Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cam only TA vs 2011 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
On a side note, did you go Friday? If so, what were the results?
Yes sir. Good news and bad news about that. Good news I went 10.1@139. Bad news, I fried the clutch after the first pass. Made it down the track good but as soon as I made it to the timing shack I smelled burnt clutch everywhere. lol I let it cool off and limped it on home. The McLeod twin-disk will be here Friday.

On the run the ramp rate either wasn't set properly or wasn't working at all. I 60 footed good but when nitrous ramped the tires spun HARD! With that figured out and some traction going down the track this car has got 9s easy.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Numbers meng.

Oh and Ohioborn80- check out the drag racing section. There is a SI list of bolt-on LS1's. 3 have made it into the 10's.

-Mark
I've heard 380 before from my tuner at straightline as one example he had on the dyno. Twas a factory freak, but he said the numbers were legit. Most others vary between 340-355ish on the same dyno for bolt ons. Not all dyno's are the same so i'm sure i can find a happy dyno that would say more.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Numbers meng.

Oh and Ohioborn80- check out the drag racing section. There is a SI list of bolt-on LS1's. 3 have made it into the 10's.

-Mark
I figured, just thought I'd ask. I believe the record is 381rwhp. Most are in the 340-360 range though.

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Yes sir. Good news and bad news about that. Good news I went 10.1@139. Bad news, I fried the clutch after the first pass. Made it down the track good but as soon as I made it to the timing shack I smelled burnt clutch everywhere. lol I let it cool off and limped it on home. The McLeod twin-disk will be here Friday.

On the run the ramp rate either wasn't set properly or wasn't working at all. I 60 footed good but when nitrous ramped the tires spun HARD! With that figured out and some traction going down the track this car has got 9s easy.

What clutch and size shot were you on?
Old 05-11-2011, 12:07 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
Off topic- I see you're in Joliet. I'm meeting a guy up there tomorrow at the mall to buy some parts.
Welcome to my dump of a town!!! If I were in town this week I'd swing by and say hi, but I'm in Vegas this week and won't be home till late tomorrow night.

What parts are you getting anyway? I have a garage full of ls1 crap.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

139mph trap is scootin!!!

What were the changes on that run from the last setup? And do you have the slip for that run?
Old 05-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by whatsnext
Whats an ELIMINATOR cobra is it similar to a terminator . And ford used a blower while gm used cube's, 6 of one half a dozen of another.
Yea my bad I meant Terminator. Forgive my ignorance. Mid-term today at noon brain is fried.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by willizm
Welcome to my dump of a town!!! If I were in town this week I'd swing by and say hi, but I'm in Vegas this week and won't be home till late tomorrow night.

What parts are you getting anyway? I have a garage full of ls1 crap.
Ha well hopefully your mall is entertaining since that's where we're meeting. PLEASE GOD tell me you have a Charley's Grilled sammiches in there?!?!? I have a feeling I'm going to make very good time once I cross the river, maybe.

I'm buying a couple LS6 heads, stock and Patriot stage 2, FAST 90mm intake/92mm tb, 36lb injectors, and a torquer 2. Might bring a couple extra benjamins and pick up a nitrous kit as well.

Need anything taken off yours hands while I'm up there? Just give me your garage code, I promise I'll leave some money.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Launching!

What clutch and size shot were you on?
Thanks man! Its on a 125-shot and the clutch is/was a Spec S2+.

139mph trap is scootin!!!

What were the changes on that run from the last setup? And do you have the slip for that run?
Here ya go Jay.

Differences were:
- Cam Motion 236/250 114* "nitrous" cam
- Yella Terra shaft mounted Rocker Arms
- Fast 102 manifold/NW 102 tb
- 57 jets on n20 side/31 fuel (roughly 125-shot)
Old 05-11-2011, 12:40 PM
12 Second Club

and the clutch is/was a Spec S2+.
Yuck, heard plenty bad things about Specs with more than bolt-ons. That twin disk will make life at the track much nicer.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks man! Its on a 125-shot and the clutch is/was a Spec S2+.

Here ya go Jay.

