Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cam only TA vs 2011 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bh353
Are you serious? It took over 7500rpms for 507rwhp..lol and look at the tourqe not impressed.Good track car,but not a good street car.
If your not impressed with a 500whp mustang that makes it's power up top, then I'm with you. Then again, I'm not impressed with a goat that makes 450whp. Yawn! /Elitist scum sarcasm.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lets get this straight im talking A ******* DAILY DRIVING CAR....YOU KNOW STOP AND GO TRAFFIC..you will burn the clutch out of that mustang..believe me,my car is on the edge right now and that is with a 6.0..the bigger the cam the more displacement it takes to eat up the surge and bucking of a cam.
According to the dyno it made ~380rwtq at 3950, how in the hell is that not streetable? .... so for sake of argument lets say it made 300rwtq at 2500. You really think with "just" 300ft lbs its not gonna be streetable? You should pull that LS1 and put in a diesel. Then you'll have your 500rwtq at 1500rpms...perfectly streetable according to your standard.lol. Its obvious you've never driven a high rpm motor on the street, they'll more streetable then you think.

-Mark
Old 05-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a little dyno racing...H/C/I 346 LS1 vs H/C/I 5.0:

346 - 507whp @ 6700/445wtq@4800
http://guerragroup.com/PG6-14-07dyno2.jpg

5.0 - 508whp @ 7550/415wtq @ 5200
http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile....7097&showlnk=0

What's impressive is the LS1 is pretty much at 300ft/lbs of torque at only 2150-rpm and peak power at just 6700. Gotta love those pushrods.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by snake95
Do you try to sound stupid? or is it natural? On LS1tech (emphasis on the LS1) do you not think there are more owners with an LS based car than a DOHC Ford motor? Thus leading to more overall posts by LS owners instead of Ford owners? If you disagree, please let me know!
i could try to sound stupid and dumb it down for you but im still not sure you would understand.... Your right, i am sure there are hundreds of ls1's being beat by 5.0's but are too embarassed to post about it... hahaha There is actually a secret forum on here just for us poor ls1 guys who got beat by a 5.0 to post where no ford guys can see it. We have an image to uphold afterall...

Gee Id think there would be more 5.0 guys who wouldnt post a loss against a busted down 4th gen on ford forums as opposed to a 4th gen posting a loss here on tech to a newer car with more power and expected to lose stock for stock. I never said there would be more ford guys posting losses here on ls1tech. This would obviously apply to the ford forums, (emphasis on FORD). Dont know why a post just as pointless as your gets your panties in a wad. you called me stupid now thats funny
Old 05-11-2011, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, maybe 5.0 owners arent familiar with algores internets yet and thats why they cant represent on the webs!!!!! EPIC FAIL! Of course every LS tard on the planet knows the net forwards and backwards so thats teh cheat...right? LMFAO!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:30 AM
On The Tree

im done..lol some people don't even know the basics of an engine..

You do realize that the 5.0 has variable valve timing?
Old 05-11-2011, 01:52 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
What's impressive is the LS1 is pretty much at 300ft/lbs of torque at only 2150-rpm and peak power at just 6700. Gotta love those pushrods.
Ya I'm sure the almost 4" bore had NOTHING to do with it What the hell does pushrods have anything to do with it? Its all about the bore and stroke that "mainly" says where the power is made.

You guys keeps forgetting that in the N/A world cubes reign supreme. Did you really expect for a 302 inch motor to make as much low end 5.7L? Come on guys.... you're smarter than that. Smaller motors have to spin to make the same power as the larger motors as lower rpms.

-Mark
Old 05-11-2011, 02:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Good kill man,wow the ford boys are gonna have to be on tech 24/7 to defend all the mustangs getting killed this month,another one down lol,there nice but I have grown to hate them just because I'm sick of hearing about them. Have not seen much outta one yet
I couldnt agree with you more! Why there are FORD scum on a GM based website i have no idea. Had a conversation with a guy from my school to, I made it very clear that the new Z/28 is around the corner and is lurking for any 5.0's ballzy enough to start yappin. Granted the 5.0 is faster then my 99 SS but i expect that out of something 10 years newer, hell even 4 years newer. talk about Slackers with ford motor company.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:41 AM
Staging Lane

