Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014 | 02:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes if you put bolt on's on your car, The motor is still stock

Is that a hard concept or?
Old 02-24-2014 | 02:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Actually mines worth 10k on its best day so i would sell it for 8k bc its not show room form. Parts do add to the price but not as much as you was saying its worth
I haven't quite reached my quota for stupid yet today so I'll respond one more time and see if your next response is enough to put me at my limit for today.

When I am talking about what the car is worth, I am talking about what someone is willing to buy it for. With the average Cobra that is still in half way decent condition, they are still easily bringing $16-18k dollars. Believe it or not, these are highly sought after cars that were only made for 2 years. Then you take the fact that this certain Cobra is DSG which is a wanted color (for some reason that I don't understand. I'm not a huge fan of the color.). Then take the $7k+ in upgrades and I completely think that car is worth at least $20k. But like previously mentioned, you pass your opinion as fact so I'll just wait until you tell me that I'm wrong.
Old 02-24-2014 | 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
I watched Guitar make a bunch of passes yesterday and I made a couple of passes in it.

I can tell you that his driving isn't to blame. The track wasn't in good shape, but it wasn't the tracks fault IMO. We have had a lot of rain and some ice the past few weeks and this weekend was the first nice weekend that we have had, so a lot of cars that had bugs showed up. One Chevy II came to the line twice, pouring all over the starting line and like Guitar said, a bunch of imports showed up.

My car wouldn't hook and I kept waiting for the track to come around, the track staff kept dragging it and spraying it, but it just wasn't working.

When I drove Guitar's car, the first thing I noticed was the clutch has little room for error and the second thing I noticed was that when I was doing the burnout, the tires would never get sticky enough to start pulling the motor down. My first burnout, I swear I held it for what felt like a minute, waiting for the tires to start pulling the motor down. The car couldn't find a happy medium, either you left with the rpms lower and it bogged, or you left minimally higher and it spun. I'd like to see him swap tires, just to rule them out, but it's hard to blame them with the track as bad as it was.

You spun them pretty good. I think I will make one more outing on the tires, then possibly change them...probably going to stick with the QTPs though. I think they are on their last leg either way, doesn't look like they have much treat left on them. I'll have a garage here too (well...there's one at my new place if I ever get moved the **** in) so that'll help the not sitting in sunlight aspect of it and hopefully keep the life of them up. Either that, or I'll buy the Welds I want and sell off the fronts, keep the rear Racestars and throw some stiff wall slicks on them.
Old 02-24-2014 | 02:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Guitar
You spun them pretty good. I think I will make one more outing on the tires, then possibly change them...probably going to stick with the QTPs though. I think they are on their last leg either way, doesn't look like they have much treat left on them. I'll have a garage here too (well...there's one at my new place if I ever get moved the **** in) so that'll help the not sitting in sunlight aspect of it and hopefully keep the life of them up. Either that, or I'll buy the Welds I want and sell off the fronts, keep the rear Racestars and throw some stiff wall slicks on them.
The QTP's aren't considered a stiff sidewall?

If so I'm glad I went with the ET streets over the QTP's

The ET street has the same sidewall as the stiff sidewall Mickey's
Old 02-24-2014 | 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts

So what exactly is someone usually referring to when he/she says stock motor, MAC?
Old 02-24-2014 | 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
Cam only because you think heads are bolt ons

Every time you use "yahoo answers" as a source to backup your argument, a baby seal gets set on fire.

This isn't real life. Can't be. Cannot be happening.
Yeah I LOL'd at work and my co-worker said whats so funny. Trusting yahoo answers is wayyy more reliable than the largest automotive retail parts seller in the world. lol.

I remember when I was young and naive. I would began to dig a hole then realizing I was in the wrong, I'd just kept digging in hopes nobody would see me. lol. Mac is about 6ft under about now.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/na...0283/overview/
Old 02-24-2014 | 02:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It won't 60' worth a damn because I can't drive it, and because possibly the tires are bad. Shifting is easy...launching not as much. It has gone 1.76 to the 60' in a 3800lb car with 386whp. That's not terrible by any means and it's been 1.77 on a radial as well and less MPH with the radial then with the slick on the top end. It's not slowing me down. It's not way too much tire, lol. My suspension is set Konis on full soft up front and Torque Arm in second from top (I think) hole - forgot to check pinion angle last time I was under the car, and LCAs in lowest hole I believe. The suspension is not setup for drag racing as that wasn't what the car was initially intended to do. You can ask Heater about the track and launches if you want because he saw them outside the car albeit down the line, no videos from side yesterday but the track wasn't holding much either way.

