Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Holy crap those new 5.0's are fast!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 06:52 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by FOG52
427 side oilier will do it all day long. And has been doing it a very long time.
We are talking something made in the last decade, not old school ****, then we get BBCs and all that involved.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
So...? And wtf does it matter that it's "just a rally sport" if you have an engine swap?
It is a joke, the interwebz is not so serial.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
We are talking something made in the last decade, not old school ****, then we get BBCs and all that involved.

So we are changing our tune. Well the 5.3 Cammer a mod motor very similar to the new 5.0 has made 665 hp N/A That was made in the last decade.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

It is not just the cubes, it is a low compression truck motor with stock long block, i dont know of any ford truck motor in a car with cam only that would run as hard at a 3450 race weight. And again, i speak NA, all motor before another ********** brings up a blown lightning engine or some ****.

If I had to say one that could do it; it would be the SOHC 6.2 truck motor.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:54 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Originally Posted by snake95
So, motor isn't stock, cam isn't stock, valvetrain isn't stock, induction system not stock your car does run hard, though, for such little invested. 7.1 in the 1/8th is nothing to shrug at
Yea, that is why i say stock long block, cam, PRs and springs, then the old school carb to top it off because i dont want to convert to EFI, i am a rebel...LOL.

But, i will not be happy till i have my 10 second all motor time slip, so a set of 243 heads will be going on soon from my 5.3 liter i got from the junk yard.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:00 PM
In-Zane Moderator

So we are changing our tune. Well the 5.3 Cammer a mod motor very similar to the new 5.0 has made 665 hp N/A That was made in the last decade.
Then there is the LS7, and yada yada....

Originally Posted by Heater
If I had to say one that could do it; it would be the SOHC 6.2 truck motor.
Hemi? I hate dodge, i really stick with the budget stuff, that is something to talk about, starting with something that makes 400 HP off the bat is just not a big deal to me, but then again there is no real basis for my argument, i just love seeing what people have to say, getting their feathers ruffled.

I am just jealous that i cannot afford anything new, but i drag them bitch *** whenever i can
Old 04-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am just jealous that i cannot afford anything new, but i drag them bitch *** whenever i can
It really doesn't matter when you drive what you do. Very few might argue but I rather drive just about anything other than your car. Yes, that is including my 120whp Acura.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Then there is the LS7, and yada yada....
Changing what you said again?Less you forget.

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS View Post
It is not just the cubes, it is a low compression truck motor with stock long block, i dont know of any ford truck motor in a car with cam only that would run as hard at a 3450 race weight. And again, i speak NA, all motor before another ********** brings up a blown lightning engine or some ****.]
The LS7 wasn't a truck motor IIRC. there you go changing the rules again. I don't see why you try to exclude a Supercharged truck engine[5.4 engine] that is used in a car then you want to include a non truck engine [ LS7 ].

Face it ford has built some very good engines over the years and if they choose to use a smaller displacement forced induction engine there is no sin in it. And the new 5.0 has the LS3 beat at its own N/A game. More power per cubic inch displacement and still N/A.

Last edited by FOG52; 04-22-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
It really doesn't matter when you drive what you do. Very few might argue but I rather drive just about anything other than your car. Yes, that is including my 120whp Acura.
And I really don't think anyone in this thread or this site really gives a flyin **** what you'd rather drive, chicken dick...

The ford nuthuggers in this thread callin chevy nuthugges "nuthuggers" is humorous.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

he has an lq4 motor not a ls7? and hp/liter doesnt win races.

saying a 32v vvt v8 has better hp/liter then a 16v pushrod motor (both factory stock) is nothing to brag about. It better. Once modded things change. quickly.

Originally Posted by toxic99
And I really don't think anyone in this thread or this site really gives a flyin **** what you'd rather drive, chicken dick...

The ford nuthuggers in this thread callin chevy nuthugges "nuthuggers" is humorous.
hes just stirring the **** pot. its his specialty. infact i think he gets paid for it?
Old 04-22-2011, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

And the new 5.0 has the LS3 beat at its own N/A game. More power per cubic inch displacement and still N/A.
You are comparing apples to oranges....talkin about "rules" ford guys always seem to forget the huge advantage in the ford head design negating the need for more cubes not to mention the 4 over head variable cam design.

GM decided to go with cubes Ford with more hightech valvetrain and heads. Bottom line. They both run great and have their advantages and disadvantages for both.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Who wants some??

This is getting interesting!
Old 04-23-2011, 12:20 AM
TECH Regular

I love this thread, it went from a guy comparing his c6 to the new 5.0, to talking about the tranny problems in the new mustang, to getting screwed over by stealerships and now we got some mustang guys and an acura guy bashing on a camaro driver on a GM forum...

Those new 5.0's are nasty no doubt. We have to remember though, the LS1 is kinda outdated technology, But nothing from '97 touches the ls1. Ford was a little smarter and threw blowers and forged internals on their cars in 03-04. Thats also why the cobras still hold their value till this day And their fast nasty little *******. I hang out with ford guys lol, I have love for the termi's too but am an ls1 guy at heart and would never betray the bowtie haha

I really hope your brother gets his mustang repaired, its some BS that a manufacture would void a warranty on a 5k mile car knowing that the problem is a common thing happening to alot of customers.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:42 AM
TECH Addict

I would expect a new Mustang to have trouble beating most Corvettes made over the past 10yrs or so, but they are running well.

