Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.3 s10 vs R1

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 02:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah Something isnt right. Id say 5th gear roll on or 6th. And no way 11inch strech Lmao.

Not doggin on your truck but there is a huge difference between someone trapping 13X ish and 110 ish
Old 05-22-2011, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1dirtybird
yeah Something isnt right. Id say 5th gear roll on or 6th. And no way 11inch strech Lmao.

Not doggin on your truck but there is a huge difference between someone trapping 13X ish and 110 ish
yea man i hear that...i need to just call the fella up and get a rematch with everything on video so everyone is satisfied..and tell him to get that thing on a dyno to make sure everythings in working order
Old 05-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I told you guys that Yamaha's are slower then ****. It's embarrassing to us real sportbike owners.

If you use a sportbike how it should be used, you know that yamaha's leave most bikes in the corners. But you ride a ZX14, so you wouldn't know about taking corners.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by violent_celerity

If you use a sportbike how it should be used, you know that yamaha's leave most bikes in the corners. But you ride a ZX14, so you wouldn't know about taking corners.
ZX14's can take corners. It just takes a great ride to do so. But i much rather have a liter bike. The weight and pure size of the 14/busa just sucks in general in the twisty's.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by L$X$10
yea man i hear that...i need to just call the fella up and get a rematch with everything on video so everyone is satisfied..and tell him to get that thing on a dyno to make sure everythings in working order
Honestly, just find another rider with another bike. If you race the same guy on the same bike and the results are the same then you're just gonna catch more crap.

Go find a stock 600 with a decent rider.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

.this really isnt an unbelievable scene if you think about it
There definitely is something unbelievable about that. You would be lucky to have that same outcome with a well-ridden stock 600, let alone a MODDED liter bike. Here is my friend's bike, just an 03 CBR954RR with a few mods (gears kill the top end) but this bike would be slower than that R1 and look how fast it jumps from 50-100 (3-4 seconds), and 140 comes up real quick as well (~8 seconds). That rider sucks, it's not an R1, or it is running like dog ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqdIQbQxHcc

not saying its 11" though
Yes you did...

mods on the bike are:
full micron exhaust headers, air shifter, stretched 11 inches, power commander, 520 chain, 72 toothe sprocket, 200 back tire
Old 05-22-2011, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lmao.. he could have let you take the hit and it still would have looked like you pulled your e brake and put it in reverse. Should have seemed as if you didn't kick it.

He was either messing with you or one of the absolute worse riders I have ever seen. Or his bike is fucked.
Imagine racing a 140+ mph car... a 140+mph cars Is what? 800+rwhp in most scenarios.

A bone stock early 600 with a sub 200# average rider would leave you sitting. Even they trap low-mid 120s on average, aka full bolt heads cam m6 fbody times. And you started in his sweet spot.

Nice truck but not even comparable to a liter bike.. no matter what, it is not imaginable.

02 954rr full exhaust and sprockets me riding
03 pullied cobra... put down 450rwhp trapped around 92 in the 1/8 before a bit better tune DA was around 2400

Raced from 50 mph with me 1st, I raised and short shifted and hit the limited on the 2-3 shift, It was 1 week after I got it and was use to 600 powerband. had some buddies watching. They said they thought I just took off. They didnt even think we were racing. He let off around 90mph because it was already absolutely embarrassing. I was glancing in my mirror, I was pulling so hard I couldn't even tell he let off.

The throttle response alone should have gave him an **immediate 1+ car jump, even if your truck was fast enough to real it In.

Awesome you kept up with it but please remember that with even a stock 600 and a decent rider It will rip you a new one. Would hate to see you look dumb cause you talked **** and then that happened.

Thanks for the vid as well!
Old 05-22-2011, 12:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

600rr...full exhaust and shitty rider - I demolished this bike vs my 954. I could play with It, wasn't even a race
03 cobra.. ported pullied etc..510+rwhp/rwtq.. same one I raced just more mods now

Iirc they started around 40 and let off around 140. Remember rider was not good

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/g...1108090024.mp4

This cobra with the same mods put about 2 lengths from 40-100 on my trans am, times in Sig.. and got beat by about 2 lengths by an AFR head custom cam c5z that put down around 460rwhp.

Just showing you why we are saying that in any scenario, that race is messed up horribly. Not even remotely close to what should happen, not even with a 600.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by L$X$10 View Post
not saying its 11" though
Yes you did...

did you not see where i said i copied the list of mods from a text the guy sent me???
ok so you can understand this...i did in fact say it was 11" stretch(bc it was copied from the text) BUT i would not put it past the fella lying about it...thats what my statement was referring to when i said "not saying its an 11" though" because i do not know..im only going off of what the rider said
Old 05-22-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i know a stock 600 with a good rider would eat my truck up all day long..i am just simply talking about this race...with everything in perfect conditions this guy should have raped me this i know..but he didnt..im just putting this video up with actual footage of a little cam only 5.3 running close behind a r1 with mods(shitty driver, messed up bike, etc.)

this is the first post i read when i googled stock 600cbr 1/4 mile times:
"took my 07 600rr to the strip last week. my best was a 10.41 @ 133.25. it's completely stock except for up 1 rear sprocket. had a 1.74 60 ft, 6.74 @109.80 in the 1/8. outran a couple of stretched 1000's too. that was fun. pissed them off though. i really think it will go into the 30's if go back. i might try stock gearing, because it crossed the finish line just barely going into the rev limiter. this is pretty much what you want, but it might go a smidge more mph, hopefully not loosing much off of the 60 ft times."

what do get from this? that a good rider on a 600 will take care of a bad rider on a modded 1000

Last edited by L$X$10; 05-22-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

As long as you know.

