Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 11:55 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
I will adopt him if you ever want to get rid of him
No way, he's far too awesome to give up. Get your own. Well wait, how much would you give me?
Originally Posted by ZNix
He sounds like me 5 years ago haha. It will happen if you work hard enough kid. I worked my *** off for my car. She's not perfect.. But she's all mine . You guys can always contact me if you need anything. The only advice I can offer right now is to hold out for an 86/87. They are backed by a better aftermarket, and can be made quick on the cheap.

Thanks
Zack
What sort of price do you see for decent stockish 86/87's. I'm not looking for pristine, but at the same time I don't want an absolute beater. Something with 70-90k miles even but in decent enough shape with minimal rust. I'd keep him from doing any aftermarket stuff until he can drive well. He has said that "GN's and TTypes are his dream car". He just turned 9 but figure if I get him something around his 13th birthday that we can work on and he can do choirs to earn then it would be a great experience and appreciation. Use it to keep him on the straight and narrow through his awkward teen years.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
No way, he's far too awesome to give up. Get your own. Well wait, how much would you give me?

What sort of price do you see for decent stockish 86/87's. I'm not looking for pristine, but at the same time I don't want an absolute beater. Something with 70-90k miles even but in decent enough shape with minimal rust. I'd keep him from doing any aftermarket stuff until he can drive well. He has said that "GN's and TTypes are his dream car". He just turned 9 but figure if I get him something around his 13th birthday that we can work on and he can do choirs to earn then it would be a great experience and appreciation. Use it to keep him on the straight and narrow through his awkward teen years.
Sounds like a cool kid. My GF is 30 now and is hinting about children, I can only hope I have a boy so I can teach him about cars lol
Old 07-31-2012, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

This happened on my way to work today. In a bad mood already, it's like 5 am. I go to get gas, there's like 3 pumps open, and some dude gets out of his truck telling me I took his pump and to move before "Something happens" I proceed to start getting gas trying to ignore said fuckstick. Dude won't leave me alone. Blocks me in with his truck (There was a car behind me) and gets out with his arms crossed and walks towards me... Against my better judgement, I tell him "Listen to me as hard as you ******* can ************, Don't **** with me today. I will beat the ******* **** out of you and then move your truck myself so I can leave. Understand?" He goes "Oh yeah?" I go yeah, did I ******* stutter? And his Girl gets out and starts yelling too. Luckily a Sheriff's deputy pulled up to the store right then and he left. WTF is wrong with people? I guess people think everyone is scared to do anything.

I'm not a "Tough Guy" but seriously I hate everyone sometimes especially where I live. Nothing but dumb *** rednecks and ghettos around me.
Do you have a concealed?
Old 07-31-2012, 12:07 PM
9 Second Club

Sounds like a cool kid. My GF is 30 now and is hinting about children, I can only hope I have a boy so I can teach him about cars lol
I can't say enough how I'm so much better off with a son. I'm 32 and he is 9. I had him young but it just means that I won't be too old when he's in his 20's. It's fun. I took him to Chicago Auto show when he was 5. He wanted a toy car from all the stands that were selling them. He got a grand national and I was telling him all about them. From that day forward that is the car he always wanted.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

I can't say enough how I'm so much better off with a son. I'm 32 and he is 9. I had him young but it just means that I won't be too old when he's in his 20's. It's fun. I took him to Chicago Auto show when he was 5. He wanted a toy car from all the stands that were selling them. He got a grand national and I was telling him all about them. From that day forward that is the car he always wanted.
Get him a hatchback civic.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Do you have a concealed?
I'm a reserve deputy for my old department and I also have a concealed permit. So I would have been good. I don't draw my weapon unless in fear though wouldnt have pulled it on fat boy
Old 07-31-2012, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

That's awesome man! My dad had a 1967 GTO when he met my mom, I was 4 and always asked what the loud purple thing was LOL. It was a 389 tri power car and mint. He sold it in 1990 and got a 1988 GTA. I begged him not to do it
Old 07-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

Man yall blew this thread up yesterday, i had like 5 new pages to read while waiting on some really slow golfers
Old 07-31-2012, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 91RS99z
Man yall blew this thread up yesterday, i had like 5 new pages to read while waiting on some really slow golfers
Really slow, or really bad? lol
Old 07-31-2012, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

We'll all laugh if you have a girl
This happened on my way to work today. In a bad mood already, it's like 5 am. I go to get gas, there's like 3 pumps open, and some dude gets out of his truck telling me I took his pump and to move before "Something happens" I proceed to start getting gas trying to ignore said fuckstick. Dude won't leave me alone. Blocks me in with his truck (There was a car behind me) and gets out with his arms crossed and walks towards me... Against my better judgement, I tell him "Listen to me as hard as you ******* can ************, Don't **** with me today. I will beat the ******* **** out of you and then move your truck myself so I can leave. Understand?" He goes "Oh yeah?" I go yeah, did I ******* stutter? And his Girl gets out and starts yelling too. Luckily a Sheriff's deputy pulled up to the store right then and he left. WTF is wrong with people? I guess people think everyone is scared to do anything.

