Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'02 Firehawk M6 Vs '08 C6/A6

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '02 Firehawk M6 Vs '08 C6/A6

Had a fun run with a buddy last night in his wife's Blacked out CAI only C6/A6 that dynoed 374rwhp 364rwtq.
I wanted to see how close i would be in comparison to him.

We meant to do a 30 roll but traffic was behind us...so we just did a 50 roll threw the top of 4th gear.

Did the classic three honk and go...and believe it or not i actually got about a car and a half on him when i ran out of 4th gear. But it looked like he was creeping up on me on the top end there.

Surprised the hell out of me! My mostly stock Firehawk has been quite the factory freak lately.

Only mods are stock SLP blackwing lid (firehawk part) with free ram air mod, bellow, BBK 80mm TB, E-Cutout. Basically lid and cutout only.

Hell of a rush! Thanks Rex...waits for you to chime in haha
Attached Thumbnails '02 Firehawk M6 Vs '08 C6/A6-c6.jpg  

Last edited by HartAttack; 04-17-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good run OP. Ive seen a BONE STOCK WS6 T/A pull 331rwhp on a dynopack a while ago. I dont know why or how but usually i see T/A's pull that high or in your case a firehawk.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karpetcm
Good run OP. Ive seen a BONE STOCK WS6 T/A pull 331rwhp on a dynopack a while ago. I dont know why or how but usually i see T/A's pull that high or in your case a firehawk.
I've seen that time and time again also..i am going to get some base line numbers with this car next weekend before i start the Cam install etc...

My guess would be damn close to 340. The car has been a freak and pulled everything i have ran including another guy's '01 Z06 the 385hp one.

It just doesn't seen natural haha...
Old 04-17-2011, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im not suprised with your win that much. I was barely able to keep up with a C6 A6 Vette till i messed up going into 5th, i think the way how my gearing is he would've pulled either way since i was shifting into 5th and he was at the top of his 4th i think, would've been a delay and might make up once i get back to my top end and slow his pull, but who knows gotta run them again and hopefully clean shifts and higher speeds, they are hella fast cars. To pull 1 1/2 cars on one and have no were near the mods i have is definitly a factory freak not to mention i think Convertibles are a bit heavier as well. Either way good job.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im not suprised with your win that much. I was barely able to keep up with a C6 A6 Vette till i messed up going into 5th. They are hella fast cars. To pull 1 1/2 cars on one and have no were near the mods i have is definitly a factory freak not to mention i think Convertibles are a bit heavier as well. Either way good job.
Did you guys have a fair and even start also? He was saying the kick down was too intense for him at that speed where as for me i was at 5k rpm in second, and i power shifted the shift out of the car... Like i said though..top of 4th he was gaining on me... if i went to 5th im sure he would have caught up no doubt.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The speed was higher then i wanted to becuase i needed to shift soon so i was in 3rd gear and he was most likely in 2nd. He did not say that he lost traction at all and got a clean run. He said the start was even, ive raced him a couple of times in the past and he usually always goes on 2 or 2 1/2, he specifically asked me not to pop the clutch when we race. The top of my 3rd and 4th i was able to keep up but tried powershifting into 5th and burned up the clutch bad. Lesson learned i wont be doing that again.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how do you fair with the new Ls3 Camaro's?
Old 04-17-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i actually have a vid of me going up against one. This time i popped the clutch and pulled immediatly on it,( the guy in the LS2 Vette has seen the vid and thats why he asked me not to pop the clutch when i race him). I held the lead in 3rd and held it a bit in 4th and then as usuall in the vid you can see a backfire from my exhuast cut out barely, i think around the 13-14 second mark barely, trying to go into 5th and missed put it back in and noticed i was f*cked he was pulling on me hard and just let off. I was in 3rd and he was in 2nd according to him and the race went up to about 120-125mph. It was not broken in and was brand new with only a few miles on it.

Last edited by karpetcm; 04-17-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have another race with the same LS3 me being in 4th and him being in 2nd and that race was as expected a disaster for me, lol. I got pulled immediatly. When he put the camera down and used the paddle shifter and kept it in 3rd gear and told me not to pop the clutch it was actually suprising to me he pulled on me by about 1-2 mph. I was expecting worse. I think you with full bolt ons will do really good with the LS3, atleast better then me thats for sure.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We are supposed to do another run at a different mph sometime to see how different things would be if we started at like 30... maybe next weekend.

on another note i don't see any advantage on popping the clutch before the race at all..why not just be waiting in gear to hit it?
Old 04-17-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I try telling them that because to me it hardly makes a difference at all but i do it to take any and all advantage because its just a faster car at the end of the day, meaning the vette. Even trying to powershift into 5th i would do if i had more practice doing it. They make it seem like im cheating by doing that but i guess if it makes them happy i just dont do it when they tell me to not.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

cant wait to hear back on the next race you do, hoping you'll keep him back as long as you can.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

cant wait to hear back on the next race you do, hoping you'll keep him back as long as you can.
I'll try to get a video next time around also... But if i don't do it by next weekend, then he will have to run me with more mods
Old 04-17-2011, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HartAttack
I'll try to get a video next time around also... But if i don't do it by next weekend, then he will have to run me with more mods
lol, then he will say i should've raced him when he was almost stock. What mods do you have in mind?