Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Whats a good new smaller type SUV to buy?
How small? If you want just a small commuter I would look at a used rav4, there's a couple years where they run mid or low 14's I think. Get decent mpg and Toyota reliability, I just bought a used 4runner and so far it's doing better than my gm car that is much newer lol.

I also used to own a forester xt, loved that thing...handles, pretty quick out of the box and another vehicle I didn't have many issues with unless they were something I created.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
Stopsign where are you located? I'd like to run a Mach 1 in my Z28. It's a bolt on car with no stall, nothing special by any means
The upper part of SC. I think that would be a hall of a haul for you. It's not much closer for you but I run at Atlanta Dragway in Georgia if that helps.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

holyshit

Last edited by 2SSARME; 01-03-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Launching!

that video is pretty damn awesome!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
The upper part of SC. I think that would be a hall of a haul for you. It's not much closer for you but I run at Atlanta Dragway in Georgia if that helps.
Yeah thats a little ways. I run at valdosta and gainesville. Eager to get some times for this thing when Gainesville opens back up

For some reason I thought you were in GA

Last edited by wooddaniel; 01-03-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
I still am.

Already found a bunch I like. I'm going to Vegas next week and am going to snoop around there too.

Only thing I have changed my mind on is whether I will keep the srt10 or not
You won't be disappointed in the performance of a stock SRT8 Jeep. They are awesome considering the curb weight.

This is mine with only a muffler delete. Nothing else, not even a tune.

vs 2002 Z28

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=hT3es...%3DhT3esXe0tjU

vs 2001 SS w/ full exhaust and tune

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=qRlVQ...%3DqRlVQslV0Vc

A good tune makes a decent difference as well. I have $650 into mods on my Jeep and it is a completely different truck than in those videos.

Edit: I thought I knew how to embed videos, but apparently I don't know how.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah thats a little ways. I run at valdosta and gainesville. Eager to get some times for this thing when Gainesville opens back up

For some reason I thought you were in GA
I wouldn't live in GA to save my life!

Wife and I are looking at places around St Augustine to move, not sure how close that is to you. We would like to be in the St Johns county.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:24 PM
12 Second Club

Wife and I are looking at places around St Augustine to move, not sure how close that is to you. We would like to be in the St Johns county.
It's about an hour from me give or take. There's no direct way to the east coast where I live it's all backroads. That is a very nice area, and I hear ya about GA.

I have been thinking about moving to Jax; the only problem is my house. The golf course shut down and property values went to ****, so my choices are short sale, or deepfry a turkey in the garage and burn the bitch down
Old 01-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

When it comes to building up blocks do you guys recommend:

Stroke my current block
or
Get a new built block?

I don't really want to spend more than 10-15k and would like a block capable of handling 1000rwhp all day... double power adder (boost nitrous)
Old 01-03-2013, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

When it comes to building up blocks do you guys recommend:

Stroke my current block
or
Get a new built block?

I don't really want to spend more than 10-15k and would like a block capable of handling 1000rwhp all day... double power adder (boost nitrous)
If it were me I would build a new one so I do not have downtime of my toy.

However, you have a DD, so it may not be as big of a deal to you
Old 01-03-2013, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've noticed a trend with kill storys, the first page of a video is usually somewhat coherent with "nice kill/death" or something of the like, and after page 2 it turns into a cluster **** of troll and stupid.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
If it were me I would build a new one so I do not have downtime of my toy.

However, you have a DD, so it may not be as big of a deal to you
It is what I was thinking but let's say I keep my current block, how bad of a boom would 12psi+150shot be on my block? Would it destroy anything else besides the block? Could it potentially destroy my supercharger for example? I'm trying to avoid shooting a rod through the hood or something crazy like that which would cause a lot more damage than needed. And yes, I am going to put that ******* 150 shot through my stock block! We will see how far we can take a stock block L99!!

Originally Posted by ZFreie
I've noticed a trend with kill storys, the first page of a video is usually somewhat coherent with "nice kill/death" or something of the like, and after page 2 it turns into a cluster **** of troll and stupid.
I hate those douchebag trolls....
Old 01-03-2013, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2StepsAhead
Where at in bk? I work in park slope, stopped driving my cars in though...kept getting backed into.
I work in park slope occasionally as well. PM'd.

Thats pretty bad ***.

It is what I was thinking but let's say I keep my current block, how bad of a boom would 12psi+150shot be on my block? Would it destroy anything else besides the block? Could it potentially destroy my supercharger for example? I'm trying to avoid shooting a rod through the hood or something crazy like that which would cause a lot more damage than needed. And yes, I am going to put that ******* 150 shot through my stock block! We will see how far we can take a stock block L99!!
When you shoot a rod thru the hood, please have the GoPro on. LOL
But seriously, its not a bad idea to go forged with what you plan on doing.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZFreie
Just stupid people thumping their chests like a bunch of goons. "MY DAD CAN BEAT UP YOUR DAD" types are plentiful around here it seems. Always the first to try to prove something, the first to call someone out for it (projection at its finest) and the last to drop an argument and walk away.

I'd like to just throw this one at them and just might from here on out:

Attached Thumbnails Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)-fingerblast.gif  
Old 01-03-2013, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats great
Old 01-03-2013, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Hot damn about an hour and half north of me. I am going to ambush your *** with my stock looking car
Old 01-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

It's about an hour from me give or take. There's no direct way to the east coast where I live it's all backroads. That is a very nice area, and I hear ya about GA.

I have been thinking about moving to Jax; the only problem is my house. The golf course shut down and property values went to ****, so my choices are short sale, or deepfry a turkey in the garage and burn the bitch down
From looking into it the closest thing to me will be a 1/4 in Orlando (I don't do 1/8 racing). Yea the estate market is **** right now, one reason why we are looking to buy in the St Augustine area! Badass beaches and stuff all around! I haven't been deep into Jax but from what I saw it was nice. Our family friends that live down there told us to not go in the "bad area of Jax". I didn't believe them until we took a wrong turn off 95 and got in a lock the doors area!

Oh and the seafood around the Bridge of the Lions is AMAZING.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Hot damn about an hour and half north of me. I am going to ambush your *** with my stock looking car
Sounds good! I'll have some drag strip buddies in line before we move!

I thought you lived up with Hiho tho?
Old 01-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Those ford edges are pretty damn nice...

Buddy of mines mom has one, the entire top is a sunroof, has stock 20's, nice amount of power, annnnnnnd you can change the colors on the cupholders lmao!

Im not a ford guy at all either
Old 01-03-2013, 05:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2StepsAhead
How small? If you want just a small commuter I would look at a used rav4, there's a couple years where they run mid or low 14's I think. Get decent mpg and Toyota reliability, I just bought a used 4runner and so far it's doing better than my gm car that is much newer lol.

I also used to own a forester xt, loved that thing...handles, pretty quick out of the box and another vehicle I didn't have many issues with unless they were something I created.
Funny you say that because that's the main one I was looking at so far. The car is for my mother. She still has 3 kids at home so money is tight and she needs it to get good mileage as she drives an hour to work and back everyday. Needs to have less than 45k miles and under 20k miles. I can't talk her into an accord because she thinks she needs a bigger car for the kids. What are good years to look at for the rav4?

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)