Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got killed -- G35.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Got killed -- G35.

This is why I can't stand many of the G35 drivers I run into....

Nice looking silver G35 in my condo complex. Seen the guy around and there are tracks from a burnout in the parking lot right next to where he parks. With all of the old people and children in our complex, he's #1 on the list of "most likely to run over a person".

Leaving the complex I turn left onto the crowded 5-lane city street and see that he's following me. I accelerated smoothly (because of traffic) and am in the left lane behind a line of around 10 cars. My new buddy with his G35 merges, cuts off a guy in a Mercedes and does a fly by at about 65 (speed limit = 35 and with traffic it isn't moving any faster). There are 4 people in his car and the driver triumphantly throws a fist pump out of the window upon surpassing me. Nice win! The passengers seem ecstatic that they've flexed their muscle to a SS.

By his celebration I presume he considers his fly by a "win by default". I'm usually happy to educate others on my car's capabilities however I didn't see how cutting through tight traffic to run that guy down would be a good decision. Until next time we meet.

Cliff Notes: Douche G35 driver kills H/C/I/N2O Camaro SS on crowded city street because Camaro driver didn't race.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very honorable faux death sir! I hope that you never hear about that person injuring others.....
Old 04-28-2011, 11:40 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I focking hate that guy. His twin brother, new G35 and all lives right up the street from me. He drives though my little neighborhood in 1st gear at 30mph with a POS exhaust. How do people think that **** sounds good?

Everytime he drives by and I'm washing or wrenching on my car, he just stares at me.

Good death, better than getting 4 people injured. Your day will come
Old 04-28-2011, 11:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he sure showed you! "TAKE THAT!" silly catfish owner :x
Old 04-28-2011, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Dam all those mods and u still lost? Sell your car lol.....I hate people like that. We get those a lot on my side with 18yr olds in automatic 94 gt's with welded flows thinking theyr hot **** lol
Old 04-28-2011, 12:32 PM
TECH Resident

Silly Silly Silly
Old 04-28-2011, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

I will start by being respectful ... please lose the generalizations people. It is not the “G35 drivers” you hate and that G35 drivers are “douches”. It is the driver that happens to drive a G35 you hate or is a “douche”. By not confusing these ways of expressing oneself, may just keep one out of trouble. One never knows who is posting on or reading this board.

…. and yes, a G35S does share a bay right next to my SS in my garage.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSickLS1SS
he sure showed you! "TAKE THAT!" silly catfish owner :x
lol yeah burn!!
Old 04-28-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
I will start by being respectful ... please lose the generalizations people. It is not the “G35 drivers” you hate and that G35 drivers are “douches”. It is the driver that happens to drive a G35 you hate or is a “douche”. By not confusing these ways of expressing oneself, may just keep one out of trouble. One never knows who is posting on or reading this board.

The G35 owners that modify their cars around here are dbags as well. Seems the only ppl that buy em to modify them have that "im better than you" attitude. I could care less and stay quiet, but generalizing is like human nature, gonna be hard to change..
Old 04-28-2011, 02:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA

I have a G35 also,
I guess I am only a douche when I drive it and not when I drive my Camaro.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by proporio
I have a G35 also,
I agree, but when we drive the Camaro, we are probably a "douche" to the G35 owners ... typical ... just can't win ... lol!

It's also like sportbikes and Harley's ... when I rode my sportbike, Harley riders hated me and when I rode my Harley, sportbike riders hated me!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use to own a g37s coupe so I have a philosophy on the g35/37 camp. Not all guys are douchers. However look at the car now. You can get a g35 coupe pretty damn cheap. The ricer kids that are annoying as **** with fart can civics upgrade to g35's as the price drops. Long time g35 guys I know see it exactly as that. Same thing happened to fbodies. Why else is there a stigma about trailer trash and fbody owners? Because they are cheap an attainable by those types.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Off topic, but had a Nissan 350z owner with an aftermarket exhaust continually flooring it past me downtown a few weeks ago. His exhaust sounded like ****. My friends who were cruising with me were all in confusion how a VQ could sound that bad. Pulled up next to him the next light and said "Your car sounds like ****!"

