Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My most impressive kill

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 05:01 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah... mid-high 9s @ ~145mph for a stock/minimal mods CBR1000RR (or any newer liter bike) is about right.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by good2go
Absolutely not mid 9's. MAYBE, MAYBE, top 9's to mid 10's with very good air. On the other hand I don't see a stock wheelbase cbr1000 with minimal mods running that quick either. Am I wrong?
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Yeah... mid-high 9s @ ~145mph for a stock/minimal mods CBR1000RR (or any newer liter bike) is about right.
This.

On average with a few normal mods, like the one you ran.. mid-high 9s@145 is about spot on.
Bone stock high 9s-bottom 10s@140+.

Simply put, your car is one Hell of a street car. But this bike with a good rider would have walked you pretty good. Even a stock liter bike would have walked you pretty good. I would say a 750 would be a good race, them still have an advantage until 120+. You should walk a 600.

To even hang with a liter bike is impressive. But like stated it takes around 800rwhp to go have fun with liter bikes. One major thing they have is insane throttle response and extremely long gears from normal roll speeds, gives them a huge jump at the beginning.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lemons12
But like stated it takes around 800rwhp to go have fun with liter bikes.
800whp? are we using jay leno's tank car?

i watched a 690whp t56 fox coupe handle a stock liter bike. neither driver nor rider had much, if any, room for improvement. the bike pulled ahead 1 length or so every time off the hit, but got reeled in. slowly but surely around 125 the car caught up and crept past.

the bike was going mid-high 9s @ 140ish and the car went high 10s in the high 130s...skating on drag radials.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

nice kill. a win is a win and anything an happen on the street
Old 05-24-2011, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by s346k

i watched a 690whp t56 fox coupe handle a stock liter bike. neither driver nor rider had much, if any, room for improvement. the bike pulled ahead 1 length or so every time off the hit, but got reeled in. slowly but surely around 125 the car caught up and crept past.

the bike was going mid-high 9s @ 140ish and the car went high 10s in the high 130s...skating on drag radials.
Most guys I ride with have a slip on/sprockets at minimum, other full exhaust filter tune, some stretched and strapped etc.. I only have one friend that was stock and it was his first bike.

I'm going to guess this foxs raceweight was somewhere in the 3200 range? What make and year was the bike?
For a 3500 or so race weight it will take damn close to 800rwhp to outrun most liter bikes.

Low 3000# it can be done most of the time with 725-750.. mid 3000# it will take 775-800.. most true street cars are closer to that 3500# mark.
800 was on the safe side.
In most cases 690rwhp will not get the job done. And with that amount of power from a normal 30-50 roll the bike **should have gained more than one length.

I have seen plenty of 7xx whp cars get walked by your average liter bike riding around town to think otherwise.

My white car put down 425ish rwhp and weight 3250 with me in it. I outran PLENTY of 600s in it. That doesn't mean 425rwhp and 3250 will outrun a 600, it means I mostly ran people who couldn't ride their bike. I had one awesome run with a 600rr..35-135.. he jumped me about 1-1 1/4 lengths.. around 110 I was even and around 130 I have a fender on him. The rest I pulled 2-3 lengths on, beat one 750 etc etc..

I have raced way too many bikes with my bikes way too many cars with my bikes and way too many bikes with my cars for anyone to tell me different.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

You guys are goin by what the rag mags say on those bikes. The guys riding them in those tests are pro's and don't care if they trash a clutch to get the #. Most guys won't run within .5 sec of what the mags say. The only bike I've ever seen go the # it's suppose to is the 'Busa....and that's probally because 'Busa's are relitively easy to ride.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
You guys are goin by what the rag mags say on those bikes. The guys riding them in those tests are pro's and don't care if they trash a clutch to get the #. Most guys won't run within .5 sec of what the mags say. The only bike I've ever seen go the # it's suppose to is the 'Busa....and that's probally because 'Busa's are relitively easy to ride.
Are you talking ab my times I'm quoting? I'm quoting those from personal first hand experience and multiple bike forums I am on.

Go poke around and see what guys are running. Hell, tons of people hit bottom 10s on their first trip ever to the track on a bone stock bike. Throw a few mods at it or 20 passes and that's high 9s all day.
Just strapping and or stretching a bike will pick you up a great bit.

