Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

1995 Camaro Z28 vs 2011 Mustang V6 **vids**

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 02:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Even the v6 can give a stock ls1 a good run lmaof!
Stock for stock it wouldn't even be close. A full bolt on V6 stang may be close though.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Nobody said they sounded better than a truly cammed car, just a neat little pony trick you can do with one. Nobody said it added performance or said it is better than anything.

Just looks like you are getting defensive when nobody made any claims that call for a defense. The car in your vid sounds really good.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Time to order a bigger cam then, that distance just wont do for me against ANY n/a V6 car.
Who needs to order a bigger cam? The Camaro? Did you only watch the first video, because the LT1 lost the last 3 races...

I can only see that happening with a 2.73 geared LS1, even then it wouldn't pull on the top end like it did against the LT1. It would be a slaughter with most LS1s though.

Originally Posted by snake95
Nobody said they sounded better than a truly cammed car, just a neat little pony trick you can do with one. Nobody said it added performance or said it is better than anything.

Just looks like you are getting defensive when nobody made any claims that call for a defense. The car in your vid sounds really good.
Would you be interested in making a trip over sometime soon? I wanna get a bunch of guys together soon, and it might make for a fun day. I'll be the perma-cameraman...hopefully sporting a GoPro too.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Staging Lane

Nice vids and nice runs. That is one beautiful sounding V6. I like the way it sounds vs other V6 competitors like the nissans, hondas, ect. Would love to run one with the TA sometime.

Speakin of V6 exhaust theres a new auto V6 camaro around town that has atleast an axleback. He drives it like an idiot shifting the crap out of it or keeping it reved to 4k or so and just holding it there for sometimes a half mile but it does sound good. Gotta admit the mustang V6 sounds better though.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
He convinced his mom to do the exhaust easy. My mom has a Regal GS and there is no way in hell she'd ever let me talk her into doing a basic pulley swap.
Don't do a pulley. Do headers, then a pulley.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Would you be interested in making a trip over sometime soon? I wanna get a bunch of guys together soon, and it might make for a fun day. I'll be the perma-cameraman...hopefully sporting a GoPro too.
Yeah that'd be cool, funny you ask, on Saturday when I took it for a spirited drive (nothing out of the ordinary though) it almost stalled at a stoplight.

Checked under the hood and my fuel pressure gauge is reading way low (30psi with vacuum off), when I limped it home it was pitch black out (and butt *** cold) but my temp gauge was WAY too warm for the short drive (almost on H) and I could smell coolant, not to mention that I could see some form of smoke/something burning coming out of my exhaust, so who knows what kind of **** I'll be undergoing when I get home from Kansas City.

I'm kinda bummed and hope it's nothing major...but why the hell would my fuel pressure be low and I smell coolant? It was too dark to look under the car and see anything, but I didn't hear any leaks. Fingers are crossed...
Old 03-14-2011, 02:35 PM
10 Second Club

why the hell would my fuel pressure be low and I smell coolant?
Low fuel pressure caused it to run lean and pop the head gasket?
Old 03-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Beans
Low fuel pressure caused it to run lean and pop the head gasket?
That's definitely a possibility. I will check the oil and my coolant as soon as I get out of this **** state (aka Missouri).

That should tell a lot.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by beans
low fuel pressure caused it to run lean and pop the head gasket?
bingo
Old 03-14-2011, 03:41 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
they at best run very high 13's will take more than gears and bolton's to get them into 12's
Quickest bone stock run I've seen is 13.7 @ 103mph, and I've already seen LOW 13s with just a few basic mods. It won't take nitrous or boost to get them to 12s.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Quickest bone stock run I've seen is 13.7 @ 103mph, and I've already seen LOW 13s with just a few basic mods. It won't take nitrous or boost to get them to 12s.
Care to share what those "few basic mods" were, and at what traps?
Old 03-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Ok Ke^in.

