Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

AWD TBSS vs. Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 04:50 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default AWD TBSS vs. Mach 1

Picked up a Red Jewel 06 TBSS last week and a buddy at work asked me to take him for a ride on lunch tonight. We get on the highway and I see Mustang taillights up ahead. Creep up and it's a red Mach 1. Rev, he's game... 3 honks at 50 and I jump out about two trucks instantly. By 120 he had pulled right back beside me. Not bad for a Stock TBSS with the only mod being a muffler delete. Mustang sounded not stock as well...
Old 05-27-2011, 05:27 AM
Staging Lane

1st post! IBTL

Old 05-27-2011, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all i can say is its just a good thing it wasnt a 5.0... maybe you didnt get the memo? We dont post wins/ties to mustangs anymore.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Teching In

Wow i know mach 1's are slow but not that slow
Old 05-27-2011, 09:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TBSS's are definitely a shocker for those who don't know about them. Very similar to an LT1 in performance. Auto Mach + you taking the hit makes this one not hard to imagine.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whatsnext
Wow i know mach 1's are slow but not that slow
LOL, well i raced my mechanics TBSS 2wd and easily pulled away on it. Must have been a fairly stock Mach1. Either way to stay ahead for that long you did good.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
all i can say is its just a good thing it wasnt a 5.0... maybe you didnt get the memo? We dont post wins/ties to mustangs anymore.
Damn, guess I've been away for too long. LOL Mustang had exhaust for sure. And I didn't take the hit. He was on it at 3 honks too. After Exhaust, Efan, Cam, CAI, stall and tune Next spring I'm pretty sure even a new 5.0 is gonna have it's hands full.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WSsick
TBSS's are definitely a shocker for those who don't know about them. Very similar to an LT1 in performance. Auto Mach + you taking the hit makes this one not hard to imagine.
From a dig is where it's at in this truck. Gotta love factory 4.10's! If you still have those Patriot's next spring. I'm gonna pick them up... Wife says if I mod my truck before I put new tires on her car I'm in the dog house...
Old 05-27-2011, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zac_Speed
From a dig is where it's at in this truck. Gotta love factory 4.10's! If you still have those Patriot's next spring. I'm gonna pick them up... Wife says if I mod my truck before I put new tires on her car I'm in the dog house...
If I have them by then they will be on a car of my own....for many months. I don't plan on having these forever.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WSsick
If I have them by then they will be on a car of my own....for many months. I don't plan on having these forever.
****, seems like it's been forever I've been seeing them in your sig...
Old 05-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Exhaust on any car if it is only a catback means zilch and i have drove a rear wheel drive tbss and it was no where near what my car was stock, sorry.But i have never drove or seen an auto mach run so maybe they are that much slower.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by whatsnext
Exhaust on any car if it is only a catback means zilch and i have drove a rear wheel drive tbss and it was no where near what my car was stock, sorry.But i have never drove or seen an auto mach run so maybe they are that much slower.
You can come up with whatever conclusion you need to dude. I posted this because I was excited it was my first run. And for what it's worth the fastest stock TBSS has gone 13.3.. And yes catback is zilch, but my truck sounds a lot better with the muffler delete at WOT. If it wasn't for the fact my 14 y/o needs braces and my wife's car needs tires; I'd be modding already...

I do think without a doubt from a dig it woulda been worse for the mustang because this truck just ****'s an gets in first gear. Then it hits second and slows due to how long second is..

After some bolt-ons/ stall / cam I should be in the bottom 12's! This is my DD though so I'm not going to go too wild. Something to keep me happy till Ford decides to give the $10/hr they took from me 2 years ago back. Then it's C6Z time!
Old 05-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Picked up a Red Jewel 06 TBSS last week and a buddy at work asked me to take him for a ride on lunch tonight. We get on the highway and I see Mustang taillights up ahead. Creep up and it's a red Mach 1. Rev, he's game... 3 honks at 50 and I jump out about two trucks instantly. By 120 he had pulled right back beside me. Not bad for a Stock TBSS with the only mod being a muffler delete. Mustang sounded not stock as well...
Good Story, man. Yea..two trucks and then you woke up Video please
Stock Mach 1 M5 is good for low 13's stock. TBSS are 13.8. Even if the MACH was an Auto, he would be running next to you if not pulling on you

Last edited by MACH32V; 05-27-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MACH32V
Goos Story, man. Yea..two trucks and then you woke up
Maybe you should grow up?

Edit: Even better, your sig says best stock pass was a 13.23 and the best stock TBSS pass was a 13.3! SCORE
(not saying my truck has ran 13.3) Was thinking about heading to KCIR tomorrow though for the Trailblazer Nationals.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Goos Story, man. Yea..two trucks and then you woke up
Quit being a dick. Then learn to spell "Good".
Old 05-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Quit being a dick. Then learn to spell "Good".
LOL, was gonna say something about that, but decided it was out there for everyone else to see...
Old 05-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Video please
Yeah, because everyone carries a ******* video camera with them... Maybe you should read first, but by the looks of your spelling capabilities you probably can't read very well.

You ******' Mustang guys are soooo sensitive. LOL

Tell you what, I got a shitty video recorder on my cellphone, so because some douche on Ls1tech with a Mustang asked for a video. I'll get one next time! Then you'll probably bitch about the quality of the recording and say that the camera lagged and that's why the Mustang fell back... LOL
Old 05-27-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, because everyone carries a ******* video camera with them... Maybe you should read first, but by the looks of your spelling capabilities you probably can't read very well.

You ******' Mustang guys are soooo sensitive. LOL

Tell you what, I got a shitty video recorder on my cellphone, so because some douche on Ls1tech with a Mustang asked for a video. I'll get one next time! Then you'll probably bitch about the quality of the recording and say that the camera lagged and that's why the Mustang fell back... LOL
Quit being a dick. Carry a video camera from now on.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Maybe you should grow up?

Edit: Even better, your sig says best stock pass was a 13.23 and the best stock TBSS pass was a 13.3! SCORE
(not saying my truck has ran 13.3) Was thinking about heading to KCIR tomorrow though for the Trailblazer Nationals.
Yea..it was pretty childish..I will admit.
Not saying you did not beat it..just questiong the 2 trucks. Did he spin? Just wondering how you pulled so much on a vehicle that should be running with you.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea..it was pretty childish..I will admit.
Not saying you did not beat it..just questiong the 2 trucks. Did he spin? Just wondering how you pulled so much on a vehicle that should be running with you.
There are a ton of reasons that could happen. OP took the hit, the Mustang spun, the Mustang was slow downshifting, the Mustang was slower than ****. Ok the last one was just humor but you know what I'm saying.

Quick Reply: AWD TBSS vs. Mach 1