I'm not a "Tough Guy" but seriously I hate everyone sometimes especially where I live. Nothing but dumb *** rednecks and ghettos around me.
Yeah, that'd be rather annoying. I remember when I worked by Drake University in Des Moines and was getting gas at a local gas station I had a black dude come up to me and made a huge scene to tell me that us white folk wanted the black people to be on welfare and started screaming at me to which I replied, "Yeah, I love paying taxes for people like you to not work. Seriously dude?"
Damn man, that'd be like me having a kid next year. NO THANK YOU! I'm sure it will be nice to have a little guy you can share your car enthusiast hobby with when he is older
Old 07-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

kids cost too much and then you're stuck dealing with their moms for eternity.
**** that.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
We'll all laugh if you have a girl

Damn man, that'd be like me having a kid next year. NO THANK YOU! I'm sure it will be nice to have a little guy you can share your car enthusiast hobby with when he is older
Having a kid thats also a female isnt so bad. My daughters gonna be 3 in a couple months. Love her to death.

She already has a ball going in "daddys loud car" So I'm hoping I'm sending her in the right direction with at least cars. Perhaps she will end up being one of the girls that can hang with the guys. Id love for her to race and beat up on the boys hahahahahah
Old 07-31-2012, 01:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am hoping no kids till I am 27 or so. Getting married in september, but we both want to wait. I want to make sure I have reliable, strong income and my other **** is out of the way before all my money is going to diapers and daycare n ****.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

**** that.
That is what I'm thinking!

Hope their contraceptives work well, because lets face it, wearing a condom is like going to class - you know you should, but it feels so much better without
Originally Posted by ZFreie
Having a kid thats also a female isnt so bad. My daughters gonna be 3 in a couple months. Love her to death.

She already has a ball going in "daddys loud car" So I'm hoping I'm sending her in the right direction with at least cars. Perhaps she will end up being one of the girls that can hang with the guys. Id love for her to race and beat up on the boys hahahahahah
You just say that because your daughter has you wrapped around her finger. Admit it...

You still with her mother? Have custody?

EDIT: What pisses me off is I have seen so many cases where the mother and father will break up and the mother will remarry and the new husband will be a lazy *** bum and not work. If it were me, I would HATE to pay child support when that bum that is currently with her isn't working
Old 07-31-2012, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Actually I have seen the reverse. Original husband,father is a deadbeat and mother gets not child support. Why should new guy have to pay for old guy's kid?
Old 07-31-2012, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Actually I have seen the reverse. Original husband,father is a deadbeat and mother gets not child support. Why should new guy have to pay for old guy's kid?
Good point, I've seen it both ways now.

***** get a job!
Old 07-31-2012, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You just say that because your daughter has you wrapped around her finger. Admit it...

You still with her mother? Have custody?
Nope, shes my ex lol, joint custody. everything pretty much 50/50. I'm lucky in that aspect of we didnt work out together but we can both be good parents for our daughter. Were very civil.

They shouldn't, the father should own up and take care of his kids. Dead beat dads **** me off, I don't understand how you could NOT want to be around your kids. I don't know what I would do if I were to lose my daughter.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:59 PM
9 Second Club

It's a double edge sword. At the time I wish I had waited before having my son so young. At the same time though it motivated me to finish school and get my life together. I did alot of growing up in my early 20's.
**** that.
I can't not agree with you Especially the mom part.

Thats awesome. I could see me being the same way if I had a daughter.
Originally Posted by AznMuscle
I am hoping no kids till I am 27 or so. Getting married in september, but we both want to wait. I want to make sure I have reliable, strong income and my other **** is out of the way before all my money is going to diapers and daycare n ****.
This is the smart way to do it. Plus then you can make sure you two can coexist and grow before adding another human being to the situation.
There is so many bad and good scanario's out there that it's just too subjective to think it goes a particular way all the time
Nope, shes my ex lol, joint custody. everything pretty much 50/50. I'm lucky in that aspect of we didnt work out together but we can both be good parents for our daughter. Were very civil.

They shouldn't, the father should own up and take care of his kids. Dead beat dads **** me off, I don't understand how you could NOT want to be around your kids. I don't know what I would do if I were to lose my daughter.
I agree with this whole heartedly. I'm the same way. Me and my sons mom didn't work out. I didn't want to subject him to a terrible home environment because we weren't good to each other. We separated when he was 3 and kept everything civil which you know as well as I do that it's easier said than done. I had to take alot of crap, backstabbing, and mud smearing being neutral to keep from rocking the boat early on. My family thought I was getting railroaded because I wouldn't play into her tactics. My ex took a while but came around and saw the good in moving on but keeping 50/50 custody and trying to maintain a solid friendship. We are good friends now and both have equal share in his life and are probably more functional than some "normal" families.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's a double edge sword. At the time I wish I had waited before having my son so young. At the same time though it motivated me to finish school and get my life together. I did alot of growing up in my early 20's.

I agree with this whole heartedly. I'm the same way. Me and my sons mom didn't work out. I didn't want to subject him to a terrible home environment because we weren't good to each other. We separated when he was 3 and kept everything civil which you know as well as I do that it's easier said than done. I had to take alot of crap, backstabbing, and mud smearing being neutral to keep from rocking the boat early on. My family thought I was getting railroaded because I wouldn't play into her tactics. My ex took a while but came around and saw the good in moving on but keeping 50/50 custody and trying to maintain a solid friendship. We are good friends now and both have equal share in his life and are probably more functional than some "normal" families.
Its nice to have a good idea where I'll be around your age.... in somehting faster then an lt1
Old 07-31-2012, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its nice to have a good idea where I'll be around your age.... in somehting faster then an lt1
Don't always give your LT1 crap. They can be made pretty quick - it just takes a lot more effort than your average LS1 platform

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)