Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Few weekend runs in mexico vids

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few weekend runs in mexico vids

I went to this meet to race a RSX that was suppose to get a bigger turbo. He never showed up but I did run a SRT-4 neon. He said he beat a 2002 SS and other fast car I don't remember. He has bigger intercooler, header, cat-back, intake , injectors, and blow off valve, I don't remember all his mods. He said he has all the supporting mods for a bigger turbo but still stock turbo. He said he is pushing 20psi before the race after the race only 14psi. He was full of rice excuses why he lost. Boost leaks every where, JB weld is not holding no more. Overall he seem like a cool ricer dude, fun to talk to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP5x00OCz_k

These are some runs with a V6 Camaro with LS1 swap. He blew his V6 with "nitrous" oh yeah. He put an LS1 in it cost him 7G's. They did a bone stock LS1 install with an auto tranny. He put down 300rwhp. In 08 new years he blew his LS1 racing me. He got headers installed and did not like the way his O2 sensors were routed was so he rerouted them with O2 wires touching the headers. O2 sensor wire burned and his engine went boom. He got it rebuild with a cam, 90fast, and a T56. He spend 7G's again lol. We use to race back in the day when we have V6's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNth4...=youtube_gdata

These are just some lightings I ran into. The blue one mods are unknown, just some guy I saw on these mexican streets I was on. Threw him some revs and got a run in.
The white lighting, I got to talk to him full bolt-on's, cams, wipple, dont remember if he said heads. He said he put down 550rwhp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFtJlIJREGI
Old 03-19-2011, 11:18 PM
11 Second Club

Default hmm

good kills. That white lightning def. diddnt have whipple and cams. If I were to guess by the way you pulled him and by the way the truck sounded it sounds just like by buddy's truck that is a ported eaton truck. his truck puts down 440rwhp. I would say that lightning is somewhere in that range judging from the outcome. OR he has something SERIOUSLY wrong with his truck. A cammed whipple truck would be knocking on 10's door with supporting mods.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:51 PM
On The Tree

He looked upset, he asked me if I was spraying. I have no nitrous, all motor. He did not like that out come. I know a guy that knows the lighting guy and he tryed to set us up with a race. He really does have a wipple and cams. Im happy with my car.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by unknown pontiac
He looked upset, he asked me if I was spraying. I have no nitrous, all motor. He did not like that out come. I know a guy that knows the lighting guy and he tryed to set us up with a race. He really does have a wipple and cams. Im happy with my car.
Not downplaying your car, it runs really well. But for a cammed and whipple lightning that truck runs like $hit.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

an srt4 with a stock turbo is 300-320whp tops. no surprise there. and yea that lightening most likely didn't have a whipple. but good runs and good kills.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by unknown pontiac
Sounds like
Old 03-20-2011, 03:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I could see it having a Whipple. It is a truck afterall, so it's a brickwall in the wind + all the extra weight it has to keep moving. If they were making the same power (Camaro & L'ning) the truck would get slaughtered for those reasons.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
I could see it having a Whipple. It is a truck afterall, so it's a brickwall in the wind + all the extra weight it has to keep moving. If they were making the same power (Camaro & L'ning) the truck would get slaughtered for those reasons.
IF he's putting down the #s he said, it'll walk away from the z28. I ACTUALLY put down 518 and should be mid to high 12s. that truck weighs atleast 1000# less than my CC dmax. just saying . something doesn't add up. maybe he meant crank HP

Last edited by 1TFROT; 03-20-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice runs, everyone seems to be racing in mexico these days. Even guys from tennesee & indiana. Long way to go race. They just let you drive over whenever? Dude spent a lot on an LS1 swap, to only have stock power. Why mod a v6 car when you can buy an LS1 car for that amount?
Old 03-20-2011, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

He gets screwed over all the time because he dont know **** about cars. The mods he has are because of me and a friend who also owns a Z28 tell him about. He had a BBK intake but didnt want it because it's not a good intake it has to much heat soak. Some one told him this and he had to get rid of it. He traded it with his stock TB for a fast 90 with a fast TB that sticks pluse paid $600. He said it was a good deal. He bought new shocks and struts got them installed. He over payed on normal KYB's, not GR2 or AGX, they told him at meineke those are the best. A month later he when back and got his lowering springs. We tryed to help him but he dont listen to us. We just gave up on him.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Mexico is just down the street from my house. Yes they let you in when ever you want just show them your I.D., sometimes they just ask you where you where born. If you say America they just say ok and let you go on your way. One time I said Mexico and they harassed me, I had to show them my TX I.D., TX DL, my mexican I.D., my green card and they asked for my passport to but I didn't have it. I though I was not coming back!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
everyone seems to be racing in mexico these days. Even guys from Tennessee & indiana. Long way to go race.

Well we wouldn't want to do anything illegal here in the states and especially post it up for every patrolman, chief and investigator to look at and track us down! We'd all rather drive to Mexico and do our street racing there.