I kid, I kid.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:04 PM
***Repost Police***

Here's one with intake/exhaust, adjustable rear shocks, a 3,500 stall, AL driveshaft, and 4,10s... 13.03 @ 103.5mph.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-ZPza_wN58

Same car, different day (better DA I guess?), 13.17 @ 107.96mph. So yeah, with DRs he'll be in the 12s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_psJn...eature=related
Old 03-14-2011, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Dont DR help stop the tires from spining, It didn't look like he has a problem with that. If he is stalling it to the max and not spining, DR are not going to do much.

Last edited by unknown pontiac; 03-14-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-14-2011, 05:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by unknown pontiac
Dont DR help stop the tires from spining, It didn't look like he has a problem with that. If he is stalling it to the max and not spining, DR are not going to do much.
Agreed. Especially cuttin 1.8s the way that car sits, the gain from Dr's will be minimal. I suspect with some headers and a underdrive pulley plus the stall and bolt-ons you could have a solid 12's car.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Teching In

That's not bad for a v6 mustang. Has anyone ran 12's without any power adders in the new 3.7L?
Old 03-14-2011, 06:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ehhhhh idk about that...bench racing warning: idk that a lot of people would call a stock lt1 to an ls1 a good race stock for stock which is what that v6 is to the lt1... dont forget also the v6 has crazy gearing and had a 6spd compared to the auto in the lt1. give the lt1 a 6spd or the v6 an auto and run it again i bet it would tip more to the lt1. maybe if you found an auto ls1 completely stock with 225k on it and burning oil it would be a close race..bench racing over lol
Old 03-14-2011, 07:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I'm actually pretty impressed by that V6 stang. I do have to give it some props, it's not bad at all! And the exhaust note does sound very nice. I think this Is the first V6 Mustang I haven't disliked.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah that'd be cool, funny you ask, on Saturday when I took it for a spirited drive (nothing out of the ordinary though) it almost stalled at a stoplight.

Checked under the hood and my fuel pressure gauge is reading way low (30psi with vacuum off), when I limped it home it was pitch black out (and butt *** cold) but my temp gauge was WAY too warm for the short drive (almost on H) and I could smell coolant, not to mention that I could see some form of smoke/something burning coming out of my exhaust, so who knows what kind of **** I'll be undergoing when I get home from Kansas City.

I'm kinda bummed and hope it's nothing major...but why the hell would my fuel pressure be low and I smell coolant? It was too dark to look under the car and see anything, but I didn't hear any leaks. Fingers are crossed...
Shitty. I'd say the head gasket would make sense like other suggested. If it's a head gasket, won't be hard to figure out.

(Don't complain about being in the better state. ****, you are on the border with Kansas...amazingly, it's worse than IL.)
Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
Agreed. Especially cuttin 1.8s the way that car sits, the gain from Dr's will be minimal. I suspect with some headers and a underdrive pulley plus the stall and bolt-ons you could have a solid 12's car.
I want to say that the manual might get a better gain from DRs, just since you can really dump that thing high, but if a stalled/geared auto isn't having traction issues, the manual might not. 300hp is a good amount for 235s to handle. Oh well, hopefully our track reopens in July like they are speculating and we can find out. For now though, I'd have to agree with you.

Originally Posted by redbird555
ehhhhh idk about that...bench racing warning: idk that a lot of people would call a stock lt1 to an ls1 a good race stock for stock which is what that v6 is to the lt1... dont forget also the v6 has crazy gearing and had a 6spd compared to the auto in the lt1. give the lt1 a 6spd or the v6 an auto and run it again i bet it would tip more to the lt1. maybe if you found an auto ls1 completely stock with 225k on it and burning oil it would be a close race..bench racing over lol
"Crazy gearing"??? The stang has 3.31s compared to the camaro's 3.23s. Plus, this should have been the autos game (dig), especially with the torque advantage. Depending on the gearing of the autos, it could come out the same as this race. Hopefully we can get another friend's LT1 to race the stang, it'd good to see how a headers/duals/6 speed WS6 does vs this stang as well.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

(Don't complain about being in the better state. ****, you are on the border with Kansas...amazingly, it's worse than IL.)
Hey fuckbag I grew up in Kansas.