so awesome! i love it... and national pwnage too
Old 05-31-2011, 12:55 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL. Nice video.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Umm my buddys 3rd gen will run better than this one lol.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Umm my buddys 3rd gen will run better than this one lol.
I hope so.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tx91z28
I'm also sick of seeing the "oh my third gen is slow i'm gonna do an LS swap" mentality, while LS swaps are cool and I've considered one, very few third gen swaps look complete/finished, most ditch the a/c, cruise, wiring isn't done super well and then they have a stock ls1/2, 6.0, or 5.3 which is quick but still not fast. Dont get me wrong there are some VERY bad *** LS swapped third gens but there are way more half *** swapped ones.

A fresh cammed 350 or 383 with a Stealth ram or mini ram and a 150 shot is something that really should be done more, keeps the car much nicer (on average) and will be faster than 75% of stock motor LS swapped cars.
I agree. While I love a good LS swap, I love seeing a 3rd gen fbody or C4 vette that cranks out good power with a gen 1 small block. Down the road I'd like to get into another 1987-92 Trans Am GTA and build the original engine.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tx91z28
this x 10000000

I'm also sick of seeing the "oh my third gen is slow i'm gonna do an LS swap" mentality, while LS swaps are cool and I've considered one, very few third gen swaps look complete/finished, most ditch the a/c, cruise, wiring isn't done super well and then they have a stock ls1/2, 6.0, or 5.3 which is quick but still not fast. Dont get me wrong there are some VERY bad *** LS swapped third gens but there are way more half *** swapped ones.

A fresh cammed 350 or 383 with a Stealth ram or mini ram and a 150 shot is something that really should be done more, keeps the car much nicer (on average) and will be faster than 75% of stock motor LS swapped cars.
I had my reasons for getting rid of the ac, I live in washington st, so i dont need it, i couldnt get to one of my spark plugs, and it was un needed weight.
besides, it uncluttered to engine bay. judge for yourself.

Originally Posted by 96WS6guy
It's fucked up to make fun of a vet that's has proven issues. It's also fucked up to just assume that because someone is a vet that they have mental issues. However, it's not fucked up to make fun of someone that just can't take a little **** talking. IMHO, people that resort to "I did XX amount of time in the military, blah blah blah", and the military or their past aren't the topic of discussion, were probably some REMF and are probably full of ****. Not doubting he served, just doubting he did anything worth talking about.
I agree 95% (all but the last part, the OP doesnt know either way, and why would the guy lie about serving?) I work with allot of people fresh out of service, its a hard transition to make. these ppl served our countries with their lives and they deserve respect, is it really that hard go out of your way and make their transition easier? guy might not know that much about cars, and is just looking for a good car community, not one that makes fun of him, sets up a race he had no chance of winning, then bragging about it online. seriously it makes him and his car community look like dicks. Im supprised no one else has said anything else about this on this thread.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Banned

KING PIN is APPALLED at the use of the word "turd-gen" remove it at once or the KING will lock this thread.

<---THE KING HAS SPOKEN!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xFLG KING PIN
KING PIN is APPALLED at the use of the word "turd-gen" remove it at once or the KING will lock this thread.

<---THE KING HAS SPOKEN!
+1

hey, in your sig, you have the song ive been looking for, thank you soooo munch!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:39 PM
10 Second Club

i feel bad for the guy...
Old 07-20-2012, 07:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

reality and the real world are not the nicest of places... So is someone going to show this guy the way to the nearest Chevy dealership to update...lol
Old 07-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by firechicken76
+1

hey, in your sig, you have the song ive been looking for, thank you soooo munch!
no prob...Thirdgens for life.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by 1_MEANZ28
i feel bad for the guy...
I gotta say, I went back and reread it and I kind of agree. Granted, we aren't seeing everything that was said on both sides, so we don't know who started what, or if the guy was being a cocky ***, but if he was just trying to say "hey, here's my car" then it's not cool to start in on him for no reason.

I remember when I got my second car, a 1987 Trans Am GTA. It wasn't in the best shape, but it was what I could afford and it was a lot faster than my previous car (still slow at 15.1 in the 1/4, but a nice improvement). I went to a car show once and decided to enter my car. I knew my car's condition and wasn't trying to compete, just wanted to park it next to some nice cars. On the car show sheet that you fill out and put on the dash I even wrote "work in progress" so that people wouldn't think I was trying to pass it off as something it wasn't. I was walking around, checking out the other cars, and happened to walk by my car just in time to hear two older guys commenting to each other about how my car was a pos and why would anyone enter it in a car show.

Stuff like that can give you a poor attitude about the hobby in a hurry. I always try to think back to that day before I talk down about someone's car and ask myself if the guy deserves negative comments because he's being an *******, or if they would just be rude and unnecessary. I know some people feel better about themselves when they put other people down, but I try not to be one of them.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

1+ I really think there's more to this story then what's being showed
Old 07-20-2012, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

^^2+^^^
Old 07-20-2012, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

I just think all of you are mad that your cars dont get 35 mpg like MY 3rd gen
What? IS that direct port injection? WHy yes, yes it is.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Awesome vid lol, but honestly you just need to know what to do to those cars to get them running right. What was that thing a 305 TBI? My TPI 350s never sounded that gutless

I always loved getting picked on after I did my LS swap though, it took forever to finally get the bugs and wiring worked out, but there is nothing like a cammed LQ in a stock beat up 3rd gen chassis to fool the unsuspecting
Old 07-20-2012, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
kid did 6 years in our military? cut him some slack man. maybe he's "not all there" (from reading those posts you quoted i'm guessing he has some issues).

(which are funny as hell ["bitchin camaro" "bitchin camaro" priceless], but i still think it's F*cked up to make fun of a vet that's dilusional).
From what I've noticed, most active service guys walk around with a sense of entitlement just because they are/were active service. I will respect any person if they don't do anything to make me disrespect them. I'm not going to bow over and kiss your feet just because you are a vet. "Hey, I did 6 years in the army, you have to respect me." Well I'm sorry I can respect the fact that you were active service and did 2 tours or whatever but that is no excuse for you to act like a dumbass.

I say this because most of my experiences with vets/active duty guys acting like this are in bars when they are not representing the armed forces very highly and are being quite beligerent
Old 07-20-2012, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
From what I've noticed, most active service guys walk around with a sense of entitlement just because they are/were active service. I will respect any person if they don't do anything to make me disrespect them. I'm not going to bow over and kiss your feet just because you are a vet. "Hey, I did 6 years in the army, you have to respect me." Well I'm sorry I can respect the fact that you were active service and did 2 tours or whatever but that is no excuse for you to act like a dumbass.

I say this because most of my experiences with vets/active duty guys acting like this are in bars when they are not representing the armed forces very highly and are being quite beligerent
Most walk out with their head high. A few will walk out very... unstable. They all go through different ****.

Originally Posted by xFLG KING PIN
no prob...Thirdgens for life.
yes! Gotta love a clean third gen . Too bad that g8 isnt a bit closer, id love to have some friendly runs to see where we each stack up .
Old 07-20-2012, 10:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

poor guy
Old 07-20-2012, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I feel bad for the poor guy.... All he wanted was some guys to cruise with

Quick Reply: G8GT vs turd gen **vid**