Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got killed -- G35.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree 81TA. I have to focus so I don't do that **** too lol. I do find the seat comfy though.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight02
This is why I can't stand many of the G35 drivers I run into....

Cliff Notes: Douche G35 driver kills H/C/I/N2O Camaro SS on crowded city street because Camaro driver didn't race.
Thanks for sharing -- I appreciate your advice regarding generalizations. Understanding that the shortfall of generalizations is that they don't prove to be correct 100% of the time, I was quite careful with my choice of words.

I specified that I can't stand "many" of the G35 drivers I run into. Never said that they (G35 drivers as a class of people) were douches. It would be ignorant to think they ALL would fall under that blanket statement. Frankly, I like the cars and would gladly drive one as a more practical "drive to work" car. I have friends who drive them and (in my humble opinion) they aren't douches.

As for this particular driver, I figure whipping through a crowded city street (one traveled by many cars, pedestrians, children, etc.) just to get in my ear was sufficient to call this particular guy a "douche".

My thoughts above were based on my limited experience with the "bad apples" that I've run into. Perhaps I've just been unlucky and ran into a disproportionate share of them around here.

Cheers!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meh, you guys need to stop being so god danged politically correct. Screw G35/37 owners if they get butt hurt because they chose a car that is a favorite of moronic ricers and clueless wannabe fast n furious stunt doubles.

It's also why I would never buy a new 5.0 stang: wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many of the owners are annoying, young, immature, clueless, and/or child molesters. (had to throw that in there).

And in both G series and Mustang owners cases, I make exceptions to that harsh generalizations one guy at a time after they prove they are, in fact, not ricers morons or child molesters. Put that in your bleeding heart pipe and smoke it.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

Ya know - you car is pretty beast and it would have been hard to not wanna follow him and crush his delusional dreams. So I say to you: Good patience!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

Very mature way to end things, but I know it's grinding your gears afterwards. Let the g35 owner live in his own little world by himself.
Who's to say that when you did catch up to him after flying through traffic that he wouldn't continue to do that when you raced? He's a moron that is a danger to himself and everyone around him. Don't antagonize goons like him.
and you have a beast of a camaro
Old 04-30-2011, 12:45 AM
TECH Regular

I hate threads like this. Everyone is better than the other guy, and the other guys car is a piece of ****. Oh, and it's always the other guy who provoked it too.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

If its not a lsx , then yes its a piece of ****!! LOL. ....I remember along time ago I went to a infinity dealer and was just looking at G35s to waste time..the sales Guy came up to me and was talking and stuff . Long story short he pointed at his G35 he drives and said its fast, then I told him I am thinking about either a Camaro SS or GTO or MAYBE a G35 he laughed and said dude a G35 would smoke those cars like nothing....I tried to hold my laugh in and just left right after that comment! He made my day with that joke....
Old 05-01-2011, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really try hard not to open the car up on a city street with any kind of traffic. Without drag radials on its a crap shoot which lane I'll end up in. So I'm at a light and a G35 pulls up along side me, gives me that look and then launches with a **** eating grin. I just pull away without any excitement, gradually pull up behind him as I reach down to activate the electric cutout. So down shift into 2nd and pull around him at about 3/4 throttle the front end of the car has started to lift, I'm fighting with limited front traction to keep the car straight all the while he is getting the full effect of what 550 hp sounds like through straight exhaust. Well now the interesting part, he gets mad. I mean he's the one that started it. At the next light I'm back to closing the cutout with a smile on my face and he starts talking all kinds of ****. I decide just to turn left, getting too old for that nonsense.
The funny part is I really like G35's.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Teching In

Ohh..the good ole days when we all drove Chevys, Fords, "Chrysler Products" (< Half American), "AMC" (Gone), "Oldsmobile" (Gone), "Pontiacs" (Gone), "Mercury" (Gone)........See the trend?

Hint; we will all be driving a G35 soon.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

I'd have to agree with most of the sentiments regarding G35/7s in this thread. If said G is stock, someone's DD, and driven sanely, then I have no problems with the people that drive them.

However when people start modding them, for some strange reason, they take on this Napoleonic complex where they need to prove to everyone on the road how cool and fast their G is. **** is endemic to socal where people think they are superior for buying an overpriced nissan and must flaunt it in your face by participating in their own little Long Beach GP in traffic. Oh and I can't stand that damn exhaust note...sounds like a hive of bees really, really, pissed off.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

For what Ive seen 350z owners are quite similar. A couple of years ago I had one of these "specimens" throwing revs at me in the local highway. I was cruising around in my 2006 Magnum SRT8. We went from a roll at aprox 45mph, he jumped a little at first but then the 6.1 little beast started to reel in so fast that he was smiling still when he saw the big hearse flew by and away....of course his smile became a "WTF?" sad expression. I let it go at aprox. 125mph with a good 10 cars ahead.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SATAN
I hate threads like this. Everyone is better than the other guy, and the other guys car is a piece of ****. Oh, and it's always the other guy who provoked it too.
Here is the door:

Now proceed to:

Thanks and regards from all our beloved members of LS1TECH.

