Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Typical Mustang owner... *sigh*

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Okkkk....

So a full bolt-on, tuned 5.0 with weight reduction, suspension, slicks and skinnies can run within a couple tenths of a BONE-STOCK Z06 at the track? Wow, im not suprrised.

And 123mph traps in a full weight/bolt-on 5.0 is just

I can't speak for everyone else but me personally im not buying your BS!
Well i will post the video for you..SO you can suck more wind. And lets see i have less then 5k in my car on top of 29k i paid for it, That is even with the visual mods. Compared to a 75k vette..I am impressed...And i said it would be a drivers race..Which a couple people even agreed..

Anyway video of my car bone stock with tires...Now you can suck wind, Believe or not..But there is your proof. Oh and we got talking **** at end cause of the 5th gen that was right by us with full exhaust/tune/cold air/DR's trying to talk **** all night that was running only 12.6s.

Oh if you look he also has videos posted of my G8 also. Which i posted videos of here also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVexXKJvQ_E&feature
Old 05-17-2011, 05:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I don't think he said that. He said bolt-ons. It's like you find anybody that has a Mustang, and try to start a fight with them. He's been saying this whole thread how it would take full bolt-ons in the Mustang and a less-than-stellar driver in a C6 Z06 to run even. And since most people with stock C6Zs run mid 11s (including one that posted in this thread), I don't think there is much argument against a full bolt-on GT having a chance against one at the track.
If you read the beginning of Redfires post you'll see where he states "full bolt-on 5.0". Im pretty sure he listed the other mods like "suspension, !weight, slicks, etc." since that's what it takes to run bottom 11's in a 5.0 (in the real world atleast).
Old 05-17-2011, 05:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
If you read the beginning of Redfires post you'll see where he states "full bolt-on 5.0". Im pretty sure he listed the other mods like "suspension, !weight, slicks, etc." since that's what it takes to run bottom 11's in a 5.0 (in the real world atleast).
Will agree with slicks/DR's..Two of my friends ran low 11s with only weight being different is rims, passenger seat but gone also had a cage in auto. Only suspension being LCA's, LCARLB. Sway bar delete on front. Shedding about 75-100lbs total. 1 is auto one is manual.

As far as each the 5.0 and ZO6's any given day you can watch them run times that should be faster or slower then most think.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Well i will post the video for you..SO you can suck more wind. And lets see i have less then 5k in my car on top of 29k i paid for it, That is even with the visual mods. Compared to a 75k vette..I am impressed...And i said it would be a drivers race..Which a couple people even agreed..

Anyway video of my car bone stock with tires...Now you can suck wind, Believe or not..But there is your proof. Oh and we got talking **** at end cause of the 5th gen that was right by us with full exhaust/tune/cold air/DR's trying to talk **** all night that was running only 12.6s.

Oh if you look he also has videos posted of my G8 also. Which i posted videos of here also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVexXKJvQ_E&feature
So because you post up a video that automatically throws all BS out the window I don't think so. lol The sharpest of us guys here aren't that easy. You sound like a whole lotta BS to me.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

So because you post up a video that automatically throws all BS out the window I don't think so. lol The sharpest of us guys here aren't that easy. You sound like a whole lotta BS to me.
What more proof you want..It shows under hood and everything..Car had less then 200 miles on it at time..

Search ohioborn80 you will see my car again in my youtube run high 11 with cold air, tune, gears and a bad tranny...

That like saying cause some guy showed a slip saying a stock ZO6 ran 11.5 is BS..I mean **** he could have had something done to it...Or any other cars times for that fact.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:18 PM
10 Second Club

What more proof you want..It shows under hood and everything..Car had less then 200 miles on it at time..

Search ohioborn80 you will see my car again in my youtube run high 11 with cold air, tune, gears and a bad tranny...

That like saying cause some guy showed a slip saying a stock ZO6 ran 11.5 is BS..I mean **** he could have had something done to it...Or any other cars times for that fact.
I don't need anymore proof other than what I have seen at the track and what my buddies run in their '11 GT's. That's proof enough for me. I'll let you enjoy "La La land".
Old 05-17-2011, 06:24 PM
10 Second Club

I don't need anymore proof other than what I have seen at the track and what my buddies run in their '11 GT's. That's proof enough for me. I'll let you enjoy "La La land".
Well they running slower that their issue. Maybe they need driver mod. Also as I know I am sure you do. DA can throw a time off bigger then ****. As well as track conditions. Even what level mustang can play. As a loaded and base model has can have 350lbs weight difference.
DA on my 12.1 run was +250ish..

Guys in PA are running faster then now then guys in TX with same mods on cars. They having DA's of 800 still we have DA's of 3000.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well they running slower that their issue. Maybe they need driver mod. Also as I know I am sure you do. DA can throw a time off bigger then ****. As well as track conditions. Even what level mustang can play. As a loaded and base model has can have 350lbs weight difference.