Differences were:
- Cam Motion 236/250 114* "nitrous" cam
- Yella Terra shaft mounted Rocker Arms
- Fast 102 manifold/NW 102 tb
- 57 jets on n20 side/31 fuel (roughly 125-shot)
I'm impressed bud. That's strong for a 347 man, congrats!!
Old 05-11-2011, 12:51 PM
12 Second Club

Hey willizm, which shirt should I wear up there? I will be pretty close to Chicago after all.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Launching!

Yuck, heard plenty bad things about Specs with more than bolt-ons. That twin disk will make life at the track much nicer.
The Spec 2+ actually had good driveability, rode similar to a stock clutch IMO. Just not that strong though. I suppose the S4 would be a better choice for serious applications.

I'm impressed bud. That's strong for a 347 man, congrats!!
Thanks. Im happy, for now atleast.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Launching!

Can't wait to tear the *** off of a new 5.0 Mustang.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:27 PM
9 Second Club

Winnar!!!!

Seriously laughing my *** off in my office. It is far south side so you should be ok wearing an anti cubs shirt. If someone like my sister see's you she might kick your *** though.

Too bad Hugger hasn't been around, he may take offense to that shirt.

Last edited by willizm; 05-11-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by oh2dub6
i will agree the 5.0 is probably an all around better car than a car THAT IS 10+ YEARS OLDER!!!!! it should be, you thought ford would have learned in 2005 when they changed the body style. but they didn't, they created a "all new" mustang that is still slower than a car released over 7 years ago, it is still funny to me to see people like ohio coming in and talking up a **** storm on why a car that is WAY newer (and infused with newer technology) should be beating a bolt on and maybe lightly camed LS1 cars.
Please save yourself from looking like an idiot and don't say "ford would have learned". What car was nothing but a memory in 2003? K thanks!

ohio...you're killing me smalls. You have GOT to be the biggest 5.0 fanboy I've seen.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by snake95
Please save yourself from looking like an idiot and don't say "ford would have learned". What car was nothing but a memory in 2003? K thanks!

ohio...you're killing me smalls. You have GOT to be the biggest 5.0 fanboy I've seen.
Damn dude, you are just full of insults aren't you? Someone's obviously not happy with their life. Besides I think the guy made a valid point.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:09 PM
9 Second Club

ohio...you're killing me smalls. You have GOT to be the most Epic 5.0 fanboy I've seen.
Fixed and agree
Old 05-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

Damn dude, you are just full of insults aren't you? Someone's obviously not happy with their life. Besides I think the guy made a valid point.
His comment was ignorant. If he would have said Ford should have made a faster Mustang, I would agree, but at the same time from Ford's standpoint, they were selling cars...which is...what...a...business is...supposed to do? Right? Please tell me if you disagree!...and insults? You're going to preach to me about insults? All you do is insult anybody and everybody who ever has a valid point that happens to put Ford in a positive spotlight. Give it up, dude.

Oh, thanks for your analysis of how content I am with life. I am very satisfied with my life, thanks You know of the defense mechanism called projection? I'm pretty sure that's what you're doing. Look it up.

All of this coming from the guy who has been subconsciously begging for acceptance ever since he sold his Mustang and got a Camaro...too funny
Old 05-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by willizm
Fixed and agree
What an *******!

(insult police please don't get your panties in a wad, the internet is the most serious place in the world)
Old 05-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Launching!

His comment was ignorant. If he would have said Ford should have made a faster Mustang, I would agree, but at the same time from Ford's standpoint, they were selling cars...which is...what...a...business is...supposed to do? Right? Please tell me if you disagree!...and insults? You're going to preach to me about insults? All you do is insult anybody and everybody who ever has a valid point that happens to put Ford in a positive spotlight. Give it up, dude.

Oh, thanks for your analysis of how content I am with life. I am very satisfied with my life, thanks [b]You know of the defense mechanism called projection? I'm pretty sure that's what you're doing. Look it up.

All of this coming from the guy who has been subconsciously begging for acceptance ever since he sold his Mustang and got a Camaro...too funny
Cool story brah!

Quick Reply: Cam only TA vs 2011 5.0