Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My slow 'Hoe vs. jerk in SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My slow 'Hoe vs. jerk in SS

Before I start let me say that I really like the new SS's although I think its a bit of a disgrace to the name. Well anyway there is a guy near me that has messed with me for the past 6 weeks!! Well I got my converter put in today and on my ways home from the gym , pissing and moaning about my truck throwing an SES code, this guy pulls up next to me and my girl. I tell her I have to vary throttle position so the PCM relearns for the converter. Well he gets the jump on me, but Im quick to get on it. I pulled him pretty hard all the way. We jumped on it from a 20mph roll and my tires spun a bit!! Anyways Im very pleased. Didnt get a chance to talk to him, but he wasnt happy. Im getting the ram air hood, roll pan and smooth vent covers this month. Next month Im throwing on a NX wet kit and going for some lightnings!!! Stand by!!!
Old 02-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Launching!

I find it hard to believe you pulled a new SS "hard all the way". Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't Tahoes big SUV's? Oh well you must have a beast on your hands. Nice kill.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:00 PM
TECH Junkie

this is of course, assuming all you have in your car is what is on the sig, and you ran a camaro SS, and not some sunfire SS, or something like that.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

SS truck. Thought that would be a no brainer...
Old 02-17-2004, 06:23 PM
TECH Junkie

well, does the ss "truck"(how descriptive) have an LS1 in it? this is LS1 tech, and umm... you just say SS, people think 98+ camaro... Now, I thought THAT was a no brainer...
Old 02-17-2004, 06:24 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Before I start let me say that I really like the new SS's although I think its a bit of a disgrace to the name. Well anyway there is a guy near me that has messed with me for the past 6 weeks!! Well I got my converter put in today and on my ways home from the gym , pissing and moaning about my truck throwing an SES code, this guy pulls up next to me and my girl. I tell her I have to vary throttle position so the PCM relearns for the converter. Well he gets the jump on me, but Im quick to get on it. I pulled him pretty hard all the way. We jumped on it from a 20mph roll and my tires spun a bit!! Anyways Im very pleased. Didnt get a chance to talk to him, but he wasnt happy. Im getting the ram air hood, roll pan and smooth vent covers this month. Next month Im throwing on a NX wet kit and going for some lightnings!!! Stand by!!!

Edit:

I don't understand ???
Old 02-17-2004, 06:26 PM
TECH Junkie

I must be a dumbass , cuz this guy is so DESCRIPTIVE and yet I cant figure out what he is talking about...

Last edited by MillaTK; 02-17-2004 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:31 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

I saw that and edited my post. I though it was "obvious" he was talking about a Camaro SS, since this is LS1tech.com and not SStruck.com. I also wasn't aware that GM produced a truck by the name of SS ... since I had assumed SS stood for "super sport" which generally implied a racy version of a car. Monte Carlo SS, Camaro SS, Chevelle SS, etc.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:40 PM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I also thought he was talkin about a Camaro SS. Oh well. I do know about the Silverado SS's. This link will give a better description than i can. Wait for the intro (5 secs.) then click on the Silverado SS on the left.

http://www.chevrolet.com/ss/ss_flash.htm

Here's a link from a C&D test. They have some times for it in this one.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article....rticle_id=6646

Last edited by Kev98Ta; 02-17-2004 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

My Tahoe will give your SS a good run my last pass at the dragstrip was 13.2 and I've outrun Lightnings,Cobras and the occasional M powered BMW.Just because he has a Tahoe doesn't mean it's slow.Good kill greentahoe.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
I saw that and edited my post. I though it was "obvious" he was talking about a Camaro SS, since this is LS1tech.com and not SStruck.com. I also wasn't aware that GM produced a truck by the name of SS ... since I had assumed SS stood for "super sport" which generally implied a racy version of a car. Monte Carlo SS, Camaro SS, Chevelle SS, etc.
Yeah, wtf, they make everything SS nowadays... I have seen sunfires with ss on them... though that doesnt necessarily mean that GM produces them... some fucktard could have just gotten stickers and put them on there, but still, SS, should only be for "sporty" cars

Originally Posted by whitt1
. My Tahoe will give your SS a good run my last pass at the dragstrip was 13.2 and I've outrun Lightnings,Cobras and the occasional M powered BMW.Just because he has a Tahoe doesn't mean it's slow.Good kill greentahoe.
umm, dood, did you read above? umm, it wasnt an SS... though, it sounds like you have a beast of a tahoe there...

Last edited by MillaTK; 02-17-2004 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:49 PM
TECH Addict

Let me be more Desciptive. An LS1 is any one of a number engines that share a similiar engine design ranging in displacement from 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0 and I believe even the 8.1. Sorry I couldnt be more descriptive. If you looked there is a whole section devoted to LS1 trucks here. You guys are real cool. I wonder how lippy you would be in person. Its always the little people that like to turn easy going enthusiastic chat into a flame fest.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Let me be more Desciptive. An LS1 is any one of a number engines that share a similiar engine design ranging in displacement from 4.8, 5.3, 5.7, 6.0 and I believe even the 8.1. Sorry I couldnt be more descriptive. If you looked there is a whole section devoted to LS1 trucks here. You guys are real cool. I wonder how lippy you would be in person. Its always the little people that like to turn easy going enthusiastic chat into a flame fest.

Maybe if you were to be more descriptive, we wouldnt have gotten on your back... If you say SS, and THATS IT... then people are gonna assume SS camaro. we were confused by what you meant... stop your pissy fit and realize that you COULD have been more descriptive... If you couldn't, then you have problems...
Old 02-17-2004, 07:02 PM
TECH Junkie

The 8.1 is a big block not a LS1,I guess my new stroker will make mine a 6.6 iron block LS1.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Since when is a 2 year old vehicle at best considered new??
Those new delorean's are pretty sweet too right??
Nevermind, you are right. Thats seems to be the only way you can deal with things. Consider yourselves the internet bashing champs. I'll email you your title belt.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by whitt1
The 8.1 is a big block not a LS1,I guess my new stroker will make mine a 6.6 iron block LS1.
Your truck is b@d@ss!!!!
guys "its a tahoe with a radix intercooled supercharger and stall, I believe it is backed by a 4L80 E tranny, it is also a 01 with the LS1 based 5.3 currently I believe"
Old 02-17-2004, 07:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Since when is a 2 year old vehicle at best considered new??
Those new delorean's are pretty sweet too right??
Nevermind, you are right. Thats seems to be the only way you can deal with things. Consider yourselves the internet bashing champs. I'll email you your title belt.
oh... im sorry, you were even more descriptive than it first looked... its a NEW SS... OMG... that narrows the field to about five choices then... Consider yourself a champ Newb. They dont make title belts for that.

If you dont like us... eh, whatever.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MillaTK
oh... im sorry, you were even more descriptive than it first looked... its a NEW SS... OMG... that narrows the field to about five choices then... Consider yourself a champ Newb. They dont make title belts for that.

If you dont like us... eh, whatever.
That's heavyweight champ newb, he's in a tahoe remember. Anyways nice kill on the 6.0L. I want one of those new SS trucks so I can do AWD launches lol.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good kill man.... Those Silverado's SS arent much stock. I know you were talking about a truck from the beginning.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nice kill man, the SS silvies are pretty nice looking, but real overpriced. Sounds like you've got a pretty nice hoe, how much for a ride?