Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZNix
I'll take the Buick then. Date actually loves the car, but I've never fooled around with her in it haha. I did decide on a college, thanks for asking. University of Hartford Class of 2017! Woo! Pre-Medical studies / Biology major.
Time to break in the backseat!

Congrats on the decision to go to college. Definitely a decision you won't regret with that major. I would recommend working on your time management as much as possible so your social life doesn't take a huge hit with that area of study.

Grades are important, but I guarantee the nights you'll look back on and remember will be the nights you barely remember getting fucked up with your friends and girls and not the biology/chemistry tests.

Tom Petty - "You have four years to be irresponsible here. Relax. Work is for people with jobs. You'll never remember class time, but you'll remember time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So, stay out late. Go out on a Tuesday with your friends when you have a paper due Wednesday. Spend money you don't have. Drink 'til sunrise. The work never ends, but college does..."
Old 04-30-2013, 08:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Wasn't that like 15 years ago?

The date from my hs hated it and the ones from other schools loved it

It was a fun old car for sure. I'm still surprised my buddies and I never got into any trouble back in those days. We would always say, "Last one to Cade's house has to buy lunch", after school. Thankfully with a SS/SC, bolt-on WRX, bolt-on LS1 SS SLP, and bolt-on LT1 ws6, I never fared too bad
Haha damn you actually it was in 1999 so yea close. Yeah Im old, usually Im the oldest person in my college classes or close to it.

I had one of the nicer cars in school; but unlike most of the kids I went to school with I bought it my self from working every day. There were some 2V stangs, and 1 LS1 car at my high school.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
Haha damn you actually it was in 1999 so yea close. Yeah Im old, usually Im the oldest person in my college classes or close to it.

I had one of the nicer cars in school; but unlike most of the kids I went to school with I bought it my self from working every day. There were some 2V stangs, and 1 LS1 car at my high school.
Haha just messing with you. If it makes you feel better, I have a 52 yr old black lady in most of my finance/accounting classes who literally always makes civil rights movement comments and thinks everybody is racist and out to get her and owes her something. It is rather sickening. She tries to sue everybody

Yeah, I still regret not picking up the black 99 WS6 I could have when I picked up my 97. Was young, dumb, and even a bigger jew back then with my money as I was trying to invest it and make it more. Would probably still own that car today if I had bought it
Old 04-30-2013, 08:21 PM
12 Second Club

Haha just messing with you. If it makes you feel better, I have a 52 yr old black lady in most of my finance/accounting classes who literally always makes civil rights movement comments and thinks everybody is racist and out to get her and owes her something. It is rather sickening. She tries to sue everybody

Yeah, I still regret not picking up the black 99 WS6 I could have when I picked up my 97. Was young, dumb, and even a bigger jew back then with my money as I was trying to invest it and make it more. Would probably still own that car today if I had bought it
LOL its all good

I wanted an LS car too but keep in mind when I was in HS they were a LOT more expensive. I think I paid 17K for my 97 Z28 IIRC (It was 1998 when I bought it)
Old 04-30-2013, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL its all good

I wanted an LS car too but keep in mind when I was in HS they were a LOT more expensive. I think I paid 17K for my 97 Z28 IIRC (It was 1998 when I bought it)
IIRC my old 97 WS6 w/ 98k was worth $8500 when I got it but I talked previous owner down to $6000 due to some body blemishes and smoker smell (I mostly got it out easily). That 99 WS6 w/ 65k I was talking about was from a guy who just went through a divorce and I had him talked down to $8k cash when it was worth like $12k but I was a cheap *** and never followed through with that deal.

Ohh well, you live and learn! I'll get back into something when the time is right
Old 04-30-2013, 08:25 PM
12 Second Club

IIRC my old 97 WS6 w/ 98k was worth $8500 when I got it but I talked previous owner down to $6000 due to some body blemishes and smoker smell (I mostly got it out easily). That 99 WS6 w/ 65k I was talking about was from a guy who just went through a divorce and I had him talked down to $8k cash when it was worth like $12k but I was a cheap *** and never followed through with that deal.