Originally Posted by serpentnoir
All the prior iterations of Ford's Mod motor were miserable turds at best. Complicated, unreliable, difficult to build, poor aftermarket support until the early '00s (the motor came out in 1991 if I remember). Ford finally did it correctly but it took 20 years to get here...
One might just think you've never even heard of the 1996-on Cobra, 2000 Cobra R(12's factory stock), 2003/4 Cobra, 2007-on GT500 and last, but certainly not least, the Ford GT, which used a modular to knock down mid-low 11's in factory trim... Yup... "miserable turds" one and all... And likely all quicker, and having better longevity than whatever you picked up from the used car lot last. The whole idea of "unreliable" just makes me laugh. The 4.6L is one of the most reliable engines created, ever. It's so strong, a factory block, crank and heads 4.6L has powered a late model Cougar to quicker times than most cars on earth, using any block, crank and heads. So unreliable it is, evidently not a single LS1 on the planet has come within 2 full seconds of it on the drag strip... 2 seconds quicker SURELY shows a lack of reliability...

Poor aftermarket till the early 2000's... Yeah, and that would surely explain why/how there were modular powered Mustangs running low 7's in 2001. When did the LS1 do that, anyway?

The modular did come out in the 1991 model year... In a Lincoln Town Car. There MIGHT not have been much call for high performance in that one... The 1st Mustang it came in was 1996's GT and Cobra. Within 5yrs, it was deep in the 7's, while the LS1 wasn't even close.

Get a clue already.

I didn't bother reading every post here... It was funny though, to read much of what I did. Of course, the actual topic went to Hell in a handbasket almost immediately.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:43 AM
TECH Addict

I didnt need to read **** but ^^^^ that post.. lol. But to be honest, who gives a **** about the new Mustang. If you ask me, its pretty f'ing pathetic that Fords biggest competition is a car built nearly a decade ago. Theyre just now getting the fuking hint? What a bunch of dick bags.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:43 AM
On The Tree

This is typical dealership bullshit though. They'll give you the run-around any way they can. I hope you get the car fixed man, with 5k miles I would be raising some serious hell. On a daily basis
Old 04-23-2011, 02:52 AM
TECH Addict

If things are handled correctly, that Mustang will be repaired under warranty. Badmouthing the dealership won't help any more than bad mouthing the manufacturer. Needing an attorney for this kind of issue is a total bummer, but it's clearly come to that. I wouldn't bother with any lesser step once I decided the players were cheating on the other side and wouldn't fix whatever is broken under warranty. By now though, I'd have at least told them plainly, my next stop is an attorney, giving them a final chance at professional redemption.

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
I didnt need to read **** but ^^^^ that post.. lol. But to be honest, who gives a **** about the new Mustang. If you ask me, its pretty f'ing pathetic that Fords biggest competition is a car built nearly a decade ago. Theyre just now getting the fuking hint? What a bunch of dick bags.
Ya ain't gotta like it... Facts don't change just because we don't like 'em.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

ANTICOP, what's more pathetic, what you said (that you think is true, which isn't) or the fact that GM brought back the Camaro only to be a pig that is pretty much dead even in performance with the last version ('02)? Your dislike for Ford is evident, but don't make yourself look like a jackass by making Ford sound like they don't know what they're doing

...and you ask who gives a **** about the new Mustang? There have been more ******' threads on this site about the new 5.0 than any other Mustang forum I'm on. Think before you speak.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
Sounds like we have a 16 year old, whose ***** have not dropped and owns a stock 13 second fbody.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by winters97gt
sounds like we have a 16 year old, whose ***** have not dropped and owns a stock 13 second fbody.

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Launching!

Spat my morning cup of coffee out on that one.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
...and hp/liter doesnt win races.

saying a 32v vvt v8 has better hp/liter then a 16v pushrod motor (both factory stock) is nothing to brag about. It better. Once modded things change. quickly.
Agreed.

You are comparing apples to oranges....talkin about "rules" ford guys always seem to forget the huge advantage in the ford head design negating the need for more cubes not to mention the 4 over head variable cam design.

GM decided to go with cubes Ford with more hightech valvetrain and heads. Bottom line. They both run great and have their advantages and disadvantages for both.
x4,555,000

Originally Posted by snake95
ANTICOP, what's more pathetic, what you said (that you think is true, which isn't) or the fact that GM brought back the Camaro only to be a pig that is pretty much dead even in performance with the last version ('02)? Your dislike for Ford is evident, but don't make yourself look like a jackass by making Ford sound like they don't know what they're doing

...and you ask who gives a **** about the new Mustang? There have been more ******' threads on this site about the new 5.0 than any other Mustang forum I'm on. Think before you speak.
Utter nonsense from this guy as usual.

Originally Posted by It'llrun
The 4.6L is one of the most reliable engines created, ever. It's so strong, a factory block, crank and heads 4.6L has powered a late model Cougar to quicker times than most cars on earth, using any block, crank and heads. So unreliable it is, evidently not a single LS1 on the planet has come within 2 full seconds of it on the drag strip... 2 seconds quicker SURELY shows a lack of reliability...
Agre...wait. What? Are you talking about John Mihovetz 2002 car? Yes it is faster than any LSX powered vehicle on the planet, but not by 2-seconds. A few tenths is more like it.

Quick Reply: Holy crap those new 5.0's are fast!!!