Ill also say this... Not to troll or anything but not since the Eliminator cobras has ford really been competitive. Lets face it if you took a 99 Cobra and put it up against 99 SS Camaro who would win. 03 & 04 Cobras had the luxury of a SUPERCHARGER!!! therefore edging my car out by a long shot. Not till this 5.0 have you FORD guys had something to cream your pants about. If the new mustang is so great then I hope to see it next year running Le Mans against the Vettes and M3's. Now i do apologize to your Mustang owners because im not trying to call you out, because my car has nothing much to show other than what little ive put into due to being a poor college student. My GM heritage has been installed into my head since I was conceived (THANKS DAD).
Old 05-11-2011, 02:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackDemonSS
I couldnt agree with you more! Why there are FORD scum on a GM based website i have no idea. Had a conversation with a guy from my school to, I made it very clear that the new Z/28 is around the corner and is lurking for any 5.0's ballzy enough to start yappin. Granted the 5.0 is faster then my 99 SS but i expect that out of something 10 years newer, hell even 4 years newer. talk about Slackers with ford motor company.
Come on man, are you serious? It's very impressive that an American manufacturer stepped up and delivered the goods. Who cares if it's a Ford, big deal.

As for the Z/28, it's going to cost more than the GT. There's a 2012 5.0 with 3.73's out here selling for $28,3xx, internet price. I went to the Chevy dealer tonight and couldn't find a single SS under 35k. That Z/28 is going to be scratching BOSS and higher MSRP, not really a direct competitor to the base 5.0. The fact is, the 5th gen. is mediocre, IMO. GM dropped the ball with everything but the LS3 under the hood.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:46 AM
Teching In

Ill also say this... Not to troll or anything but not since the Eliminator cobras has ford really been competitive. Lets face it if you took a 99 Cobra and put it up against 99 SS Camaro who would win. 03 & 04 Cobras had the luxury of a SUPERCHARGER!!! therefore edging my car out by a long shot. Not till this 5.0 have you FORD guys had something to cream your pants about. If the new mustang is so great then I hope to see it next year running Le Mans against the Vettes and M3's. Now i do apologize to your Mustang owners because im not trying to call you out, because my car has nothing much to show other than what little ive put into due to being a poor college student. My GM heritage has been installed into my head since I was conceived (THANKS DAD).
It's pretty obvious the 5.0 is a big step forward. Compared to the current competition, it is better. Tests seem to indicate it stacks up pretty well with the current M3, so I don't see your point.

I know you're a GM fanboy, but try to see past it. Go drive a new Camaro and a Mustang and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:08 AM
Staging Lane

The point im making is alot of us were way to young to remember the days when it was all about Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday. When auto racing defined performance cars. About the only thing ive seen similar to that is when the LS7 was built along side the motor used in the C6R Le Mans car.
Honestly I just couldn't drive either lol. The new camaro looks too bulky for my liking and well i dont have to explain. I will say this though alittle competition is a healthy thing.
Also I raced a new M3 at a stop light and i put about a carn half on him. But correct me if im wrong they do have alot of HP , yet lack the TQ of either my car or the new 5.0.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

show me a 500rwhp n/a 5.0 that is streetable and dosen't have to rev to the moon to hit 500rwhp..i don't think it can be done honestly.
Keep adding your own stipulations that it has to meet in order to be "fast" in your book...what's next? "Show me a 500rwhp n/a 5.0 that is streetable, is blue, has 2.73 gears, rides on 2 flat tires, the owner's name is Ted, and doesn't have to rev to the moon to hit 500rwhp."

Who gives a flying **** how high it has to rev to be fast? If a car is fast, it is fast, regardless if it shifts at 2100 rpms or 8900 rpms. Oh, and at the street being "where it matters". I guess these guys practicing to perfect their launches and gearing their cars to run through the traps at just the right RPM are doing it all wrong
Old 05-11-2011, 03:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
i could try to sound stupid and dumb it down for you but im still not sure you would understand.... Your right, i am sure there are hundreds of ls1's being beat by 5.0's but are too embarassed to post about it... hahaha There is actually a secret forum on here just for us poor ls1 guys who got beat by a 5.0 to post where no ford guys can see it. We have an image to uphold afterall...

Gee Id think there would be more 5.0 guys who wouldnt post a loss against a busted down 4th gen on ford forums as opposed to a 4th gen posting a loss here on tech to a newer car with more power and expected to lose stock for stock. I never said there would be more ford guys posting losses here on ls1tech. This would obviously apply to the ford forums, (emphasis on FORD). Dont know why a post just as pointless as your gets your panties in a wad. you called me stupid now thats funny
Okay, pay attention really closely
After deciphering your ****-ups in grammar and spelling, I think I get what you are saying. First, you are dramatizing my point that I made which stated there are most likely LS guys not posting losses to the 5.0 because of their pride. If you disagree, cool, end of story.

