Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

EF Civic vs 405whp C5 vette

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I just watched the video. holy **** juice got yanked!!
Only took half an hour lol
Old 03-04-2011, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stockz
Wow, beside the word war, The first vid looked good, for a stock vette. Sorry guys as said before most ppl esp older vette owners Guestemate there HP, 405 ? Doesn't sound right, I make 406 wrhp and I have to run BBC, termi and GT 500's just to not rape them.
This is my car with ONLY 386 to the Tire. Before the 6.0l heads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAsquJJfw6E
Please explain what's going on in this video and the details on the bike.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 03-04-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Looked to be a street bike completely toying with a slow car to me. It was like a cat playing with a mouse. Lol
Old 03-04-2011, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

The hell kind of video is that - didn't notice it until Joe quoted it lol. I agree with Lemons
Old 03-04-2011, 11:05 AM

Maybe it's an advertisment for "Shoulda got an LS6..."
Old 03-04-2011, 01:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 03-04-2011, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WSsick
Ok, I didnt want to run my mouth before finding the video.
THIS IS A FAST CIVIC.
http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/g...SanLanders.mp4
Watch for the Semi truck near the end of the race to get a idea how fast they were running, the Zo6 was a H/C/Tuned car, Not slow by any means, but the Civic (Santos) is a well know builder in my area, and doesn't need to Pour 90K in his civic to go fast. Santos is just good at what he does.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

THIS IS A FAST CIVIC.
Watch for the Semi truck near the end of the race to get a idea how fast they were running, the Zo6 was a H/C/Tuned car, Not slow by any means, but the Civic (Santos) is a well know builder in my area, and doesn't need to Pour 90K in his civic to go fast. Santos is just good at what he does.
What was your video with the bike trying to prove? That you get smoked by them just like you should with that much power?

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 03-04-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
What was your video with the bike trying to prove? That you get smoked by them just like you should with that much power?
??? Duh, read the post. I only made 386 to the tire, the vette guy said he made 400+ doesnt look right, so I posted the 1L bike vid, If the vette had as much as he claimed, the sound and sights would be different.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:28 PM

??? Duh, read the post. I only made 386 to the tire, the vette guy said he made 400+ doesnt look right, so I posted the 1L bike vid, If the vette had as much as he claimed, the sound and sights would be different.
So in the video we are supposed to ignore the bike and just look as how fast the car looks/sounds

Also, the OP posted a long time ago that he was wrong in the original post and that the vette wasn't making the power the guy claimed
Old 03-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

What the **** is going on
Old 03-04-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Stockz just ninja mind fucked all of us I believe... I'm lost.... I think?
Old 03-04-2011, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

Isn't it obvious?
Old 03-05-2011, 01:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

THIS IS A FAST CIVIC.
I hate shitty cell phone vids....

Old 03-05-2011, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
I hate shitty cell phone vids....

me too, I will say they were going 110-120.

It was at night the vette had his pop up lights on, that takes away 50hp.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to state the Obvious, but GTO's are ugly and heavy. Does that help?
Coming from a guy who owns a LS1 Z28: by far and above the ugliest camaro ever made--- so ugly, GM had to discontinue the whole camaro line due to crappy sales.

How's the truth feel?
Originally Posted by NightmareTA
I don't mind them. They have MUCH better interiors than F-bodies IMO. The looks are reminiscent of the old GTO's......bland with a monster under the hood.
Exactly why we love them. "Walk quietly and carry a big stick".
Originally Posted by keving85
hahaha all this bashing honda's are funny..... but not as funny as the look on the face of GTO Stang Camaro ect ect owners when they get beat by a stock looking civic...... thats why i drive a honda!!!!!!

kevin
huh? last I checked a Civic never came with a turbo. Soo, put a turbo on a Z06 (same cost either way) and see which one runs better. Typical bullshit ricer excuses..

As far as Juice: come on man, don't you dare run your mouth about a setup hyou don't have yet. Even when you get it, don't talk **** until it's dialed in. Ever driven a 600+rwhp car? Psshhh. Good luck hooking up. Hell, I'd destroy nearly any 800rwhp car below 120mph with my heads/cam/nitrous setup simply because the lower power I make would allow me to more closely match my available traction to my power. Huge horsepower cars don't have that ability and either spin or baby it until stupid high mph is reached.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:23 AM
On The Tree

Nice kill by the Civic.

However, I have no idea why anybody wants to modify one. Just stupid. I have a fully loaded 06 civic that is bone stock for a daily driver. No reason to modify a car that was never intended to be fast. You can make a go cart run a 9 second pass, but as Chris Rock says, "that don't make it a good ******* idea".
Old 03-05-2011, 04:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Nice kill by the Civic.

However, I have no idea why anybody wants to modify one. Just stupid. I have a fully loaded 06 civic that is bone stock for a daily driver. No reason to modify a car that was never intended to be fast. You can make a go cart run a 9 second pass, but as Chris Rock says, "that don't make it a good ******* idea".
While I don't have a Civic I have an Integra that is modded...I enjoy the looks of it, it handles better than any Fbody or Mustang I've been in, I get high 30's mpg, and the motor can make over 700whp with a well setup pair of aftermarket parts. Not everyone's cup of tea but a far cry from "stupid" imo.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Nice kill by the Civic.

Who can really dictate what a car's "purpose" is. It's whatever you want it to be.

Was a Corvette really meant to be a drag car?
Old 03-05-2011, 06:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
While I don't have a Civic I have an Integra that is modded...I enjoy the looks of it, it handles better than any Fbody or Mustang I've been in, I get high 30's mpg, and the motor can make over 700whp with a well setup pair of aftermarket parts. Not everyone's cup of tea but a far cry from "stupid" imo.
Enjoy the looks of your civic. I like mine as well. However, it's ugly for a performance car. My stock LS3 with just a little SI-trim with stock exhaust, heads, and cam makes over 700hp. Drives like stock, and made it from Houston to Dallas and back in 1 tank of gas.

Who can really dictate what a car's "purpose" is. It's whatever you want it to be.

Was a Corvette really meant to be a drag car?
Who said my car is a "drag car". Stock suspension, stock block, stock heads, stock cam, stock rear end, no weight removed. Just a stock car that has a little blower at 9-10psi.

You guys that don't own both, like I do, can't really understand it. I understand that you are limited to having 1 car, and want to get the best performance out of it. However, I can go to the strip, run mid 10's with 2 mods on a bone stock car, and drive across the country at 30mpg without issues. I can turn the steering wheel, too, if I need to.

Quick Reply: EF Civic vs 405whp C5 vette