The trap isn't hard to achieve.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Now your goin from bone stock runnin in the 9's to modded runnin in the 9's. I have a few friends that can ride and typically they are .5 off the mags....which would mean if the mag went a 9.8 they would go a 10.3+/-.
I'm no stranger to the 1/4...even on my own bike. A FZ6 which the mags say it went 11.2-11.4 and I made it go a 11.8...but I did have my GIVI on the back and my touring windsheild on. I was'nt wanting to kill the clutch either.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by s346k

Do you know what kind of bike this was? From my experiences 800whp is about accurate and maybe even a little low based on some platforms. I consider my bike average as far as liter bikes go, most you run into will probably have similar mods. I am fairly confident that any car with less than 700whp would need to be less than 3000lbs to run close to my bike. The only time a liter bike should lose against a car on street tires is from a roll where it gets full traction. This is based on my experiences, your mileage may vary.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Now your goin from bone stock runnin in the 9's to modded runnin in the 9's. I have a few friends that can ride and typically they are .5 off the mags....which would mean if the mag went a 9.8 they would go a 10.3+/-.
I'm no stranger to the 1/4...even on my own bike. A FZ6 which the mags say it went 11.2-11.4 and I made it go a 11.8...but I did have my GIVI on the back and my touring windsheild on. I was'nt wanting to kill the clutch either.
Bone stock most are going to run very high nines. Few mods and you will be solid very high lines with a few mph better trap. Why? Without strapping/stretching it etc its going to be hard to keep it down. Doing something to keep it down will give more of an et reduction than power adders at that point.

Even at that from a roll, even a 10 mph, that is out the window. At that point all you have to do is shift gears correctly which isn't rocket science but some how plenty of people manage to screw it up.

Andrew hit it right on the head.. I was trying to be a bit nice about it.. but there you go.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:54 AM
On The Tree

Well, I dunno. I'm sure you guys with bike experience know more about how these run than I do, but...
1. The owner said he ran an 11.0 here.
2. I've shown video of another cbr1000rr running an 11.0 here.
3. He also said it dyno'd 134 rwhp here.
4. My car runs the back half of the quarter like a 10.9 car, here, and we went from a roll, eliminating my crappy launch skillz.
5. My car is geared tall also, my shift points are 62, 93, 127, and 165, I don't waste a lot of time to multiple shifts either.

Bottom line I told it gospel. Looking at the numbers with the altitude effects, I can't say the rider was the limiting factor. If I meet up with another liter bike and rider and get absolutely spanked I'll say that too.

wanna hear how I like to embarrass Shelbys and Corvettes with my 11.8 sec/119 mph 4 door cadillac?
Old 05-25-2011, 08:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm not meAning to take anything away. Awesome race and kill.

I'm more trying to say I wouldn't exactly expect that with all liter bikes, especially modded.

Was not trying to "hate" on you, more informing.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

I'm not meAning to take anything away. Awesome race and kill.

I'm more trying to say I wouldn't exactly expect that with all liter bikes, especially modded.

Was not trying to "hate" on you, more informing.
Neither am I. I am not calling BS on you in any way shape or form. I am just trying to attest to how these bikes run from my experiences and how they match up to cars. I can not attest to to power loss at altitude like you so you would know more than me at that point. Are your horsepower numbers at elevation?
Old 05-25-2011, 08:50 AM
10 Second Club

No doubt a win is a win!!

That bike is 9s@150+ capable. Not sure what that equates to in 6000 DA but I wouldn't assume it would drop to 11s and 130s.

For a newer liter bike it usually takes around 750+rwhp to give them a run. Of course this is assuming the rider is competent.

Let's say for a second your car was fast enough to beat the bike. It would have taken you until around 130 to reel him in and pass him if you left at the same time. He only has to shift one time when he is at 100mph, that alone gives a huge advantage.

You shouldn't get absolutely embaressed, like the s10 liter bike thread, but it should have a decent advantage his way.

Got any vids of your car action? Sounds like a sweet little setup.

Sorry brother but I don't think it will hit 150mph in the 1/4 with the said mods.. I live at sea level and my buddies busa with the same mods went high 9's@ 141-145mph. A busa would smoke the **** out of a CBR1000RR..

Last edited by odarabla; 05-25-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by odarabla
Sorry brother but I don't think it will hit 150mph in the 1/4 with the said mods.. I live at sea level and my buddies busa with the same mods went 141mph. A busa would smoke the **** out of a CBR1000RR..
a stock later bike will trap 140.. few mods can get them to 145.. full exhaust, tune, filter, etc will get it real real close.

A busa isnt much faster, if at all in many cases, than a liter bike in the 1/4.
Especially if you are talking first few years of busa vs newer liter bike.

