Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 11:20 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
They do suck. **** everywhere, no room to work on the damn thing and need a fi to over 350whp. Have to give the heap of **** long cool downs to keep it alive. From what I've read alot of guys run them 1 qt over on oil to keep it alive. I've been transplanting as many gm bolts and parts on this thing as I can get hoping it will stay together.
03/04 4v isn't half as bad as you make it out to be in terms of reliability. Besides, how would you know when you've never owned/raced a 4.6-powered production vehicle in your life? I had my Redfire 03 Coupe for 5 years (2005-10), 2nd owner. Made 517/513 with a stage V port, pulleys/bolt-ons, all the cooling mods and a hair under 600whp on a 75-shot. I ran that car HARD for many years, made many passes with it. Never experienced any "catastrophic" failures. It actually was just as reliable as any GM vehicle I've ever owned, more reliable than some. I do agree with you on that they're a PITA to work on, no doubt. But just like with anything, once you learn your way around it becomes much easier to live with.

Oh and the cooling between runs is mandatory for pretty much any motor with a PD blower. Fwiw I iced my ZR1 down in between runs. Even with the improved design the blower still gets hot as ****!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
03/04 4v isn't half as bad as you make it out to be in terms of reliability. Besides, how would you know when you've never owned/raced a 4.6-powered production vehicle in your life? I had my Redfire 03 Coupe for 5 years (2005-10), 2nd owner. Made 517/513 with a stage V port, pulleys/bolt-ons, all the cooling mods and a hair under 600whp on a 75-shot. I ran that car HARD for many years, made many passes with it. Never experienced any "catastrophic" failures. It actually was just as reliable as any GM vehicle I've ever owned, more reliable than some. I do agree with you on that they're a PITA to work on, no doubt. But just like with anything, once you learn your way around it becomes much easier to live with.

Oh and the cooling between runs is mandatory for pretty much any motor with a PD blower. Fwiw I iced my ZR1 down in between runs. Even with the improved design the blower still gets hot as ****!
Dude, don't buy into his ****. I'm pretty sure everyone knows he talks out of his *** and all he is trying to do is get someone's attention. He's a failed version of Automach.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by evangto87
Good runs, but try to make a humble post for once if you're capable of it!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Dude, don't buy into his ****. I'm pretty sure everyone knows he talks out of his *** and all he is trying to do is get someone's attention. He's a failed version of Automach.
Oh I know Stopsign, just trying to lace him with some game that's all.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Oh I know Stopsign, just trying to lace him with some game that's all.
Check out my new thread. He tried to say a stock Fbody suspension "works" better than mine. More talking out of his ***.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Taking a **** at a resort posting on ls1tech. Win win
Old 03-31-2013, 12:06 PM
TECH Regular

I'm doing the same only at my house, not in a 3rd world country
Old 03-31-2013, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
LOL. I dunno what I'm gonna do with it. Probably sell the rear end out of it and then sell the car for around what I paid for it or more.
I would rip the rear out of it and put a stock 10 bolt in and resell it for a good chunk of change. Everybody and their mother seems to want more than an fbody is worth nowadays besides the deals you find.

An acquaintance is pulling my built 4l60e out of my old 97 WS6 that runs/looks like absolute crap now. It went from clean to a recycled *****
Old 03-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Launching!

Check out my new thread. He tried to say a stock Fbody suspension "works" better than mine. More talking out of his ***.
Not surprising.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I would rip the rear out of it and put a stock 10 bolt in and resell it for a good chunk of change. Everybody and their mother seems to want more than an fbody is worth nowadays besides the deals you find.

An acquaintance is pulling my built 4l60e out of my old 97 WS6 that runs/looks like absolute crap now. It went from clean to a recycled *****
I keep looking for desperate people. When you throw cash in their face it's hard to say no. This one also comes with stock wheels and a brand new set of drag wheels. All I got to do is throw on some exhaust, it's open headers right now. The rear end is literally 0 miles, just installed. The guy hadn't even put the rear wheels back on yet. He's dropping it off at my house wed.

That's a shame about the WS6. Just like the guy who bought my Z28, he immediately took it out and did donuts and broke the rear end in it. It was a very clean car until he got ahold of it.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Good death!

That was a close race considering he had so much more horsepower and such a bigger motor than you do
Old 03-31-2013, 12:29 PM
Launching!

Did someone say something? I thought I....

damn I'm hearing things again
Old 03-31-2013, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
My 95z ended up on Craigslist not long ago... It looks like it spent the last decade as a soup kitchen. Dirty as **** and a spun bearing.... RIP
Old 03-31-2013, 12:32 PM
Banned

He talks all that **** about the 4.6 4v but yet the 4.6 4v gets it done with stock parts unlike ls with billet blocks, cranks etc..
Old 03-31-2013, 12:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 448 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
Have you checked the crank pulley Hio? I'd look over it my pulley was starting to come apart. Not a real expensive part just a pain to change when installed
On the termi engine? I put a metco on it.

I don't man. In the past year there has been lots of modulars blow up around here.
When have I talked out my ***?? I have proven what my **** does and I did'nt need a correction factor to do it.
It went faster than you. So according to you and your brother autoqueef that means it "works" better.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:40 PM
Banned

On the termi engine? I put a metco on it.

I don't man. In the past year there has been lots of modulars blow up around here.

When have I talked out my ***?? I have proven what my **** does and I did'nt need a correction factor to do it.

It went faster than you. So according to you and your brother autoqueef that means it "works" better.
You are trying to compare a fullweight car to a car with lots of weight reduction and more mods congrats
Old 03-31-2013, 12:44 PM
Launching!

Who's cars? Any links?
Old 03-31-2013, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Look at who the tuners are and what the circumstances were, you will probably see a trend.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

douchebags come in all shapes and size. 3 guys in stock 09-10 gtrs all laughed at my car about how it bad they would beat me with there 400whp....

Please..
Here in GA. Ran into a few GTR's. None would run. Then last week a women in a silver GTR recede at me. So I returned the favor. After hearing the exhaust and bov she got wide eyed. Waived and shook her head no. But they have been cool.

The ones that ate douches here is the ZL1 owners. In TX it was a few GT500 owners.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:55 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Taking a **** at a resort posting on ls1tech. Win win

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
I keep looking for desperate people. When you throw cash in their face it's hard to say no. This one also comes with stock wheels and a brand new set of drag wheels. All I got to do is throw on some exhaust, it's open headers right now. The rear end is literally 0 miles, just installed. The guy hadn't even put the rear wheels back on yet. He's dropping it off at my house wed.

That's a shame about the WS6. Just like the guy who bought my Z28, he immediately took it out and did donuts and broke the rear end in it. It was a very clean car until he got ahold of it.

Stock headers? I have a stock y pipe brah. I have also stock piping but i cut right over the axle to take of the muffler it had.

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)