Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
They are really really heavy...you don't want one.
Any suggestions? I'll be replacing my ls6 clutch/pp/flywheel this year.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 448 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
How much can you spend?
Old 03-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SPEC 2+

Ran one on one of my old F-body cars. Drives like stock and very affordable.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

How much can you spend?
500-600 probably... Limits me I'm sure.

I really do need to keep the stock feel, I drive 20+K a year.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

I always had good luck with the centerforce DFX. 400$ and drives like stock.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 448 Likes on 354 Posts

Every thing you just typed limits you from getting a very good clutch. The problem I have seen with alot of these aftermarket clutches that feel stock is they suck after about a 20kmiles...25k at the most. Your gonna have to get something that's stiffer than stock to get away from that. The weak oe style pressure plate gives up at high rpm. I had a few lightened spec 3's with a aluminum flywheel, that would be a minimum I would recommend on that budget. Get as light of one as you can afford. My clutch set-up is about $2k but only costs about $600 to renew.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I called spec like 2 days ago about there lightest clutch setup besides the spec mini series multi discs, they recomended a lightened up PP, lightweight aluminum flywheel with there stage 2 clutch or something **** was like $900 for that and it was only like 10lbs lighter than a factory clutch. No thanks.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Every thing you just typed limits you from getting a very good clutch. The problem I have seen with alot of these aftermarket clutches that feel stock is they suck after about a 20kmiles...25k at the most. Your gonna have to get something that's stiffer than stock to get away from that. The weak oe style pressure plate gives up at high rpm. I had a few lightened spec 3's with a aluminum flywheel, that would be a minimum I would recommend on that budget. Get as light of one as you can afford. My clutch set-up is about $2k but only costs about $600 to renew.
No disrespect, but you're spreading bullshit throughtout the LS community man. I see this with many of your post. I feel real bad for the people who actually believe you as they will be just as misinformed as you are.

I ran a SPEC 2+ on my first F-body for about 40k miles before I upgraded to a twin because of the cam/nitrous setup and the high rpm dumps I had planned for the new 9". And even then it had no slip to it. You don't need a expensive clutch kit for a mildly modded vehicle. Look around the boards and see how many guys are having good luck with some of the mild "street/strip" clutches.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

When the Centerforce Dual Friction in my Cobra gets where I can't DD it anymore, I plan on replacing it with a McLeod RXT.
I have heard nothing but good about them, regardless of brand car they are in.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by adamantium
I called spec like 2 days ago about there lightest clutch setup besides the spec mini series multi discs, they recomended a lightened up PP, lightweight aluminum flywheel with there stage 2 clutch or something **** was like $900 for that and it was only like 10lbs lighter than a factory clutch. No thanks.
If your looking for an all out setup don't be thinking cheap, be prepared to spend some money. The price they quoted is actually not that bad. A setup like that from some of the other manufacturers can cost A LOT more than that. It costs $ to play the game.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cammed 02
If your looking for an all out setup don't be thinking cheap, be prepared to spend some money. The price they quoted is actually not that bad. A setup like that from some of the other manufacturers can cost A LOT more than that. It costs $ to play the game.
Im aware. I was simply saying $900 for a regular single disc clutch? lol no thanks. If im spending close to a grand on a clutch its going to be a twin disc. You can put together a twin disc from quartermaster, sonic by tilton or ace racing for around that if not less. Using an auto flexplate, adapter and 7.25 twin disc setup. I know someone with there mini triple and he dailys it. His car went 116 mph with stock headers, stock tune with bolt ons. Alot of peopel overlook drivetrain weight. If im spending 1000 on a clutch it better be light as hell too.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by adamantium
Im aware. I was simply saying $900 for a regular single disc clutch? lol no thanks. If im spending close to a grand on a clutch its going to be a twin disc. You can put together a twin disc from quartermaster, sonic by tilton or ace racing for around that if not less. Using an auto flexplate, adapter and 7.25 twin disc setup. I know someone with there mini triple and he dailys it. His car went 116 mph with stock headers, stock tune with bolt ons. Alot of peopel overlook drivetrain weight. If im spending 1000 on a clutch it better be light as hell too.
The SPEC 2+ clutch/pressure plate I was referring to is $440. I'm assuming the price you were quoted included an aluminum flywheel and whatever other extras you were asking about. That stuff is not included in the clutch kit it is extra.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.coloradospeed.com/mcleod-...4l-p-7061.html
Old 03-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

No disrespect, but you're spreading bullshit throughtout the LS community man. I see this with many of your post. I feel real bad for the people who actually believe you as they will be just as misinformed as you are.
+1

Just like how he says a mini disc clutch is a good clutch for a bolt on car and is perfectly streetable. Bull ******* ****.

Waiting for Hiho to come in and say how it's so tame that his g/f can drive it.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Heater
When the Centerforce Dual Friction in my Cobra gets where I can't DD it anymore, I plan on replacing it with a McLeod RXT.
I have heard nothing but good about them, regardless of brand car they are in.
Me and a number of guys from SVTP will be at Zmax on Saturday....
Old 03-27-2013, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Been thinking of grabbing a 'Vette lately. Not sure why. I fell in love with a M6 C5 in a maroon color. Anyone know what color that is? I can't afford one atm, but maybe someday down the road.

Nix
Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Me and a number of guys from SVTP will be at Zmax on Saturday....
Wish it wasn't so far from me, I'd love to meet up and hang out.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Banned

The SPEC 2+ clutch/pressure plate I was referring to is $440. I'm assuming the price you were quoted included an aluminum flywheel and whatever other extras you were asking about. That stuff is not included in the clutch kit it is extra.

My initial comment wasn't directed to you. I was just saying if you want a light clutch setup a twin disc is your best bet. If your solely interested in the clutch holding thats fine get whatevers in your budget but personally if your already going to replace it might aswell upgrade it to something youll benefit more from that will be lighter. I would never put an LS7 clutch in my car, its heavier than factory. Its like a half *** bandaid mod, IMO. Then people can't wrap there minds around how hio or notch's cars trap what they trap.

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
+1

Just like how he says a mini disc clutch is a good clutch for a bolt on car and is perfectly streetable. Bull ******* ****.

Waiting for Hiho to come in and say how it's so tame that his g/f can drive it.

Ask notch he dailys his car every where on a mini triple disc. Same concept with the whole "duals are to loud wahh", Several limp wristed members bitch and moan about duals being unbearable to daily, i daily my car with a ******* 4" dump. Its preference. I think until you've actually owned/driven one with a multi disc setup your opinions rather irrelevant. Unless you have, then i can see where your reasoning comes from.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZNix
Been thinking of grabbing a 'Vette lately. Not sure why. I fell in love with a M6 C5 in a maroon color. Anyone know what color that is? I can't afford one atm, but maybe someday down the road.

Nix
I think it's just maroon. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. My favorite Corvette color is probably fairway green or atomic orange
Old 03-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZNix

Nix
That would be Magnetic Red.

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)