Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 Z28 vs C6 Z06 vs 335xi vs Duramax LBZ

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Default 99 Z28 vs C6 Z06 vs 335xi vs Duramax LBZ

Yes, it is true.......finally a vid of the hugger!

If you remember, my name is Troy McClure, you may remember my recent post about https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...m-i-cruel.html and how there was some friendly back and forth about meeting up in Mexico for some fun runs. Or maybe you remember a few of us from https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...attle-dds.html?

Either way, I am sure you will get a kick of how this all unfolded :

As mentioned, a few of us realized we were all local to each other and set up a meet at the local taco shack in downtown Mexico for some fun runs.

To call it a diverse group is an understatement.
*A built ls1 who doesn't know where his NOS on button is.
*A mean *** c6-zo6 that can bang gears like no other.
*A big *** truck that can pull your car and still run faster then your avg DD
*A DD that gets out of the hole like a (insert way funnier analogy than i can think of right now cause I am freakin hungry)

We all wanted a shot at each other and I have to bring the Slobalt next time too but the sunlight, grandma calling the popo on us and me throwing a belt at the Bimmer behind me called the day short.

We still had an awesome time, got along like enthusiasts should (hell we shot the **** for 100x longer then we raced )

Great guys here!
And anyone who dares make fun of the tall, skinny ******* who dropped a belt (its at the end)...well, im gona sick my 5yo at you

I will let the vid explain the runs but I cant go without allowing you guys to rip on me for what I did. I am pretty sure I forgot to arm the bottle on the roll race. A few of you may remember I installed the "on" thru my fogs which means my beams need to be on as well as my fog switch. I am pretty sure I forgot to turn them on Either way, he whupped my *** but at least this gives us a reason to get together again so I can get another *** whuppin

The Duramax definitely has more in it as well as he continues to try to launch with more boost. So we def need to set up a match between my Slobalt and him as well as a rematch between the Bimmer and Slobalt.

Great job on the vid Will and thanks to you guys for bringing the go-pros!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMA1Y...layer_embedded

Last edited by hugger1975; 06-05-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First!!!! Bimmer guy sucks!
Old 06-05-2011, 01:16 PM
11 Second Club

I concur ^
Old 06-05-2011, 01:22 PM
9 Second Club

Once you stop throwing belts and get your nitrous ready you'll make for a good raca against that z06. That damn thing pulled away so har I thought I lost him on my gopro. Duramax was fun and should make for an interesting slobalt run.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by willizm
Once you stop throwing belts and get your nitrous ready you'll make for a good raca against that z06. That damn thing pulled away so har I thought I lost him on my gopro.

Duramax was fun and should make for an interesting slobalt run.
I agree....we need to do a roll and dig
Old 06-05-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice races. That C6Z pulls damn hard.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Nice races. That C6Z pulls damn hard.
you're tellin me!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Teching In

was definitely fun and nice to meet you guys!! both the camaro and the z06 are beasts. that damn bmw runs pretty good too! :p nice run Will, but I will get the d-max tweaked a little more and we'll have a rematch!! now I know I can leave harder (more boost) and I'll see about raising the tuning level too

he's got that bmw dialed in pretty well, it runs good.

we will definitely do this again. it will be fun to run the cobalt and get the rematch with Will as well. I was a little disappointed the d-max didn't run stronger, but atleast I know where I'm at with the tuning and can change it for the better

nice job on the vid too!
Old 06-05-2011, 03:20 PM
9 Second Club

I'll line em up any time. My car isn't going to change too much so once you get the truck built up a little more it will be a good benchmark race to see how much better it runs. I really would like to run some bolt on fbodies, gto's and mustangs though. If anyone in the area is up for it and thinks it would make for a good race let me know. I know hugger wanted to find a bolt on fbody to run against the slowbalt.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

I'll line em up any time. My car isn't going to change too much so once you get the truck built up a little more it will be a good benchmark race to see how much better it runs. I really would like to run some bolt on fbodies, gto's and mustangs though. If anyone in the area is up for it and thinks it would make for a good race let me know. I know hugger wanted to find a bolt on fbody to run against the slowbalt.
hell yes!
just changed my belt.....took me 10 min.....wtf did i pay someone last time? its amazin what u can do yerself when u dont wana spend the $$

and the slobalt is ready
Old 06-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Teching In

sounds good. I don't feel too bad knowing that you only had 2-3 cars on me when we shut down close to 110mph. that and I weigh about 7500lbs. I guess that puts me right around a 13flat if we're guessing right.

I'll be back!

would love to see the camaro (on spray) vs the zo6.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

would of thought the truck would of stayed alot closer if not pull the 335xi down low
Old 06-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hugger1975
Yes, it is true.......finally a vid of the hugger!

If you remember, my name is Troy McClure, you may remember my recent post about https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...m-i-cruel.html and how there was some friendly back and forth about meeting up in Mexico for some fun runs. Or maybe you remember a few of us from https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...attle-dds.html?

LOL! that is classic! I got to say it " Elllooo everybawdy"
Old 06-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Let me know when you guys meet next, if the camaro is not running, i will leave to z06 and home and bring the little 2.0 liter.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by redctsv
Let me know when you guys meet next, if the camaro is not running, i will leave to z06 and home and bring the little 2.0 liter.
the z is already fixed
and u can leave the grocery getter at home unless someone brings a bike

LOL! that is classic! I got to say it " Elllooo everybawdy"
elllooooooo errrrrbody > my damn belt is gone
Old 06-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
would of thought the truck would of stayed alot closer if not pull the 335xi down low

it did on the second run. the first run I left with very little boost since I wasn't sure how much to start with and how the truck would react. second run I left around 8psi and jumped out maybe half a car and held it for a short time and then he started to slowly pull away.

I know now that I can try leaving around 10-12 psi and that should make for a fairly strong launch. it's all a learning process since I've never run the truck like this before. we'll see what I can come up with in the next month or so

please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I remember seeing out of the corner of my eye
Old 06-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hugger1975
the z is already fixed
and u can leave the grocery getter at home unless someone brings a bike

elllooooooo errrrrbody > my damn belt is gone
Awsome i will be sure to bring the drag radials and my secret weapon. the PF flyers! They may have been made to "run faster and jump higher" but i swear they really help me shift faster and smoother!
Old 06-05-2011, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

couldnt really tell on the 2nd run was hard to see and really short but it looked like he stayed next to u then pulled pretty strong.
Any 60's for either of u at the track? or 0-60 times?
Old 06-05-2011, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looked liked fun.. What does your camaro run on motor?
Old 06-05-2011, 04:18 PM
11 Second Club

Awsome i will be sure to bring the drag radials and my secret weapon. the PF flyers! They may have been made to "run faster and jump higher" but i swear they really help me shift faster and smoother!
damn.....im gona need to ge some stickers so i can add 50hp!

ohhhhhhh....drag radials will be a mean *** dig run _)

Quick Reply: 99 Z28 vs C6 Z06 vs 335xi vs Duramax LBZ