Next lesson, you are resorting to "supposed to lose to a newer car with more power, blah blah blah" and just making excuses, this is also comical.

Next, you responded saying I made a worthless post, after I retorted, you come back with your above (quoted) post and backpedal even more to say that you weren't mentioning ON HERE (as in ON LS1TECH) but, gee Wally, why would you respond to my post when I say this:
Originally Posted by snake95
I can't help but wonder how many deaths there have been to the new 5.0 by users but aren't getting posted because their pride has been scarred after so many people on here just say they're overhyped 24 hours a day. Oh well...we'll never know.

Good kill OP.
See the bolded and enlarged portion. A person with common sense would be able to figure out that if I mention "on here" I am of course referring to posters on here and people who read this forum. Why would I be including people on other forums? Am I supposed to think they read this forum, too? Why would I assume such a thing if they aren't a member

In other words: Even if there were an equal proportion of 5.0 guys losing to LS1's as LS1's losing to 5.0's, there would STILL BE MORE LS kills than 5.0 kills because we are on a General Motors based site, and the name of the site is LS1tech. In order the for the number of kill stories to be "equal" the 5.0 crowd would have to be murdering LS1's at an alarming rate, which would also diminish the number of LS kills posted.

What I just typed is most likely way over your head, but I couldn't help myself.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brians91formula
Looked like a pretty close race to me with the LS1 having better low-end while the 5.0 pulling better up top. Still, makes for some damn good competition. I wonder how the aftermarket will price head and cams swaps for the 5.0, if they ever make them affordable for the average consumer like an LS cam, our poor 10 year old LS1 is going to have its hands full!! Given Ford's aftermarket past history, it seems unlikely though.

What about stroker kits for the 5.0? Will there be any big cube N/A Fords competing against LSx 427's and bigger?
Old 05-11-2011, 05:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why do all 5.0 threads become pissing matches? Hell, all I did was post a race that happened. What's all this other BS that's been beaten to death.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

The 5.0 makes peak power above 7500 ok and? All that matters is where it falls to when he shifts. Long he stays in his power band then he is fine. Shifting my car at 7600rpms i drop to 5900ish. Well in the power of the car.

Last edited by ohioborn80; 05-11-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
Looked like a pretty close race to me with the LS1 having better low-end while the 5.0 pulling better up top. Still, makes for some damn good competition. I wonder how the aftermarket will price head and cams swaps for the 5.0, if they ever make them affordable for the average consumer like an LS cam, our poor 10 year old LS1 is going to have its hands full!! Given Ford's aftermarket past history, it seems unlikely though.

What about stroker kits for the 5.0? Will there be any big cube N/A Fords competing against LSx 427's and bigger?
Cams are out range from 800-1500. Ported heads will cost you about 1500 while the Boss heads are already posted and CNC machined upgrded springs/ valves will cost you 2500.

Livernois has a stroker kit out but it is high. To me not worth the price. To spend the money on it you could buy the ford racing big block that comes with 600hp.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Teching In

Whats an ELIMINATOR cobra is it similar to a terminator . And ford used a blower while gm used cube's, 6 of one half a dozen of another.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:27 AM
10 Second Club

The point im making is alot of us were way to young to remember the days when it was all about Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday. When auto racing defined performance cars. About the only thing ive seen similar to that is when the LS7 was built along side the motor used in the C6R Le Mans car.
Honestly I just couldn't drive either lol. The new camaro looks too bulky for my liking and well i dont have to explain. I will say this though alittle competition is a healthy thing.
Also I raced a new M3 at a stop light and i put about a carn half on him. But correct me if im wrong they do have alot of HP , yet lack the TQ of either my car or the new 5.0.
A M3 will not shine at red light to red light. Get in a roll race with one hwere he will use his high reving engine. They are quick cars. 12 sec cars factory also. So they are not no push over. Specially when modded. Only bad thing is they are so expensive to mod. A exhaust for one can cost you 5k. A turbo or SC can cost as much as 20k and then sometimes more. There is a guy here his turbo set up cost him 35k. His M3 is deadly on the streets but sucks at the strip. And it makes 680whp.

Quick Reply: Cam only TA vs 2011 5.0