Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 Cobra vs 02 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 04:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You should talk WSsick into coming with whatever hunk of **** he gets. We could compile a mini SRK racing video
Dunno if I'll be buying a car by then. That leaves me with riding with the giraffe....and I could not spend that much time in that slow of a car only to go to something as gay as Mustang Week.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
Dunno if I'll be buying a car by then. That leaves me with riding with the giraffe....and I could not spend that much time in that slow of a car only to go to something as gay as Mustang Week.
Burn all around
Old 03-29-2011, 04:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Burn all around
I found this video of snake95 doing some racing and some pulls...looks pretty quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHAQDOAsYgA
Old 03-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Old 03-29-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow guys ya really blew this up haha. Yeah F8L BYT we can roll another time and I know u were under the impression I had headers cause I told u I had them just not installed. It's all good. Like I said we are cool I wasn't on here to split hairs or promote this retarded drama, just get the story straight but for sure let me know when U wanna run again.

And actually for all the haters, F8L has a real nice cobra! absolutely amazing exhaust note haha I'm in love with it. And I have no idea about his numbers but his shifts sounded quick and positive.

One more for all the internet **** talkers. We have a pretty tight little crew down here and we have a lot of cool people with some badass cars, and we are not gonna let some internet **** talkers cause us any problems.

Also to whoever it was that said "that's not what your sig says. something smells fishy" I'm pretty sure that it says exactly that if you read it. 13.4 Crap street tires, pre stall and trans. I guess if you want to be technical I may have had the lid and cat-back on but I can't remember that was over a year ago and those are not a large game changer anyways. (free ram air was a couple months back too. not before the track run)
Old 03-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Agree, I'm always down for a friendly run with other car guys.
Where are you located?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TwitchZ28
Wow guys ya really blew this up haha. Yeah F8L BYT we can roll another time and I know u were under the impression I had headers cause I told u I had them just not installed. It's all good. Like I said we are cool I wasn't on here to split hairs or promote this retarded drama, just get the story straight but for sure let me know when U wanna run again.

And actually for all the haters, F8L has a real nice cobra! absolutely amazing exhaust note haha I'm in love with it. And I have no idea about his numbers but his shifts sounded quick and positive.

One more for all the internet **** talkers. We have a pretty tight little crew down here and we have a lot of cool people with some badass cars, and we are not gonna let some internet **** talkers cause us any problems.
You've got bullshit written all over you. I would sure like to see a vid of this "race".
Old 03-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Sean that is some of the funniest **** I've seen in a long time.
...and don't be hating on Mustang week plus you know you'd love to sit next to me for 14 hours and listen to me talk about Mustangs the whole way last year we even saw some turdmaro's hovering around, too, so you can always look forward to that!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Where are you located?
South florida.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Teching In

I'll be the camera car =P
Old 03-29-2011, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
You've got bullshit written all over you. I would sure like to see a vid of this "race".
How exactly do you figure? Because I don't run my virtual mouth? hahaha
Old 03-29-2011, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

If it looks like bullshit, and it smells like bullshit, its probably bullshit. I'm no hater but you came up in here with more excuses than Bill Clinton and expected everyone to buy it. You got drug plain and simple.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok well lets see. Considering there were two people here....me and F8L. And neither of us disagree on anything about the run.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
The '96-98 Cobra was a dead heat race for the LT1 - not LS1! Since when did the SN95 Cobra's run high 12s to bottom 13's @ 107-108 off the showroom floor? They wouldnt come close to that. Heck, the 99/01 Cobras were a couple ticks quicker than the previous model and they werent quite up to par with the LS1 F-body. Mach 1's were very close and we all know a Mach will outperform a 98 Cobra in a straightline bone-stock/mod for mod. Even with 4.10s/4.30s your going to have your hands full with a stock LS1 M6 and a driver who knows what he's doing.
You can believe, and even say whatever you want, but I've raced too many of each to believe you. All the talk here will never convince me the Cobra wasn't a mid-high 13 second car from 96-01 when driven correctly. All that talk won't make me believe the LT1 ran 13's either. Sure, a handful did... Most ran 14.1-4's, even driven correctly(OHV's got it like that, no learning curve required)... That's just what it was.

