Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol yea, thankfully i was able to rig up something that worked for over 10k miles with a cracked head... pulled the motor still running great and its now in a mustang.

i believe your car already has the upgraded alternator bracket, i didn't look at your sig and see you have an 01. you will be 6psi this year and 10+ next year believe me. your going to have the whole front of the engine bay out, that would be the time to do the flip drive. you may not get slip with a regular 6 rib setup but you will find weak links with bad pulleys, bend alternator shafts etc with all the tension you need to put on the belt.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthFRC
lol yea, thankfully i was able to rig up something that worked for over 10k miles with a cracked head... pulled the motor still running great and its now in a mustang.

i believe your car already has the upgraded alternator bracket, i didn't look at your sig and see you have an 01. you will be 6psi this year and 10+ next year believe me. your going to have the whole front of the engine bay out, that would be the time to do the flip drive. you may not get slip with a regular 6 rib setup but you will find weak links with bad pulleys, bend alternator shafts etc with all the tension you need to put on the belt.
Damn really? What all needs to be changed to make the flip drive work and how much is it? Have any links?
Old 02-25-2014, 08:47 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
http://m.corvetteforum.com/c6-z06-di...ml?styleid=140

Wow amazing people in the corvette forum agree
Ok "MAC", did you forget already what I said;
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
MAC, this is just one of the many automotive concepts that you do not understand. When somebody says "stock engine," they are talking about everything from the heads down to the bottom of the block being stock. Nothing done to the internals/heads/cams. When somebody says "stock," they are referring to the entire car as a whole. No bolt-ons or internal modifications. Every single person here is trying to correct and inform you, and you insist on them being wrong. Swallow your pride, stop looking on Yahoo! Answers, and listen to what everybody is telling you.
That forum was asking what the definition of "bone stock" was... as in, no changes to the CAR at all.
Originally Posted by "MAC"
Nope this is what im saying

Bone stock = nothing changed on the car from factory

Stock engine = no performance changes but can change other things to the car

Stock long block =bolt ons are acceptable but no changes to the engine its self ie heads, cam, crank etc....

Stock short block = you can change the heads and add bolt ons but not chang the cam and crank
Stock engine is what people (usually with boosted cars) use to refer to how much power they can make and how fast they can go without changing anything from the heads to the oil pan. They use "stock engine" the same way people use "stock long block." Just like with the GT500/Shelby GT discussion, you are seeing one thing and understanding it as something else.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Damn really? What all needs to be changed to make the flip drive work and how much is it? Have any links?
i have the dallas performance one but it's no longer made due to patent issues (sadly it was the best one to) but cartek and a&a corvette are the only ones i know of that still make them.

http://cartek.net/HPE/FlipDrive/index.php

i can't find the a&a one on there site so you may have to contact them about it.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:17 PM
10 Second Club

i have the dallas performance one but it's no longer made due to patent issues (sadly it was the best one to) but cartek and a&a corvette are the only ones i know of that still make them.

i can't find the a&a one on there site so you may have to contact them about it.
Damn! That looks like a good investment! I may go ahead and put my kit on the way it is and see how it goes though! If I ever have a problem I will get the flip drive asap. mainly because I'm impatient and taking the day off friday already just to start putting the kit on!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

mine, i still have yet to open her up. it was just tuned last year right before the snow fell so no vids yet. when everyone around here gets together i will tho.

Sounds killer. I want to build a procharged in a bad way. I need the funds to build me a big block F3R car lol.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:06 PM
10 Second Club

What all comes with the kit? Does it come with new tensioner? I notice the pics don't show a tensioner?

Old 02-25-2014, 10:25 PM
Teching In

the top piece is the tensioner. it will come with nothing for the blower side, just your acc side. it will come with a new power steering line since the stock one does not work, the tensioner, belts, the double grooved pulley (one side is 4 rib and the other is 6 rib). im not sure what the lower part since mine is different but that looks like its pretty much it. doesn't look like $800 worth of stuff huh? lol
the kit i have is a little different but the same concept.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stealth, you don't happen to live in chicagoland area do you? Would love to get a run in with that car.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by willizm
Stealth, you don't happen to live in chicagoland area do you? Would love to get a run in with that car.
nope, far from it lol. im in CT.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sw07gt
**** I wish I wasn't poor so I could buy a new daily.
I'll sell you my Fusion. I want another IS350 daily driver.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

was worth a shot
Old 02-25-2014, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

I'm not here to defend or fry the guy, but to be devils advocate for a moment. Why do you care? Not only do you come in here to start a **** storm on a guy that is relatively quiet but you also insult most of us as members by saying SRK is full of morons. Morons for whom don't really give a **** what he drives because he's not preaching about having 20 cars, a zr1, a yacht with a fat chick to support him(ala redfire).
I agree with you. Mike has done nothing here, or flaunted anything that would make me believe he is a fake troll. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Cool guy so far in my book.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by OVA1
Hey Snake...

Uhh... Life's jumped in the way of the build.

Started welding up the snarled *** end and found some pretty nasty stuff. I really fucked that thing up proper with those gears. So, once I got to the meat of the problem I found stuff that's going to take some time to sort through.

Thought, for a while, about just transferring the flag over to another roller, but me and the old gal have a long history and I'm not one to give up on something, just because I used, abused and roached it out.

So here I sit with the LE AFR210s, sweet little LE spec'd cam, with no where to go... which is offset, by no way to get there.

It's going to be a while I expect.

How you been?
Ova!!!
Old 02-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Teching In

was worth a shot
can't knock ya for trying lol.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Nitto 555r
Good on da' skreets... bad on da' trackz.

BTW, I am going to take those 15" 555s off my 15x10's and sell the rims. Know anyone who might want the tires?
Old 02-25-2014, 11:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Ok "MAC", did you forget already what I said;

That forum was asking what the definition of "bone stock" was... as in, no changes to the CAR at all.

Stock engine is what people (usually with boosted cars) use to refer to how much power they can make and how fast they can go without changing anything from the heads to the oil pan. They use "stock engine" the same way people use "stock long block." Just like with the GT500/Shelby GT discussion, you are seeing one thing and understanding it as something else.
lol ok fine ill agree with that as well it just gets too confusing for me sometimes to understand what ya'll are talking about between work and school. ( material science and engineering plus pre cal two is kicking my ***!)

ill drop it from here on out i promise and I WAS WRONG.

Anyways i still am tryn to learn and reading posts on here about builds and accomplishments from others on here.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Where about? I am at University of Hartord right now.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 331 Stanger
Its called 'Samsung spell check you dumb ****.
I have a Note 3 also. Turn that stupid spell check off. I hated it.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by snake95
I know I should quit school and buy 10 laptops and have conversations with myself.
lol no put the money in your car! BTW how much does it weigh?

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)