt-on and tuned 2011 to see high 11's, I just doubt an intake and tune would put him there.
I doubt that too

It'd be pretty close, depending on where the track is, and the experience of the driver with the car.
You could be right, but imo, with equal drivers I think I'd be hella'shocked to see a tuned/intake only '11 GT stay with an ls3 Corvette in a straight line. As far as any other measurements such as handling, well no need to go there .
x2
I agree, but I personally would like to see proof otherwise
Yes, yes I do believe you are correct sir.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

x2
Quote:
Quote:

Guess I'm not the only one, thanks gents.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

x2
Quote:
Quote:

Guess I'm not the only one, thanks gents.
Well I don't have direct experience with this, just an edumacated guestimation is all really lol. Would love to see a race with said vehicles though, and frankly I'm sure the ls3 vette wouldn't disappoint, but for what it is....neither would the coyote.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Ya gotta trust me on this, stock trap speeds for LS3 Vettes are between 115-119 mph from my experience, if the 2011 Mustang EVER beat a 2011 Corvette without heavy mods i would give up on the general for good.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya gotta trust me on this, stock trap speeds for LS3 Vettes are between 115-119 mph from my experience, if the 2011 Mustang EVER beat a 2011 Corvette without heavy mods i would give up on the general for good.
where's the thread with the guy running an LS3 vette with his close to stock LS3 Camaro and hanging with it up over 100?? I know i read it on here somewhere. i would think the new 5.0 is at "least" as fast as the LS3 Camaro, no?
Old 02-28-2011, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

The Owner said he has not ran a vette yet, If any one is near north, ga/so. Tn area let me know ... maybe i can hook them up, However, Kevin Said he should not win. I posted this (and I was the old man LOL) because One, I havent got to ride in my car in a while, and Two, It was the first 5.0l I have got to ride in. He was not afraid to hit it. I wish i would have had better clips, OR we could have found someone to have fun with. I believe my Stock Ls1 motor would been a good race for him, I ran constistant 13.00 @ 107 Or 8.46 @ 86 in an 1/8 daily driver, stock motor, stock clutch, and even stock goodyears. Believe me, I will invite him to Tues night street drags (off the flag win light only) when our track starts it again. (i am the annoncer at the track, so we should be able to get some competition for him.)
Old 02-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep thinking a stock ls3 vette runs high 11's.. you really think a stang running 12.7's will cut into the 11's with just a intake and tune? I vote no.
Your vote would be wrong then sir. Here is 2011 gt Auto. Mods are JLT CAI, Tune, and 3.73 gears... Imagine if it had a stall too! And yes it has a completely stock exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp4Gd...layer_embedded

And just for fun here is the same car with a Zex 125 shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QLhU...layer_embedded

Well I would hope so! They are in two completely different categories and a large amount of money difference too. C6 vette's are badass in every way period!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 02anti_vnm
new 5.0s are impresive i have to hand it to ford they finnaly got off theyre asses and created something decent
I see this statement enough that I should just shut up and roll my eyes...but why do you think the Camaro/Firebird wasn't around from 03-09? Were they not "decent" cars? ...and the Mustang has sold more than any other pony car over the years...combined.

Sorry guys, not trying to start a GM v. Ford debate...I just hate stupid comments like this...if a Ford guy came in here using the 03-09 F-body debate as to why they aren't decent cars, I would tell him not to be bitter that his 09 Mustang would get owned by a car that he deemed not "decent"...
Old 03-01-2011, 02:13 AM
On The Tree

Comparing Vettes to Mustangs is like comparing apples to oranges.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
I see this statement enough that I should just shut up and roll my eyes...but why do you think the Camaro/Firebird wasn't around from 03-09? Were they not "decent" cars? ...and the Mustang has sold more than any other pony car over the years...combined.
Decent cars, **** poor performance.

They outsold the fbody yes, but that's because every teenage girl and middle age woman picked up a v6 because the fbody's had **** for visibility, IIRC cost more, and lacked the name recognition. While "camaro" and "firebird" are popular nameplates they are like Pepsi and RC to Coke. People say Coke out of sheer habit. Many people (even GM guys) also prefer the styling of the Mustang to the base bland looking f bodies.

The comment you are seeing is referring to the fact Ford made a Mustang GT that is an excellent price/performance ratio for the first time since the foxbody instead of giving it just enough performance to scrape by in the market. The Mustang GT is now better than the non-FI Cobras/Mach 1. It's a compliment.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Decent cars, **** poor performance.

They outsold the fbody yes, but that's because every teenage girl and middle age woman picked up a v6 because the fbody's had **** for visibility, IIRC cost more, and lacked the name recognition. While "camaro" and "firebird" are popular nameplates they are like Pepsi and RC to Coke. People say Coke out of sheer habit. Many people (even GM guys) also prefer the styling of the Mustang to the base bland looking f bodies.

The comment you are seeing is referring to the fact Ford made a Mustang GT that is an excellent price/performance ratio for the first time since the foxbody instead of giving it just enough performance to scrape by in the market. The Mustang GT is now better than the non-FI Cobras/Mach 1. It's a compliment.
Could not have said it better myself.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I agree...but the people making such short, uninformed comments don't even know what they are saying...I could respond to his comment saying "What about the 03-04 Cobras?"

All I am saying is the snide comments like "about time they got off their *** and built a decent car" can go back and forth between Ford and GM loyalists all day long...so throwing one out there is just ignorant.