Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Ah i see good luck,

Edit: my dad is getting a 8100 that could be an option for ya
8100's are a sweet engine, but their parts are quite 8100 specific and harder to come by.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sw07gt
What 427 is referring to is mandatory spending, defense is the 3rd largest chunk of the budget behind healthcare and all the social programs. Anytime you say you want to cut defense spending people jump all in your **** like you want to take money out of soldiers pockets, no one actually takes the time to think about what all is covered under the defense category. I guess I'm unamerican and anti-military though because I don't like it when Congress spends money we don't have on **** the military doesn't need or want among various other things. Who knows, I'm just a dumb liberal.
But it ok to spend money we dont have to give people who are to lazy to go get a job?
Old 03-28-2014, 11:29 AM
Banned

big hammer,

True theres only one company from my knowledge that actually builds parts for them but then again a tune is all you'll need to make really good power anyways
Old 03-28-2014, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033
Skinny front = racecar

You know better. lol
Just wait until I post pictures of my e85 conversion after this season..

Originally Posted by odarabla
I am running the 26X3.5X 15" M&H radial up front right now. Went with a racing tire up front once and when going down the track the tire would grow and run the inner fender welds.
Thanks for the information. Did the skinny front tire bother you street driving? I daily drive this thing. I also don't have ABS, yay 80's tech!

How much power you thinking you gonna make?
Serious question not tryn to start anything.
When I say make enough on the LT1, I mean money wise. Im flipping it after I have in running shape. As for the Buick, I think I can make in the upper 400's rwhp and hoping to run 10s at 125ish.

Originally Posted by big hammer
I've heard guys say that 7.50's are decent. I haven't tried them yet though.

and LT1 FTW!
Thanks for the input. Ill look into that size.

What is a common skinny rim? 6" or something?
Old 03-28-2014, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

But it ok to spend money we dont have to give people who are to lazy to go get a job?

absolutely not. that only way to make people want to get off welfare is to make them uncomfortable in poverty.

i'm comfortable with hand-ups, not handouts. help people get off welfare. if you don't, you end up with generational welfare abusers that have nothing to do but vandalize **** and pro create.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:32 AM
Banned

Znix,

Thats the white one correct? If so i forgot that you was tryn to flip it. Best of luck to ya on both the Lt1 and Buick but beat willzm please lol
Old 03-28-2014, 11:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Education here will not improve with more money thrown at it. You could build a $10m classroom and stuff it full of iPads, desks that send students' vital signs straight to the NSA, and omniscient computers, or whatever the ****, and its graduates would still be dipshits because of the system that is in place.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:33 AM
10 Second Club

big hammer,

True theres only one company from my knowledge that actually builds parts for them but then again a tune is all you'll need to make really good power anyways

the 496 is still ok. I might just put lower compression heads on the engine, a moderate cam and out it back in the truck and use it for work.
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Did I say it was anywhere? The topic was defense spending. But if you want to hear my opinion on social programs they do need reform, we spend too much there too. Contrary to popular belief though most people in those entitlement programs actually have jobs and the disturbing part of that to me is that you can work a full time job and still not make to much to be eligible for government assistance. What does that say about our wages vs cost of living? Does that bother anyone else?
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZNix
Just wait until I post pictures of my e85 conversion after this season..

Thanks for the information. Did the skinny front tire bother you street driving? I daily drive this thing. I also don't have ABS, yay 80's tech!

When I say make enough on the LT1, I mean money wise. Im flipping it after I have in running shape. As for the Buick, I think I can make in the upper 400's rwhp and hoping to run 10s at 125ish.

Thanks for the input. Ill look into that size.

What is a common skinny rim? 6" or something?

I ordered 5".

I challenge your lt1 to a duel!
Old 03-28-2014, 11:34 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
Education here will not improve with more money thrown at it. You could build a $10m classroom and stuff it full of iPads, desks that send students' vital signs straight to the NSA, and omniscient computers, or whatever the ****, and its graduates would still be dipshits because of the system that is in place.
Absolutely. Cutting funding definitely won't help, though. This is getting a bit too political guys.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:35 AM
Launching!

Agreed, no child left behind and the standardized testing is bullshit.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Banned

absolutely not. that only way to make people want to get off welfare is to make them uncomfortable in poverty.

i'm comfortable with hand-ups, not handouts. help people get off welfare. if you don't, you end up with generational welfare abusers that have nothing to do but vandalize **** and pro create.
Yup every defense agency has a roll some may over lap each other and i thats the case then yes cut those specific budgets but to lower military pay amd take away benefits from our troops isn't right.
The enlisted folks has the highest stressed jobs in the military averaging 40k a year but i guess congress thinks 40k a year is too much. Sry i tried to end this convo but i couldn't stay away.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Absolutely. Cutting funding definitely won't help, though. This is getting a bit too political guys.
i'm just happy to see that more and more americans are sick of both parties as they are one and the same, and the problem.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:38 AM
Banned

True but paying teachers a better salary and establishing better guidelines should fix that and yet that takes more money
Old 03-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Launching!

i'm just happy to see that more and more americans are sick of both parties as they are one and the same, and the problem.
Corporate money runs Washington and the only people who can pass a law to make that illegal are taking corporate money, so we're pretty much fucked no matter what.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

True but paying teachers a better salary and establishing better guidelines should fix that and yet that takes more money

education administration bloat is an issue as is teachers unions.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Banned

Never should have brought this up mybad
Old 03-28-2014, 11:41 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Corporate money runs Washington and the only people who can pass a law to make that illegal are taking corporate money, so we're pretty much fucked no matter what.
like I said before, watch msnbc and fox news. if there is one person they are both saying not to vote for, that's who you need to vote for.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:41 AM
10 Second Club

Never should have brought this up mybad
lol I think I brought it up.

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)