Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Road in the Competion today. 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MauriSSio

nice sig and youre right, Ford is a problem....for GM. Now theyre barely coming out next year with an answer to the cobra/gt500 after how many years?
Hey man, long time no see, good to see you back.

By the way, Manalishi is a good guy, his sig is just to stir the pot, he owns a Ford. He's one of the few on here with a sense of humor...
Old 03-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Lol, I know right? Just like how "uncomfortable fbody seats were.....", I mean really??? The T/A seats rock imo. Also, I do not like the look of most Mustangs at all, at least compared to their fbody counterparts so I don't get the appearance argument at all.

I like the coyote and all, but I just don't understand the whole "Mustang sold more than Firebird/Camaro combined" statement!? I mean, who cares about how many cars women and children bought (even if they were all V8s, which of course they were not) back in those days? Sales has never been an indication of performance bang-for-buck but rather simply an interesting dynamic having to do with marketing and buyer ignorance. This is not to say that people only bought Mustangs because they were chicks, or children, or ignorant but rather that sometimes those factors play more of a role in sales' numbers than which vehicle performs best or is the best value. Has anyone compared driving an 01 GT at 130 mph to an 01 fbody at said speed? It's not even a contest at which one gets there first and which one feels best and most stable. If sales were all that mattered, performance enthusiasts would all be driving subcompacts. If it sold more, it MUST be better, no? Just saying It gets old guys. Oh, and **** Ford....

I agree, but sales is what dictates if there IS a "next year" for a car...the only reason I threw out my bitch argument was because I'm sick of the "about time" comments from uninformed people about Ford.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3.73's are not a mod. They are STOCK they come STOCK with them.understand that.

nice sig and youre right, Ford is a problem....for GM. Now theyre barely coming out next year with an answer to the cobra/gt500 after how many years?
Touche then, good sir. I retract my previous statement, lol.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
Zr1 is a bit overkill imo and almost in a class of its own. The viper has nothing to do with cherry or Ford.
Also straight line speed the z06 and zr1 are very close stock for stock.
The ZR1 is about .35-.4 and 5mph faster in the 1/4. I wouldn't call that "very close". From rolling speeds ZR1 by a football field.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

average GT with boltons is trapping 118mph. average F-Body with boltons traps 110-111mph. Which is a better run?

stock C6 Corvette (115-117mph traps) vs Mustang GT w boltons (118mph)?

if a 118mph Mustang cant give a good run with a stock C6 116mph corvette, then what do you call the fbody vs bolton GT? pathetic??
Who brought 4th gens into this, FWIW my 4th gen traps almost 114. But from what I've seen GT's with boltons are trapping 117 at the most, STOCK LS3 vette is trapping 1-2 mph higher: with a decent driver, from a roll Corvette would put a good 3-4 cars on it simply from aerodynamics alone.

Hence the reason Vettes are a top end roll machine.

But who does roll races nowadays anyway???
Old 03-02-2011, 12:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by m_liel
The ZR1 is about .35-.4 and 5mph faster in the 1/4. I wouldn't call that "very close". From rolling speeds ZR1 by a football field.
I talk real world, thanks for the fun fact though.

I'll tell you guys what.. Im glad ford finally stepped their game up and produced something worth a damn. They havent made anything to compete with GM since the early 90s.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Teching In

I talk real world, thanks for the fun fact though.
Real World? You mean like the TV show? When have you ever (with your own two eyes) seen a ZR1 and Z06 do back to back to back to back 1/4 mile runs? Just trying to grasp what you mean by "real world".

On the flipside, I have! I'm sure big bro (Ron95ZR1) will be glad to chime in here. ZR1's will go 10's with a solid driver. Z06's are solid mid-low 11's in the same conditions. Not suprising the ZR1 is faster when you consider the 80-90rwhp difference. Duh!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Real World? You mean like the TV show? When have you ever (with your own two eyes) seen a ZR1 and Z06 do back to back to back to back 1/4 mile runs? Just trying to grasp what you mean by "real world".

On the flipside, I have! I'm sure big bro (Ron95ZR1) will be glad to chime in here. ZR1's will go 10's with a solid driver. Z06's are solid mid-low 11's in the same conditions. Not suprising the ZR1 is faster when you consider the 80-90rwhp difference. Duh!
The old "my brother's, sister's, cousin's nephew has this car" argument. Good job!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

?????
Old 03-02-2011, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

C6 Z's can hit high tens with slicks buddy.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Average Joe
C6 Z's can hit high tens with slicks buddy.
Pay close attention. (close being the keyword).

He's was talking stock vs stock.

FWIW,

Fastest Bone-stock C6 Z06 run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct_Rx...eature=related

Fastest Bone-stock ZR1 run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woOqq...eature=related

It's safe to say the ZR1 is faster by a nice margin.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

On the street and your average driver at the track.

For some reason people dont understand what average means around here. And .3 is an EXTREMELY close race on the street, at the track a bit diffrrence but a .05 better sixty for one and .05 worse for the other and you have a dead nuts race.
Yes, they are very very close.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

^^ And that's Real World son. lol
Old 03-02-2011, 01:35 PM
11 Second Club

On the street and your average driver at the track.

For some reason people dont understand what average means around here. And .3 is an EXTREMELY close race on the street, at the track a bit diffrrence but a .05 better sixty for one and .05 worse for the other and you have a dead nuts race.
Yes, they are very very close.
In your fairytale world, 3-5 tenths and 6 mph may be "very, very close". I promise you in the real world though, it's not.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm not talk mph, doesn't mean anything to me.

.3 is within a car, max. It would be pulling decent by the end of the quarter but that is irrelevant. If you don't consider .3 close, especially on the street then I dont know?
Old 03-02-2011, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

I'll tell you guys what.. Im glad ford finally stepped their game up and produced something worth a damn. They havent made anything to compete with GM since the early 90s.

I don't get this statement.

This is a statement that I have seen several people on here make and is meant as a insult; but in reality GM quit making F-Body's...why? Because they couldn't compete with Ford.

I understand that you are only looking at the performance side of it; but the last time I looked at my 2003 Cobra...it still had "Mustang" stamped all over it.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

It was sarcasm heater.

Read last page or two.

Fbody production ceased because of v6 mustang sells and base gts to mainly women. I care nothing about it but I am aware of the more detailed reasons.
The cobra had nothing to do with the fbody dying.. that was decided before the cobra came to be.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

It was sarcasm heater.

Read last page or two.

Fbody production ceased because of v6 mustang sells and base gts to mainly women. I care nothing about it but I am aware of the more detailed reasons.
The cobra had nothing to do with the fbody dying.. that was decided before the cobra came to be.

My fault, my sarcasm meter didn't pick it up
Old 03-02-2011, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

No worries.. I knew it would be a little difficult to pick up! Haha
Old 03-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Good post...................no not really.
^agreed.