Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 Z28 vs SRT8 Charger

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karpetcm
After doing some research im really liking the charger's especially the new one that will come out with the 6.4 and better tranny. Cant knock it, 4 doors, comfortable and fast. Dodge is really doing a good job with some of there new designes, chrysler as well. Cant wait to see the Jeep SRT in person either.
the sound of your car alone made me miss my F-bodys
Old 06-12-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks man, i was actually thinking of putting a high flow cat or resonator. One of my friends just convinced me to buy an electric cut out and close it off when it gets annoying. My neighbors im sure hate me, lol. There was an SRT 300 buy my house and those cars sound bad *** with an exhaust deep and quick reving loud. I would always here he go by my house and would think man i wish my car sounded like that.

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
the sound of your car alone made me miss my F-bodys
Old 06-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone ever dyno the cutouts below the hp peak to see if there are any losses vs. closed?
Old 06-12-2011, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i will be putting the car back on the dyno after my nitrous install and i will do that just to see how it effects the torque curve. People say you dont lose torque you gain some and it just goes higher in the rpms and then some say you lose torque just because you have less back pressure. Till i put it back on the dyno will see.