Btw, I wouldn't put a Mach1 against a 96-98 Cobra mod for mod... The 96-98 engine is what powers the worlds quickest Cougar... Nobody's ever been noted going 6's with a Mach1 engine, let alone 6.20's. That said, not even the LS1 can hang mod for mod. Even if the mods exist, the block isn't strong enough for the show.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:02 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by It'llrun
You can believe, and even say whatever you want, but I've raced too many of each to believe you. All the talk here will never convince me the Cobra wasn't a mid-high 13 second car from 96-01 when driven correctly. All that talk won't make me believe the LT1 ran 13's either. Sure, a handful did... Most ran 14.1-4's, even driven correctly(OHV's got it like that, no learning curve required)... That's just what it was.

Btw, I wouldn't put a Mach1 against a 96-98 Cobra mod for mod... The 96-98 engine is what powers the worlds quickest Cougar... Nobody's ever been noted going 6's with a Mach1 engine, let alone 6.20's. That said, not even the LS1 can hang mod for mod. Even if the mods exist, the block isn't strong enough for the show.
Bundles of fail in that post.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by It'llrun

Old 03-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bullshit weeks like this week. Cloudy, rainy, and high of 52. give me palm trees, sun, and mid 70's.

We might go, she said we are going to Florida June, not July. Would be nice to hang out with you and Sean again. Although I should bring the integra and beat you both
Haha I agree with you there on the weather, I am thinking about just moving down there after I'm done with school too. I need warm weather year around.

Haha you cant come to mw in the teg when you have two good running mustangs, it doesnt work like that.

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
When God leaned over that cloud to touch that LS1 motor, for fear of leaning too far and falling, he used his other hand as a brace and accidently touched my motor. Thats why I'm the only one. Duh. lol.

-Mark

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
The '96-98 Cobra was a dead heat race for the LT1 - not LS1! Since when did the SN95 Cobra's run high 12s to bottom 13's @ 107-108 off the showroom floor? They wouldnt come close to that. Heck, the 99/01 Cobras were a couple ticks quicker than the previous model and they werent quite up to par with the LS1 F-body. Mach 1's were very close and we all know a Mach will outperform a 98 Cobra in a straightline bone-stock/mod for mod. Even with 4.10s/4.30s your going to have your hands full with a stock LS1 M6 and a driver who knows what he's doing.
You sure about that?

BONE STOCK w/ slicks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuMsf...D989B4D1323F28

Originally Posted by snake95
Heard that! I'm pretty excited about it...and seeing your piece of Soth Kerulonnah rice...or the 5.0, whichever.

Still pissed that I missed meeting F8L last yr. BTW F8L I lost your #, pm me or text me if you have mine.
Yeah I know man we will have a blast this year where are you guys staying at?

Originally Posted by WSsick
Get in the shower, clean your vag out, and get back on here and reevaluate the question You need to come down too!

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
I'll be the camera car =P
Haha You would have to ride with someone, I don't think your car could keep up
Old 03-30-2011, 08:52 AM
11 Second Club

FWIW, my very first pass ever down the track was in my cobra. Completely stock down to the paper filter and stock bfgoodrich T/A 245/45/17 tires I went 14.3@100 w/ a 2.3 60ft. Clearly that is a 13 sec pass had I knew how to launch the car.

If you can't get into the 12's with bolt-ons then I don't think the car is the problem. Hell I first did it with Firestone SZ-50 tires. lol.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
You sure about that?

BONE STOCK w/ slicks

Random Video's eh? OK.

BONE STOCK w/ DR's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iOpOtxufko

Based on that i'd have to agree with LT/LS in that the LS1 is a whole nother league.

But the truth of the matter is, since neither of those vehicles belong to us we really don't know what was done to them.

Last edited by Redfire 03; 03-30-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: spell check 101
Old 03-30-2011, 04:12 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
FWIW, my very first pass ever down the track was in my cobra. Completely stock down to the paper filter and stock bfgoodrich T/A 245/45/17 tires I went 14.3@100 w/ a 2.3 60ft. Clearly that is a 13 sec pass had I knew how to launch the car.

If you can't get into the 12's with bolt-ons then I don't think the car is the problem. Hell I first did it with Firestone SZ-50 tires. lol.
Very true, good sir