Have a lovely day!
Old 05-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

Just an observation, but I think the G35 is an entry-level fast car for a lot of people. I remember when i was 17, and I got an 88 Mustang GT. I had previously driven a Honda Civic and a Buick Regal, so I thought that thing was so fast. It was so easy to break traction and get sideways that I didn't really see how any car could be much faster. I learned that lesson the hard way when an old dude in a 1984-ish Corvette blew my car off the road and made me look stupid. I also lost badly to another kid in a GTA Trans Am.

Case in point. I was driving home a few weeks ago, minding my own business and see a brand new Ford F150 behind me in the next lane over, with about a 60 year old driver. He clearly just got the truck. It's probably the most powerful vehicle he's ever driven, and he sees that dipshit Camaro in front of him... He accelerates to about 80-90 MPH and attempts a RICER FLY-BY! In a Ford F-150! There was no traffic, so I thwarted his flyby attempt, then I was going like 120 and had to brake to make the left turn into my neighborhood. I got a nice laugh out of it but the guy didn't have a sense of humor at all. Dude was so mad that he swerved into my lane as I turned out of it, as if to ram me off the road, nearly crashing his new truck into the median in the process.

Anyway, I think that's the reason a lot of asshats drive G35/37s, rather than anything about the car itself. They're really nice cars.

Last edited by nmbr5ml; 05-01-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

awesome write up
Old 05-01-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you sir, got raped
Old 05-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Midnight02
This is why I can't stand many of the G35 drivers I run into....

Nice looking silver G35 in my condo complex. Seen the guy around and there are tracks from a burnout in the parking lot right next to where he parks. With all of the old people and children in our complex, he's #1 on the list of "most likely to run over a person".

Leaving the complex I turn left onto the crowded 5-lane city street and see that he's following me. I accelerated smoothly (because of traffic) and am in the left lane behind a line of around 10 cars. My new buddy with his G35 merges, cuts off a guy in a Mercedes and does a fly by at about 65 (speed limit = 35 and with traffic it isn't moving any faster). There are 4 people in his car and the driver triumphantly throws a fist pump out of the window upon surpassing me. Nice win! The passengers seem ecstatic that they've flexed their muscle to a SS.

By his celebration I presume he considers his fly by a "win by default". I'm usually happy to educate others on my car's capabilities however I didn't see how cutting through tight traffic to run that guy down would be a good decision. Until next time we meet.

Cliff Notes: Douche G35 driver kills H/C/I/N2O Camaro SS on crowded city street because Camaro driver didn't race.
keep a close eye on your local news he'll be on it soon with that mentality.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chaman
Here is the door:

Now proceed to:

Have a lovely day!
OMFG that was hilarious!

Ok, not really. I really like the quality of that door and I'm still trying to figure out why Ronald Mcdonald is a woman and what the hell the other guy is supposed to be. And why the hell do they have so many 5 gallon water jugs in what appears to be a small apartment?
Old 05-01-2011, 09:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SATAN
OMFG that was hilarious!

Ok, not really. I really like the quality of that door and I'm still trying to figure out why Ronald Mcdonald is a woman and what the hell the other guy is supposed to be. And why the hell do they have so many 5 gallon water jugs in what appears to be a small apartment?
It was not meant to be funny, try sarcastic (Google the definition of the term if needed). Either way, message still there,
Old 05-01-2011, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
Here is the door:

Now proceed to:

Have a lovely day!
If the board ever decides to have a "2011 Post of the Year" award, I will gladly nominate you for this one! That was hilarious!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nmbr5ml
Case in point. I was driving home a few weeks ago, minding my own business and see a brand new Ford F150 behind me in the next lane over, with about a 60 year old driver. He clearly just got the truck. It's probably the most powerful vehicle he's ever driven, and he sees that dipshit Camaro in front of him... He accelerates to about 80-90 MPH and attempts a RICER FLY-BY! In a Ford F-150! There was no traffic, so I thwarted his flyby attempt, then I was going like 120 and had to brake to make the left turn into my neighborhood. I got a nice laugh out of it but the guy didn't have a sense of humor at all. Dude was so mad that he swerved into my lane as I turned out of it, as if to ram me off the road, nearly crashing his new truck into the median in the process.
Reminds me of my first "I got killed" story. Only, it was me in a shiny new 1994 Dodge Ram 1500 lined up at a light next to this old codger in a Cadillac STS. The road went from two lanes to one lane up ahead, so I figured I'd goose it off the line and beat him to the merge. No such luck. That old guy stomped me like a bug, and I learned the lesson of "appearance != capability."

Quick Reply: Got killed -- G35.