People think a b Lisa will absolutely destroy a liter bike and that is not the case.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I will say it takes a car with a lot of power to beat a bike. Specisally a liter bike.

At our local track most 1000's are low 10s and a few dip into the 9s. The 600's are right there as well. Mid-low 10s. You can tell the guys that can ride though and the ones that are noob's. Busa's/ZX14's run average of high 9s. The guys that can ride launch hard but never really pull there wheels. They know how to feather the clutch.

On the street on a roll race the bike still has all the advantage. Its long gears and 13K+ red line make it easy to ride. Not to mention bikes get more powerful every year. The new BMW and MV Agusta make over 195hp each. That is more then the busa and ZX14.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:13 AM
10 Second Club

a stock later bike will trap 140.. few mods can get them to 145.. full exhaust, tune, filter, etc will get it real real close.

People think a b Lisa will absolutely destroy a liter bike and that is not the case.
His bike is a 2007 or a 2008 Busa and I have another friend with a 2009 GSXR1000. We ran both bikes then switched drivers and ran both bikes again and both times the Busa with stock header and a slip-on pipe, intake, sprocket and a basic tune smoked the **** out of the GSXR1000 with full exhaust, intake, Sprocket and a dyno tune. When I say smoked the **** out of it I mean by 3-4 bike lengths by the 1/4.. From a roll from about 40mph to about 150 the Busa has put 4-5 lengths on the GSXR1000 and the Suzuki's seem to be the faster bikes on the market compared to the Honda's and the Yamaha's.
Am I wrong?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

This is accurate and even on the conservative side pending sexy driver mod. Stock should trap over 140 given a ballpark 200 pound decent rider. Basic mods should trap 145+/- pending vehicle weight and rider weight. When you take it to the next level and stretch/drop/strap things vary more but ETs should drop and MPH improve some as well.

I am 185 pounds in leathers. I tend to keep my bike as she sits now at stock length/height with basic mods and 93 octane tune. This netted me the 171 at the wheel, my best run was 9.44 @ 147 with this set up. I have an extended swing arm, air shifter, and straps in my garage. My bike has an adjustable lowering link and I have an MR12 tune saved I can upload if I want. These mods that I can attach in half a day will net me a functional drag bike. With these mods/tune I ran 9.18 @ 154.

I agree with you on the Busa topic. Liter bikes are generally always faster to 150 than a Busa, the power to weight ratio is not close. After 150 the slight power advantage and better aerodynamics of the Busa will allow it to pass the gaggle of liter bikes ahead of it.

Originally Posted by odarabla
His bike is a 2007 or a 2008 Busa and I have another friend with a 2009 GSXR1000. We ran both bikes then switched drivers and ran both bikes again and both times the Busa with stock header and a slip-on pipe, intake, sprocket and a basic tune smoked the **** out of the GSXR1000 with full exhaust, intake, Sprocket and a dyno tune. When I say smoked the **** out of it I mean by 3-4 bike lengths by the 1/4.. From a roll from about 40mph to about 150 the Busa has put 4-5 lengths on the GSXR1000 and the Suzuki's seem to be the faster bikes on the market compared to the Honda's and the Yamaha's.
Am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

My apologies the OP for this thread getting off topic. This will probably get locked.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Andrew1989
This is accurate and even on the conservative side pending sexy driver mod. Stock should trap over 140 given a ballpark 200 pound decent rider. Basic mods should trap 145+/- pending vehicle weight and rider weight. When you take it to the next level and stretch/drop/strap things vary more but ETs should drop and MPH improve some as well.

I am 185 pounds in leathers. I tend to keep my bike as she sits now at stock length/height with basic mods and 93 octane tune. This netted me the 171 at the wheel, my best run was 9.44 @ 147 with this set up. I have an extended swing arm, air shifter, and straps in my garage. My bike has an adjustable lowering link and I have an MR12 tune saved I can upload if I want. These mods that I can attach in half a day will net me a functional drag bike. With these mods/tune I ran 9.18 @ 154.

I agree with you on the Busa topic. Liter bikes are generally always faster to 150 than a Busa, the power to weight ratio is not close. After 150 the slight power advantage and better aerodynamics of the Busa will allow it to pass the gaggle of liter bikes ahead of it.

Yes, you are wrong.
Who the **** are you to tell me what I did and proved was wrong? I was the one driving one of the bikes and we swapped! Don't tell me I'm wrong when I know what the hell I've done!!

O.K. Edit post: I was referring to the Suzuki's running and you were referring to the other brand bikes. I am sorry for the above said post..

Quick Reply: My most impressive kill