Ohh well, you live and learn! I'll get back into something when the time is right
I wish I'd been more responsible younger. You will not regret it even though it sucks now.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Even though it sucks now.
That is an understatement, but thanks
Old 04-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Where do you go to college?

I will show up to class in a KKK outfit and sit right next to her and stare at her the whole class.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Where do you go to college?

I will show up to class in a KKK outfit and sit right next to her and stare at her the whole class.
Iowa State. You might want to get hammered, there is nothing to do out here
Old 04-30-2013, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Iowa State. You might want to get hammered, there is nothing to do out here
I'm an expert at that.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey that plastic junk traps pretty low!!!

lolololool
LOL, that was on ET Bias Ply's which apparently will drop the trap a little bit. My buddy trapped 135mph with the same exact mods (tune/Dr's) but on regular ET streets. Let's see your boat do that.

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
There just decals but ya its a road course car.

Your car is looking sick man, that red is really nice
Using the car for what it is intended for. I can dig it.

Originally Posted by AnnivSS
I love those cars. I want to run a stock-ish one for ***** and giggles sooo bad.
Be careful, with these cars the difference between stock and "stock-ish" can mean 50-100rwhp! Lol
Old 05-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Launching!

Haha just messing with you. If it makes you feel better, I have a 52 yr old black lady in most of my finance/accounting classes who literally always makes civil rights movement comments and thinks everybody is racist and out to get her and owes her something. It is rather sickening. She tries to sue everybody.
**** man, if you walked in her shoes for a week you might better understand why she is that way. Could have been through a lot of BS in her day.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Looks good. Getting closer to my ET. Street should be good run as trap is close.
Thanks! As I mentioned above, on ET street radials (not Bias-ply) I'd probably pick up 2 mph or so. Still wouldn't be enough to handle your current setup tho.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Thanks! As I mentioned above, on ET street radials (not Bias-ply) I'd probably pick up 2 mph or so. Still wouldn't be enough to handle your current setup tho.
On street I think it might be close. I need get to track with new power. See how it does. But I have blower and stall up for sale. Looking to move to a Z06. Be my luck I go to track I will hurt something
Old 05-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On street I think it might be close. I need get to track with new power. See how it does. But I have blower and stall up for sale. Looking to move to a Z06. Be my luck I go to track I will hurt something
Better learn to drive brah
Old 05-01-2013, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

**** man, if you walked in her shoes for a week you might better understand why she is that way. Could have been through a lot of BS in her day.
I'm sure she has had her experiences, but literally everything in her eyes is racism. According to her, her schooling is free, so I don't see a point in complaining about it all that much. Including the black professor who doesn't call on her first before other students when other students raised their hands first.

I always figure if I show you respect and give you the benefit of the doubt, you should do the same to me.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Staging Lane

LOL, that was on ET Bias Ply's which apparently will drop the trap a little bit. My buddy trapped 135mph with the same exact mods (tune/Dr's) but on regular ET streets. Let's see your boat do that.

Using the car for what it is intended for. I can dig it.

Be careful, with these cars the difference between stock and "stock-ish" can mean 50-100rwhp! Lol

Have you ever owned a z06??

I ask because I wanna know diff/feel of a z06 to a zr1. My next car is a c6 vette just not sure if I want a z or a zr1... I'd throw money at both, just wondering what are pros and cons of both.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:14 PM
11 Second Club

Have you ever owned a z06??

I ask because I wanna know diff/feel of a z06 to a zr1. My next car is a c6 vette just not sure if I want a z or a zr1... I'd throw money at both, just wondering what are pros and cons of both.
If you're planning to mod it quite a bit, why not go with a GS and built it?
Old 05-01-2013, 05:09 PM
TECH Regular

If u do buy a Z06 venture into the C6 Z06 section of Corvette forum. It will give u tons of LOLs
Old 05-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
If you're planning to mod it quite a bit, why not go with a GS and built it?
Probably just dump 10-15k into it

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)