Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got killed -- G35.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 09:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was driving around Atlanta the other day, and some jerk in a 350Z with 2 fart cans that sounded like *** came and made a left turn in front of me spinning his rear tires and almost CLIPPING MY CAR! It was at night, so I gave him the high-beams.

There's another G35 around here with a loud, annoying "clarinet/vacuum cleaner-on-steroids" exhaust that drives around here flooring it ad nauseam.

Stock G35/350Zs don't bother me, but ricers behind the wheel of said cars drive me up the wall. Lots of them give me the ricer flyby, but I just let them do it. They can be the ones to get a ticket for reckless driving, not me. I know my car could destroy those idiots, so I have nothing to prove.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^I hear ya on that. Like I said before. These cars can be had for cheap so what do you expect. It's being young and stupid and when you add in the cost of a cheap car like these you have a recipe for this type of behavior. It's not the car, its the **** that bought the car.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:33 AM
Teching In

theres always "that guy"
Old 05-13-2011, 03:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Yeah I had 2 similar losts before;

a supercharged 350Z waved thru heavy traffic besides me and when I try to catch him going safely thru traffic he goes WOT like stupid and I dont get into the '' cath me and cut the traffic game''. He does that 2 times whenever I get closer to him because he is stuck in traffic.
I was just trying to follow him to a safe place. We finally lined up in a empty safe place; We have a clean run(he got the hit) and I put 2+cars on him.

2-3weeks after, I talked to a friend who's more involved in the street racing scene in my area: he told me the 350Z is bragging about how he raped me 2 times outta 3 race... LOLLLLLL But he is known as a liar...while I'm not known, just feared by ricers
Old 05-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

i had one of those pos 350z ricers mess with me on the highway one day. I wasnt in my ss but my iroc which is heavily modified and i know i could take him but none the less i mind my own bizz dont want to hurt anyone get a speeding ticket etc! But this giant d-bag just keeps along side of me revving his blender at me. so finally the coast is clear and i let my 13.5.1 sbc do some talking... well when i couldnt see him any more hopefully the point got across to him. But it seems like whenever i take either of my cars out people with there anything car or truck seem to want screw around it gets tiresome after awhile sometimes i just want to go for a ride im sure some of u can relate.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I have found most G35/37 owners around me that mod theirs is not really ricers. They buy the nicer stuff and dont hold back on nice exhuast and turbo set ups. But i have also ran into a few ricer ones as well. Think it is because they are getting cheap used. Case in point guy in one with black racing rims and annoying ricer sound exhaust tried like hell to get me to race..Till finally wife said just blow this guy away. It takes a lot to annoy her.
apparently he has something to prove by trying to beat a camaro. I wouldnt even pay attention to the dbag. Theres nothing to gain by giving him the time of day. Just point and laugh at him next time, that will get under his skin more.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I know here in indy there actually aren't a whole lot of the G35's that are modded. There are stock ones everywhere that normal people drive but on the street scene there are very few and they seem well put together. Usually just blacked windows and some nice wheels as far as appearance goes. Idk much about the drivers, I haven't met one yet...or raced one.

When I was shopping for my z28 I drove a G35 coupe at a dealership and I was surprised that it was actually a really nice car.

Quick Reply: Got killed -- G35.