And yes, anything can happen on the street!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by violent_celerity

LMAO at your assumptions and ignorance. How about this: I only road race my 14. I have NEVER lost to a 600 in the twisties. Hell, there's only a couple guys in my state that can even hang with me on 1000's up in the mountains.

23 yrs of racing motorcycles gives me that advantage. Road course and mountain roads.

Yeah a 14 (even with my suspension/brake mods) is handicapped in low speed corners and I have a helluva time staying with VERY VERY VERY good riders on smaller bikes in under 60mph corners. But once the speeds come up, it takes care of business. The biggest issue is the weight and throwing it around quickly- not a problem for me as I'm damn good and strong enough to slam it around like it's a 600.

It took me 3 years, but I finally shut up everyone on my local bike websites about there prejudices against big guys and big bore bikes in the handling department.

This video is an example: This was the last group of guys that talked smack about outhandling me on my 14 with there 600's, TLRs, and ducatis: I told them I would keep the rpms down and not walk them in the straights, pure cornering. I ended up having to keep waiting for them to catch back up. This was the only road not snowed in, and not very long but it got the point across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqwLkYfz5bk

This is most of them at the turn around point. The only guys smiling/laughing were my friends who wanted to see it go down. Some of the **** talkers simply left because they didn't want to face me, the others... well look at there faces in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3Zv82Oj0OQ

Last edited by Sticks n Stones; 05-22-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

i know a stock 600 with a good rider would eat my truck up all day long..i am just simply talking about this race...with everything in perfect conditions this guy should have raped me this i know..but he didnt..im just putting this video up with actual footage of a little cam only 5.3 running close behind a r1 with mods(shitty driver, messed up bike, etc.)
Under these circumstances, why even post it?
Old 05-22-2011, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

because i posted it as soon as i got out of the truck and sat down..i was excited i did so well against this stretched 1000cc bike...forgive me for wanting to share a street racing video in the street racing section
Old 05-22-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Just a question, doesn't matter to me I was just curious.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Don't let the ZX14 fool you. It can get it in the twisties a lot better than most think. I think it is sort of natural train of thought to just assume it is about equal to a Hayabusa. I have rode both and the 14 is a far superior bike handling wise, granted it was an older Busa and I can not attest to a newer model. But regardless the 14 is by no means a bad handling bike and with an experienced rider could definitely do more than hold its own. It will never be able to do some of the things smaller bikes can do just because of it's physical handicaps (IE weight and wheelbase) but it is not a bike to be slept on.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andrew1989
Don't let the ZX14 fool you. It can get it in the twisties a lot better than most think. I think it is sort of natural train of thought to just assume it is about equal to a Hayabusa. I have rode both and the 14 is a far superior bike handling wise, granted it was an older Busa and I can not attest to a newer model. But regardless the 14 is by no means a bad handling bike and with an experienced rider could definitely do more than hold its own. It will never be able to do some of the things smaller bikes can do just because of it's physical handicaps (IE weight and wheelbase) but it is not a bike to be slept on.
New busa handles better below 100mph then the 14. The 14 comes back as the speeds increase and by 140+mph it surpasses the busa with it's ability to go full lean and remain so stable you could take one hand off the bar. My brakes are better stock and alot better with my SS lines and red pads, and my racetec suspension makes a HUGE difference in handling. That being said, the steeper steering rake and lower handlebars of the busa make it naturally more agile.

^^^ and yes, that means I've been full lean peg/fairing scraping at over 150mph. Alot of times actually.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:36 AM
On The Tree

New busa handles better below 100mph then the 14. The 14 comes back as the speeds increase and by 140+mph it surpasses the busa with it's ability to go full lean and remain so stable you could take one hand off the bar. My brakes are better stock and alot better with my SS lines and red pads, and my racetec suspension makes a HUGE difference in handling. That being said, the steeper steering rake and lower handlebars of the busa make it naturally more agile.

^^^ and yes, that means I've been full lean peg/fairing scraping at over 150mph. Alot of times actually.
You're a little bit nuts.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
ZX14's can take corners. It just takes a great ride to do so. But i much rather have a liter bike. The weight and pure size of the 14/busa just sucks in general in the twisty's.
They can, but no nearly as willingly as a supersport bike.

I know that 14's and busa's can handle, but their significant weight increase and longer wheelbase over a liter bike give them a big disadvantage obviously.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And you have Colt .45's for nut's also, and no I don't mean the drink, .45 caliber Pistols Sir.