Only video:

Nam 2-23-14 - YouTube
From Heaters description your tires might be old/expired and are not heating up. It should not be such a fine line between spinning and bogging on that setup. Maybe the pinion angle is way off but the play in the low pressure/soft tires keeps you from noticing it through the usual wheelhop?

A side launch video would help a lot to diagnose, but it sounds like some new tires are in your future anyway so I guess you'll know soon enough. Only .01 difference from a radial to a full on soft walled slick is a huge red flag. You have at least a half of second in your ET based on your 60', just have to find where it's hiding.
Old 02-24-2014 | 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
Yeah. You should buy it...

Now this would be worth it...

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4333763147.html
Dang, that is cheap.

Originally Posted by automach1
You really should not talk about something if you don't have a clue. Try some research
You disagreed with him, therefore you're wrong.
Originally Posted by Lawhead
So exhaust manifolds and Pullies are apart of the motor now

MAC strikes again !
Jesus take the wheel.
Originally Posted by wooddaniel
I have wanted a Cobra since they came out, I still think about pulling the trigger on one from time to time. I still look for them, and for cheap F bodies I can make a quick buck on.

Priority now though as soon as I get back is to sell the Z06 and get a C6/CTS V depending on the prices/options I find. If I get a C6, I'll most likely get another cheapo fbody for a daily.
Love DSG 03-04 Cobros. I was considering buying a 4r70 swapped one back in the day.

Still think you should hold out for the C6 though!
Originally Posted by "MAC"
Im the idiot lol right lets not mention that you think adding performance parts to a 10+ year old car would make it worth 20k.... thats ludicrous you sir are the idiot
The price of a car really comes down to the basic concepts of economics - supply and demand.

While mods don't add 100% of the mod cost, one can generally say they add value going back to - again - supply and demand.

Most modded vehicles I see for sale have about 20-40% the value of their added mods tacked onto the value of the "stock" car. Really comes down to the condition of the car as well.
Want me to take a poll on who thinks who is really

"Stupid"
I think we all know how that one would go down.
Originally Posted by snake95
Cam only because you think heads are bolt ons

Every time you use "yahoo answers" as a source to backup your argument, a baby seal gets set on fire.

This isn't real life. Can't be. Cannot be happening.
He never fails to please.
Originally Posted by Jay z28
Then you take the fact that this certain Cobra is DSG which is a wanted color (for some reason that I don't understand. I'm not a huge fan of the color.).
Don't you be talking smack about DSG
Old 02-24-2014 | 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

The QTP's aren't considered a stiff sidewall?

If so I'm glad I went with the ET streets over the QTP's

The ET street has the same sidewall as the stiff sidewall Mickey's
I guess not. Says "ultra soft drag race compound"...so IDK honestly.

Maybe I'll try the MTs just so I have a comparison between the two. Can't hurt I suppose...and I run MT fronts. I just read that QTPs are better on mileage and just a better tire in general from everything I've seen.

Also gonna try what Hio said. Why not?
Old 02-24-2014 | 02:55 PM
10 Second Club

I guess not. Says "ultra soft drag race compound"...so IDK honestly.

Maybe I'll try the MTs just so I have a comparison between the two. Can't hurt I suppose...and I run MT fronts. I just read that QTPs are better on mileage and just a better tire in general from everything I've seen.

Also gonna try what Hio said. Why not?
Your car being as heavy as it is....I'd go for the ET streets and give them a try me and Kevin both run them on our cobras and both have gone 1.5x multiple times albeit under more power I think 1.5x is doable in your car with the right combo, Just with a stick shift car you're gonna chase your tail a lot and it's really about fine tuning but you'll get it man
Old 02-24-2014 | 02:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Yeah I LOL'd at work and my co-worker said whats so funny. Trusting yahoo answers is wayyy more reliable than the largest automotive retail parts seller in the world. lol.

