Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

83? Foxbody vs Turbo Civic

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

His hood flew up at the track in the fall when it wasnt latched correctly so it turned into junk. He cut a hole in it to fit the new intake its got. Its not supposed to look good lol
Old 04-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snake95
370 rwhp out of a h/c 351 isn't good, but it looks like a sweet ride.
Those were my numbers that were posted. I think hes closer to 400
Old 04-24-2011, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Where'd that hideous scoop thingamabob he had in the vid go? Looked like a peice of dryer ducting someone stuck onto the hood!
That was my point about decent body work... I guess that pic was taken before the hood was cut open.

Originally Posted by snake95
370 rwhp out of a h/c 351 isn't good, but it looks like a sweet ride.
I kinda have to agree. Not real good, but someone who puts street manners first, and doesn't wanna really haul should be happy with it in a fairly light body. The choice of cyl. heads and cam obviously make all the difference. My old 308 made 369 and was my DD, but that one has far more potential. If it only made 370 on juice... THAT wouldn't be good.

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
His hood flew up at the track in the fall when it wasnt latched correctly so it turned into junk. He cut a hole in it to fit the new intake its got. Its not supposed to look good lol
GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLL successfully reached!

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Those were my numbers that were posted. I think hes closer to 400
I thought those were the Mustang's as well, because I was seeing much higher numbers for yours. With numbers as close as you've said here, I'd expect you to run all over him in short order, considering the weight difference alone. Of course, you've got traction issues a RWD rarely has to suffer.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Updated it a little with new info. My car was loaded with tires, tools, and a passenger (can see the rear sagging) which def hurts my power to weight advantage. When its just me in the car driving its soo different lol