Guys in PA are running faster then now then guys in TX with same mods on cars. They having DA's of 800 still we have DA's of 3000.
You cant prove anything to the hardcore fan boy's on here so stop trying man, you have shown the video and that is more proof than anything else. Some of these guys have blinders on and always will. They are just trying to start **** so just ignore their childish comments
Old 05-17-2011, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

I run at SRP in northern CA. Track is at sea level.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:42 PM
10 Second Club

I run at SRP in northern CA. Track is at sea level.
A lot more then sea level effects it...
Old 05-17-2011, 06:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
You cant prove anything to the hardcore fan boy's on here so stop trying man, you have shown the video and that is more proof than anything else. Some of these guys have blinders on and always will. They are just trying to start **** so just ignore their childish comments
You are so right...They will hate forever...
Old 05-18-2011, 07:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

99% of that post is so ******* hard to read its insane. Do you proof read anything? Seriously I doubt you are in the military, and if you are I feel sorry for those you work with. Im impressed with your times for your mods, but your english skills are on par with a 3rd grader.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wow did I start a total flame war or what, haha. Here's the deal guys... I'm not saying that 5.0 Mustangs aren't fast cause they are. I've been around cars long enough to see some really crazy stuff and I'll be the first to admit that there's sleepers on there. I'm also the first to know when someone's throwing some BS in my face.

All stuff aside, I know my car isn't a car to launch with which is why I don't. Any race from a roll is a straight HP race since everything that would work in a car's favor on a launch to earn some major time (ie: suspension, tires, weight, even a torque converter) are completely negated. That being said, my car is putting over 560 at the tires, have walked Z06's that weigh 1000lbs less than me - and to have a "stock 5.0 with exhaust" not be 20 cars back, especially on the big end is down right BS. The guy had a fast car, I'm not going to say he didn't; but, don't BS a BS'er and tell me that you just have exhaust.

THAT.... was the point to my story.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss1129
99% of that post is so ******* hard to read its insane. Do you proof read anything? Seriously I doubt you are in the military, and if you are I feel sorry for those you work with. I'm impressed with your times for your mods, but your English skills are on par with a 3rd grader.
He seemed to know/understand what i was saying. Its funny that only thing you ever got is well i couldn't understand fix grammar..

As far as the car with its mods. Thanks.. I think people are used to mustangs being slow. Least with just bolt ons any way. I know my bolt on G8 used to rape some supercharged mustangs and bolt on mustangs. After going and test driving the 11 GT i knew it was way faster then my G8. I can't wait to get home and drive it now with everything done to it. Will also be dropping it off for a custom nitrous kit when get home if everything goes right. Some info 2-15lbs bottles/nano kit, bottle heaters, openers, and a hidden purge, and just a baby shot.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

Good for Ford FINALLY, I guess the people that own 2011 and Z06 around CANT DRIVE.

The last thing is I LOL at all the Ford guys on here?? Why would you come on a GM board? we even have Mods on here that are Ford guys, Nothing wrong with ford Except they are SLOW, till the 2011 5.0L.

It makes me Laugh at all the Mustang brokeback Mountain boys. Just saying.

Yes I have signed up for the SVTxx boards because I had a Ford, but I dont Toll them.

Ohio Glad you have One bad Ride, But you tote your car in here like a gay guy at a straight mens convention. again Just Saying
Old 05-18-2011, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bolt on 5.0s running with a stock 427 Z06? It takes a 550rwhp+ blown Cobra to do that. Any of you bolt on 5.0s running with twin screw Cobras?
Old 05-18-2011, 02:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Bolt on 5.0s running with a stock 427 Z06? It takes a 550rwhp+ blown Cobra to do that. Any of you bolt on 5.0s running with twin screw Cobras?
We are talking a drag race. On the street the ZO6 will walk a bolt on 5.0...At the strip a lot of things can come into play. Street is going to show more raw power.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by stockz
Good for Ford FINALLY, I guess the people that own 2011 and Z06 around CANT DRIVE.

The last thing is I LOL at all the Ford guys on here?? Why would you come on a GM board? we even have Mods on here that are Ford guys, Nothing wrong with ford Except they are SLOW, till the 2011 5.0L.

It makes me Laugh at all the Mustang brokeback Mountain boys. Just saying.

Yes I have signed up for the SVTxx boards because I had a Ford, but I dont Toll them.

Ohio Glad you have One bad Ride, But you tote your car in here like a gay guy at a straight mens convention. again Just Saying
I am pretty sure they had fast Ford's before 2011..Hmm Ford GT, Cobra's, GT500's..Yep well before 2011.

And i don't tote i tell simple facts that i have seen in person..So how you know what a gay guy totes like? hmmmm
Old 05-18-2011, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We are talking a drag race. On the street the ZO6 will walk a bolt on 5.0...At the strip a lot of things can come into play. Street is going to show more raw power.
My local track has seen a few high 10 second stock Z06s, all close to 130. JPC's 5.0 (as well as a half dozen others) needed not only bolt ons but weight reduction, gears, suspension work AND NITROUS to duplicate that - and STILL fell short.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:36 PM
***Repost Police***

That is ONE car at ONE track.