I remember when I was young and naive. I would began to dig a hole then realizing I was in the wrong, I'd just kept digging in hopes nobody would see me. lol. Mac is about 6ft under about now.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/na...0283/overview/
http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/yah...their-own-good

http://www.collegehumor.com/post/6250413/yahoo_answers
Old 02-24-2014 | 03:10 PM
11 Second Club

HAHAHA! That's too funny.
Old 02-24-2014 | 04:18 PM
Banned

First 2 runs against a turbo 5th gen (blew piping off). 2nd was a stock c6

Last edited by automach1; 02-24-2014 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2014 | 04:24 PM
10 Second Club

lmao at the chase car passing the car in the race
Old 02-24-2014 | 04:30 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Received 480 Likes on 377 Posts

I watched Guitar make a bunch of passes yesterday and I made a couple of passes in it.

I can tell you that his driving isn't to blame. The track wasn't in good shape, but it wasn't the tracks fault IMO. We have had a lot of rain and some ice the past few weeks and this weekend was the first nice weekend that we have had, so a lot of cars that had bugs showed up. One Chevy II came to the line twice, pouring all over the starting line and like Guitar said, a bunch of imports showed up.

My car wouldn't hook and I kept waiting for the track to come around, the track staff kept dragging it and spraying it, but it just wasn't working.

When I drove Guitar's car, the first thing I noticed was the clutch has little room for error and the second thing I noticed was that when I was doing the burnout, the tires would never get sticky enough to start pulling the motor down. My first burnout, I swear I held it for what felt like a minute, waiting for the tires to start pulling the motor down. The car couldn't find a happy medium, either you left with the rpms lower and it bogged, or you left minimally higher and it spun. I'd like to see him swap tires, just to rule them out, but it's hard to blame them with the track as bad as it was.
What did you guys run with it?
Old 02-24-2014 | 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your car being as heavy as it is....I'd go for the ET streets and give them a try me and Kevin both run them on our cobras and both have gone 1.5x multiple times albeit under more power I think 1.5x is doable in your car with the right combo, Just with a stick shift car you're gonna chase your tail a lot and it's really about fine tuning but you'll get it man
All I read is the QTP is better. Can't see anywhere where anybody who has tried both likes the MTs better. I think it just may be the tires as Heater said being worn out. We'll see. I'm gonna make at least one more outing on these tires here, probably a few more, just because I don't really feel like buying any right now.

Just went out and looked at the tires...there is barely any life left I think. The tread lines were down very low...pretty damn close to being flat to the tire lol. Maybe I shouldn't go out with them again.

Last edited by Guitar; 02-24-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-24-2014 | 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Busted an acquaintance of mine fronting on the gram. He's a big maxima head, and he put up an engine bay pic, said it was his. I knew something was up just in the specs alone (23psi on a maxima engine)

Reverse google image search, and the engine bay it was, he cropped out the watermark of the photographer. From 2006. Belongs to some guy named Jason in Chicago it looks like.

Hit him on direct message about it, because I didn't want to blow up his spot on instagram on the public view.
Old 02-24-2014 | 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Busted an acquaintance of mine fronting on the gram. He's a big maxima head, and he put up an engine bay pic, said it was his. I knew something was up just in the specs alone (23psi on a maxima engine)

Reverse google image search, and the engine bay it was, he cropped out the watermark of the photographer. From 2006. Belongs to some guy named Jason in Chicago it looks like.

Hit him on direct message about it, because I didn't want to blow up his spot on instagram on the public view.
I'm not as nice!

Old 02-24-2014 | 05:07 PM
On The Tree

All I read is the QTP is better. Can't see anywhere where anybody who has tried both likes the MTs better. I think it just may be the tires as Heater said being worn out. We'll see. I'm gonna make at least one more outing on these tires here, probably a few more, just because I don't really feel like buying any right now.

Just went out and looked at the tires...there is barely any life left I think. The tread lines were down very low...pretty damn close to being flat to the tire lol. Maybe I shouldn't go out with them again.

I would stick with the QTP's if you like them, they work just as well if not better than ET Street's from what I've seen. You should of parked over there with us, then we might have seen what your tires looked like...LoL, we picked Malibu Matt's hoopty apart all day
Old 02-24-2014 | 05:08 PM
10 Second Club

I would stick with the QTP's if you like them, they work just as well if not better than ET Street's from what I've seen. You should of parked over there with us, then we might have seen what your tires looked like...LoL, we picked Malibu Matt's hoopty apart all day
How'd the hoopty run ?

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)