Kid was a total tool too. Floored it past me and a cop pulling somebody else over while giving me the staredown the whole time

Sad death
Old 04-28-2011, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

A douche is a douche no matter what car they drive. You can't stereotype someone by the make/model of their car. You CAN stereotype someone by the look of their car however.

I'm going to the sand courts in town to play some volleyball. Typical summer night. I pull in and see this white G35 backed in. From a distance it looks ok...I get closer and low and behold, this tool has put GTR badges ALL over it. I guess they look like a GTR...If you close your eyes...

I ended up getting to drive a stock C6 because my gf's dad was VP at a Chevy dealership and guess who's driving down the bypass on my way out. He didn't want to run. I told her dad "I guess that GTR doesn't want to waste the gas on a stock C6"
Old 04-28-2011, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by proporio
I have a G35 also,
No, Camaro owners are douches, too.

Just messin'
Old 04-28-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

Op sense you live by him tell the g35 owner you wanna run him,say you wanna see how your exhaust only camaro does vs his all mighty g35. Tell him you know his car would win and build him up then take him on a empty road late night and blow his doors off....but make sure to record it for us: )...tell him before the race loser washes the other guys car and buys him a 6pack LOL.....then film that douche washing your car...
Old 04-28-2011, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

I also own a g35 but I have a sedan and it's an x. I like to get what the douchebags and chodes can't afford lol.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Midnight02
This is why I can't stand many of the G35 drivers I run into....

Nice looking silver G35 in my condo complex. Seen the guy around and there are tracks from a burnout in the parking lot right next to where he parks. With all of the old people and children in our complex, he's #1 on the list of "most likely to run over a person".

Leaving the complex I turn left onto the crowded 5-lane city street and see that he's following me. I accelerated smoothly (because of traffic) and am in the left lane behind a line of around 10 cars. My new buddy with his G35 merges, cuts off a guy in a Mercedes and does a fly by at about 65 (speed limit = 35 and with traffic it isn't moving any faster). There are 4 people in his car and the driver triumphantly throws a fist pump out of the window upon surpassing me. Nice win! The passengers seem ecstatic that they've flexed their muscle to a SS.

By his celebration I presume he considers his fly by a "win by default". I'm usually happy to educate others on my car's capabilities however I didn't see how cutting through tight traffic to run that guy down would be a good decision. Until next time we meet.

Cliff Notes: Douche G35 driver kills H/C/I/N2O Camaro SS on crowded city street because Camaro driver didn't race.
Damn, whats up with all this fist pumping lately? Oh my what the Jersey Shore has done to our society, lol. Another generation of douches in training.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
Damn, whats up with all this fist pumping lately? Oh my what the Jersey Shore has done to our society, lol. Another generation of douches in training.
Dunno. I'm a reformed G35 owner, and never once felt the compulsion to fist pump. It seems to be a catching thing though. The last fist pump bingo action I saw was from a posse of (probably drunk) teens in a base 5th gen Camaro near Chicago. Stomping that group of dorks into the ground with my portly family sedan felt quite satisfying.

Only real complaints I had about the G35 I owned was that it is wasn't very subtle. I had to concentrate leaving every red light so as to not look like I was jack rabbit starting all the time. Plus, the driver seat was REAL uncomfortable. Whoever thought it was a slick idea to put electronic controls in the top seat surface should be filleted.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I have found most G35/37 owners around me that mod theirs is not really ricers. They buy the nicer stuff and dont hold back on nice exhuast and turbo set ups. But i have also ran into a few ricer ones as well. Think it is because they are getting cheap used. Case in point guy in one with black racing rims and annoying ricer sound exhaust tried like hell to get me to race..Till finally wife said just blow this guy away. It takes a lot to annoy her.

Quick Reply: Got killed -- G35.